Billowing Branches
Snowflakes dancing
Turn warm

When they hit my head

Warm slumberland
Starry nights
Softly kissing my checks
Lying in the powder sinking

Eyes fluttering

Billowing Branches
Images floating

Warm but shivering
Real or fantasy

Body suspended on a magic carpet ride.

Over valleys and hill tops, my heart skips a beat
Flying so high, I may never come down
Peace beacons

light shines
everything is right

Billowing branches
Do I stay or go back home?
And before I can decide

My eyes pop open inside my cozy bed

I look around
And close my eyes to finish the story but
Billowing branches kiss my forehead

Saying it’s time to get up from slumberland
I see my daughter playing with Frosty the snowman

We have had sunny beautiful days with a little bit of much needed rain. I wrote this poem about a week ago and I got the above pictures a few days ago of my daughter who is living in New York. I did change he last line when I saw her with Frosty. They got 16 inches of snow in their backyard in Manhattan. We all thought she was crazy when she paid for a bigger place in N.Y. for her 2 cats so they could have a yard, but it turns out that it was worth it’s weight in gold during the pandemic. It’s been a Godsend as she works from home and barely leaves her apartment. I’m curious how the cats like it now.

Happy Friday! Have a great weekend and thanks so much for stopping in! Stay blessed and make sure you get out and move a little, play some and chillax!

Please remember to like (if you do of course), comment and or share.

❤️

Website|Facebook|Instagram|YouTube

Athira

Happy Friday Cindy

Athira

1 year ago

I love your poem, Cindy! I know that feeling when you want to go back into the dream, but what a sweet sight to wake up to! Hope you and your family are all doing well ❄️ ⛄️

Frank @ Beach Walk Reflections
1 year ago

Beautifully written and a nice way to end the week. For me, beautiful imagery with a touch of fantasy. Cheers to your daughter bringing smiles to you. Have a good weekend.

Frank @ Beach Walk Reflections
1 year ago

🙂 … Cheers … its noon somewhere.

Frank @ Beach Walk Reflections
1 year ago

Maybe a sign of changing times. 😉

1 year ago

Lovely poem with beautiful imagery! <3 I love the anecdote about your daughter and her home with a yard intended for her two cats! The photos are priceless! It does look like Frosty enjoys a little wine. I don't believe hot cocoa would be good for his health! 🙂 Have a great weekend, Cindy! <3

Ace
Ace

Beautiful poem Cindy, love it!! 🖤

Soni Cool😎
1 year ago

So lovely poem Cindy❤️ and snowman is so cute😃Have nice weekend dear😊😊😍

Kumar Harsh

The poem was so beautiful Cindy. Felt it so much. 😇😇
The snowman looks amazing. I wish you could send one here. 😍😍

Kumar Harsh

Indeed 😍😍

asthaisha

Lovely poem💜💜💜💜 amazing photos 🤗🤗🤗🤗
Have a amazing weekend 🌼🤗

1 year ago

Wow, what a beautiful pics Cindy. 😍😍 I am sure she is having a great time with the snow and her cats. And your poem added beauty to these pics. Happy Friday Cindy 🥰🥰🥰

short-prose-fiction

That’s a beautiful poem Cindy. Happy Friday ♥️♥️♥️🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

short-prose-fiction

nushhe

Lovely poem Cindy! 😌😌

vaniheart

Loved the imagination 💖💖💖💖
And frosty is as cute as your daughter🙈🙈🙈

1On1Wisdom
1 year ago

Just beautiful ❣️ the poem, pictures and the snow man. Thank you for sharing. Have a great weekend. 😇

1On1Wisdom

It’s my pleasure….. Thank you! ❣️

bourgeoishannahgmailcom
bourgeoishannahgmailcom
1 year ago

Love the picture captions. They seem to be absolutely loving that backyard these days! Thanks for sharing, Cindy!

