Burning Bowl Ceremony: Usher 2021 into Fruition
As we usher in the New Year it’s important to reflect on 2020 to release whatever emotions or patterns might be holding us back from moving forward.
Take some introspective time to reflect if you haven’t done so already and see what you need to let go of and what you want to birth this year in 2021.
While we are so ready to say goodbye to 2020, it seems we are a long way from where we were before the Pandemic started.
Eager to move on with a vaccine being slowly distributed but not there yet, and we must do our due diligence while moving into the year with the unknown. And we all know the unknown is one of the hardest places to hang out in.
This is my annual ritual I do in groups with clients or alone. Both are awesome. You could even call your support circle together outside or hold a Zoom meeting and do it together online. You could also do it with me below and turn the video on and off while you complete each step. It’s very powerful and I haven’t missed a year for 35 years and I started the tradition with my family as well.
9 Easy Steps to Usher in the New Year and clear out the debris from 2020
- Sit in meditation at your alter and light a candle, some incense, a flower and bell and root and ground for a few breathes or a long meditation. These 3 things reminds us of the impermanence of life as we know it.
- Write down all the things you want to let go of from this past year on a piece of paper. This is your chance to get them all out of your body and mind and on to paper. Anything at all that has a hold on you. Ie: anxiety, anger, depression, jealousy, frustration, loneliness, hurt, resentment. It can go on and on and don’t stop until you have written each one down.
- BURN IT! Yes, burn baby burn. Let it all go and feel it release far and away from you physically and metaphysically to create space inside for what you want to manifest in the New Year.
- Write down what you are grateful for: I know this might be a tall order for some of you with loss and the challenge from last year but it is really important because Gratitude produces more abundance in your life. There are always things you can find even in the most dismal of times (yes, even in 2020).
And to think 2020 had such a good ring. Don’t judge a book by it’s cover…. what a lesson this was!
- Write a letter to God, Source, the Divine, Your Higher Power affirming your wishes for 2021 thanking the powers that be. See my sample letter below from last year. I also might write some goals that I have with dates and a plan of action and add those to my calendar.
- Pick 3 angel cards representing Past, Present and Future. This is optional but quite profound and fun to play with!
- Stick it in an envelope, seal it and address it to yourself so you can mail it to yourself one week before the end of 2021 (write the day you will mail it to yourself in your calendar or you will forget).
- Now, open your letter from last year. It’s amazing what you will find.
This year was like a surprise gift I could have never predicted.. If some things still haven’t come into fruition, you simply put them on your list for next year. In regards to my Angel Cards, I still have the same love transformed into more passion. I’m playing more and always have to be honest with my truth and integrity. I am curious about all of the cherubs in all 3 cards as this is rare. I have 4 children and had 1 miscarriage making 5. Does this mean I have grandchildren on the horizon? hmmmm…..I guess I’ll have to wait and see.
- Remember to say Thank You!!!
Here’s are samples of what I wrote this year:
What do I want to release?
Impatience, frustration, perfection, fixation, being swept away, sitting so much, poor scheduling.
What I am grateful for:
My income only decreasing in half, clients that are so gracious, new definition of self, learning to do technology hard as it’s been, seeing clients on Zoom which has been awesome and more efficient in some ways, saving so much money by only spending money on essentials: Food and wine 🤣, learning how to structure my writing, my 1,000 followers to finish the year. Thanks again. My health, my yoga and Tai Chi practice, walking, strength training, sustaining my exercise routine, making videos, time with myself, effort, struggle and worry about income and just trusting, the beautiful clean air, starting my book and joining a writers workshop, doing some guest interviews, continuing even when I’m frustrated, help from some of you when I’m at the 9th hour and stuck, simple gatherings of everyone pitching in, letting go of messes in the house, amazing parents, kids, friends, pur word press family.
What I’ve learned about myself:
That I can stop driving myself to goals and trust the process, that I am capable of learning technology even though I have a difficult time with it, that I am resilient, that it’s ok to ask for help, I do much better with order and a schedule, it takes time to learn so it’s a double edge sword, to be gentle with myself, that I need to stop and eat and drink more water, that I love writing but hate sitting so much, that exercise, meditation and my yoga and Tai Chi are essential and imbedded in my genes at this point, I need to get up every hour and break, that interruptions of all of the animals is grating on my nerves, they teach me patience,
My letter From 2020:
This was wild to read because all of this came into fruition this year without any thought that my life would shift. At the time I was seeing a full load of clients 4-6 a day. Covid was the gift of allowing me to create this new shift. Otherwise, I would have just kept plugging along in my familiar and expected patterns. Yes, it took a pandemic for me to ask what about me, what do I want? Ask any busy person to get something done because they will do that and more. Now I have limits on what I want to do and how much is actually good for me, which is so freeing. I’m not sure why I didn’t address my letter in my usual way with is usually Dear Father Mother God, Thank you for my blessings of……..
I also enclosed a second page this year which I never do. I also often write down exercise goals, etc. and put dates on them and add them to my calendar. Somewhere, I must have known there would be no schedule this year.
Here’s the second page I included. It was so unusual for me to do a semi poem or thoughts propelling me into writing without even knowing it. I thought I would spare you from my horrible writing this time. 🤣
Gathering, chirping, nesting
Moving from limb to limb
Leaping to new heights
Swinging off branches
Singing my song.
Listening closely to my heartbeat
We all have a song waiting to be told
And to share with the world
Deep penetrating, dark open
to shed light on wounds and cleanse
Drinking in the nectar of life’s gifts.
Sharp fans spike shadows of light
moving gracefully, gently and swiftly
cutting through lies
People have their ideas but they can’t define me
All are mirrors to grow and learn from.
Happy New Year as you put into motion an attitude of gratitude so that no matter what happens to you next year, you can ride the current, go with the flow and find your dristi (focus) and bliss.
As always, thanks so much for your time and support. If you found this useful, please remember to like (if you do of course), comment and or share.