Kritika
1 year ago

Creative and the snow man looks wow with the alcohol bottle downwards. The place looks fabulous. So much of snow it is love. I hope to stay at such a place forever. 🙂 I too need a Hot Chocolate now. 😉

inspirechief
1 year ago

Cindy, great poem and pictures. I hope you have a wonderful, fun Friday and a great weekend 🤗❤️🥃.

1 year ago

Wow. Some Poem. Wow. Some Snow.

Cheers. Happy Saturday.

Sarah Davis

What fun! Happy Friday!

1 year ago

Stunning poem and yeah cool pics!!

Thegirlwithapuzzledmind
1 year ago

Awesome poem Cindy. I always hate when my dreams end abruptly. But honestly it doesn’t matter much because I don’t remember most of my dreams.
And your daughter is having an amazing time I guess. Loved the snowman.

House of Heart
1 year ago

This is delightful Cindy. I love the snowy escape , it’s very inviting. ❤️🧤🧤🏖🎈❄️TGIF!

House of Heart

Lol, Resa knows how to dress the art models. Have a lovely weekend Cindy. ♥️

365dniwobiektywielg

❄👍🌨🥶

365dniwobiektywielg

💘

roughwighting
1 year ago

I related to this poem as I have LOTS of snow here in the Boston area and when I get really cold I just wanna snuggle in my flannel sheets and dream. 😁Such cute photos of your daughter.

Samreen Asad
1 year ago

What a lovely poem Cindy❤️❤️❤️ Pictures are so beautiful 😍 and that snow, oh wow😀 👏 cats must be having a great time in the yard 😍 Have a great weekend Cindy 🤗❤️🤗❤️🤗❤️

Samreen Asad
1 year ago

I always do Cindy ❤️😊❤️ Thank you so much, loads of hugs and love back to you too🤗🤗🤗❤️❤️❤️❤️

Samreen Asad

, 🥰❤️💕🌹🤗

Samreen Asad

💞✨💞✨💞

Samreen Asad

😘😘😘

1 year ago

hi- that is fortuitous that your daughter spent the extra for the space and to now have it be such a refuge! very awesome

and your poem here must be included in your dirt book (well depending how you want to approach the first book!
my teacher hat was on when i read part of this poem
but also my personal hat!
the ending of the third stanza with that longer line and then the start kf the fourth stanza with the longer lines
have it this fullness – like a drum solo coming in to a song or like a jamming part of the song to slow down again-
and i think read a loud this would be an adventure

and on a personal note – i like your original and freshness
you write as if you are not trying to impress (yawn – some poets do that or they seem to force a form like tanka or sonnet and then it constricts or makes them add syllables and words to fit that) but you seem to really let the ideas take shape in free form and allow us to easily flow with it.
that was how i felt at least
the way you connected the many sensory details and then the valleys and carpet ride.
you take us high and low in various ways.
did i mention that this should be included in one of your books?
haha
thanks for the kind of poetry i love
and poetry is a genre that is so subjective, eh?

hi – dirt was typo
meant “first”

i hear you !! new terms –
either classic or those slang words A lol

1 year ago

but the book “the dirt cure” is one awesome read!!

and keep writing the way you are doing it because there is a lot of that raw talent and originality

and don’t want to rant at all but i am a little
annoyed by some poetry! two kinds in particular
the overly deep and way metaphoric that nobody understands 90% of it (those poets should always have a section giving us notes / and then it adds color to the rainbow)
and second
as noted above
the forced form that requires syllables or lines — it tends to “not” be done easily by the majority and they overuse conjunctions and articles and sometimes think the poems are better than they are.
of course there is always value – even for the b flat, plain cracker-like poem that is forced into a form – the value is in words and their message and of course beauty there too!!
but in my very humble and subjective opinion
– the free verse poem (like yours here) allows an author to almost design their own flow – with melody and flavors – and with interest
we still could take away different things and at times an author could explain a few things they meant
but not really needed like it is with those crazy deep poems – hahaha

1 year ago

wel have fun with the haiku! i think anything we do tonwork with words will have value

and what we do not do

as you know from your fitness decades
if some does a lot of lower body exercises they will have the fruits of that – and then different exercises have different target outcomes (so much your area) but i know one lady who was worried she would get thunder thighs and so she stopped machine workouts in those circuits –

okay all that to say that there are different outcomes from various writing endeavors and the haiku writing will shape you as you think of short content across those syllables – this could help you with free form by naming it more concise.

the absolute best thing i ever did for my personal
writing was to do flash fiction challenges for a couple of years!
it allowed me to really hone the scaling back.
i had already done this with research writing (we had to because APA style suggests we have economy kf words and be succinct – we edit and edit)
anyhow – the flash fiction helped that other side of my writing.

so if your heart is feeling called to haiku ((and remember you would not be doing it if there wasn’t a lure – or desire – and i think that is a sign that your inner self is wanting that – some call it there muse! and so if you muse is leading those haiku and other endeavors / that is what will continue to shape you for that signature style you so obviously have!

1 year ago

hahaha – best wishes with the Gotfired project and no worries on content for my account – i can skip around

and i have no idea about grammarly for wordpress – but i do think grammarly is awesome in the way they edit while teaching the user or mention notes as to why a fix might be in order.
i personally wouod just use the web version of grammarly because all this apps being downloaded are not my thing and don’t care if i a missing out on app features

and happy to share and learn with with you here in blogosphere – i think it just so happens that where you are at in your life (pursuing your writing and having that spark) happens to align with some of my background – and that is why we click – eh??

and i am personally having withdrawals from nkt doing flash!
but stopped for a few reasons (can share more later) and will pick up again soon
and that leases to my closing thought

it is great to learn and get a feel for this and that – and as noted before – it will shape your work and color it – but always still do what you want and what feels like your work. we need that more and it is what truly brings richness
like all the poem styles to explore – were made by someone !
or connect to a culture and its roots
and well –
you might bring us a fresh twist that leads to another new style – so learn and apply but keep
meeting that digital essence spill
into what you do!
we see this with the artists that were called the impressionists –
you know like monet

they were trained formally and did traditional work and then found they desired painting less complicated pieces – they wanted to capture the changing light of the day rather than make a four year realistic painting using smoky effects!
and so their light brushstrokes and simple ness led to a new style and paved the way for expressionism and more!
so always evolving
and the reason i am writing all this is because i do see some raw talent with your prose
and maybe it is your humility and vulnerable essence that brings this freshness
as opposed to coming to the stanzas thinking it is a slam dunk – write and done – kind of thing

1 year ago

well the pleasure is mine too!
have a great day and ttys

Ladysag77
1 year ago

Magical ❄🤍 as pretty as it is, I enjoy it only in pictures now. My days spent in the cold weather are over, thankfully. Snow always emanates peace for me. It’s billowing blankets. Yes, my sons who are in RI told me all about the storm. The days of fun and snow are over mostly for them since it’s become a chore 😆 Great candid shots of your daughter🤗

1 year ago

Great poem my friend, who is really not so far away, makes one think about the snow. We don’t get much in NC either. When I was in WA State I loved snow skiing and just playing in the snow. It is so peaceful. I hope you have a truly blessed weekend my dear friend. Sending love, hugs, and blessings your way. Love you Cindy
💕🤗❤️

Bharath Upendra
1 year ago

I love how your weekends go.

alisendopf
1 year ago

Yeah! I love snow! So nice to see people out enjoying it. It’s so much fun to play in.

PoojaG
1 year ago

Always get the place with the yard!! I’m pretty close to New York and it’s been snowing a lot here too and I’ve really been enjoying it.

PoojaG
1 year ago

Yeah I’m studying in St. Catharines at the moment!!

Jonathan Caswell

Jonathan Caswell

<3 <3 <3 <3 D 😀

Jonathan Caswell

MY FINGERD CAN’T KEEP UP! 😀 <3

M Jay Dixit
1 year ago

Loved your poem, Cindy! The time just after getting up from sleep is really wonderful, many poems happen there❤🙂 Lovely pictures! ~Jay

rosidabegum

Lots of snow..wow!! She is enjoying a lot. Pics are just awesome 😊
As always a wonderful poem💞 and I am also thinking about the cats😹

rosidabegum
1 year ago

Always welcome🥰love your delightful words.
Happy Sunday to you💕

rosidabegum

💞💞🙏🙏

1 year ago

Lovely poem with beautiful imagery & the photos are amazing….enjoy the weekend ✨

You’re welcome, my dear friend Cindy ❤️✨

Introverted Thoughts
1 year ago

Ahh, that was such a lovely write!❤️

Introverted Thoughts

Of course!!

1 year ago

I love flying in dreams, but don’t do it nearly often enough, Cindy. As for snow, your daughter looks quite happy. I doubt that the cats (unlike dogs) think highly of it. 🙂 Hope you are having a great weekend. –Curt

1 year ago

Confessing my ignorance, Cindy. I had to look up craniosacral to see whether I was doing it to not. Not. But I am sitting in our van at Harris Beach State Park near Brookings, looking out at the beautiful Pacific Ocean. It accomplishes some of the same purposes. 🙂
I used to have trouble flying high, myself, Cindy. I was going to say getting high, but that didn’t work… My challenge was power lines kept me down. They are something you don’t want to tangle with when flying. Grin. My first inspiration for flying came from Carlos Castaneda. –Curt

1 year ago

He was quite open about the substances. 🙂 But what I really loved was that he wandered the wilderness like I do. And his various meditation techniques. –Curt

xoxooxo back at you. 🙂

1 year ago

Cindy, your verse is sweet, warm, and just precious. Great job! Your daughter is a doll, and I love the pics of her in the snow, especially with the upside-down wine bottle next to the snowman! Did he do that after finishing the bottle? 🤣🌞🤣

Leyla

Beautiful poem and pictures, Cindy
Happy Weekend, friend

K E Garland
1 year ago

Eek! I do not miss that snow. Great poem, though lol

johncoyote
1 year ago

I love the photos dear Cindy and good evening from Michigan.

johncoyote
1 year ago

I wish I could. Very cold, icy and snowy dear Cindy in Michigan. Have fun and be safe.

Gibberish
1 year ago

Such a beautiful poem…perfect to end the week 💖💖

Lebogang Shazzygal Malatji

Happiest one
Hope you had a blast

Much love from South Africa

lmdurso20
1 year ago

Beautiful! The poem and photos of your daughter in the snow! 😉 My family is all still back in NY (Long Island, where we come from) and so I am always up on the storms and weather going on there! It’s pretty, but I sure do not miss shoveling it or driving in it! God Bless! Have a great week ahead!

1 year ago

A wonderful poem… sweet dreams for sure… They did get a big dump of snow on the east coast. All we got out of it was rain! I miss the snow too!! Winter blahs for sure!!
dwight

historyjoe23
1 year ago

You nailed it. I love the idea of writing a dream in a poem. I may have to play with something like that myself.

I’m building a Facebook page, “Found Online,” where I can share links to poems I really enjoy for others to visit your site and explore your work. This poem is one I chose to link to. Check out the page at: https://www.facebook.com/joestoutfoundonline

sloppy buddhist
1 year ago

Happy weekending … albeit the days seem to merge into one … such strange times here along with some deep freeze 🥶😰❄️ smiles from my mat Cindy ~ have a wonderful
Monday … I’m looking forward to a new week … got lots done! 😀

1 year ago

Beautiful poem Cindy and what an adorable daughter you have,looks like she is having so much fun.thanks for sharing the pictures ❤️❤️🙏

ashok
1 year ago

I too got beautiful snow laden pics from my nephew in NY 💖🤗

ashok
1 year ago

Oh yes they are loving it as they are mostly at home. All the best Cindy for the much needed rain 🌧 💖🤗

thereluctantpoet
1 year ago

Reblogged this on The Reluctant Poet.

thereluctantpoet
1 year ago

You are so welcome, My Dear! My pleasure! I can do More!
xoxox 😘💕🌹🌹

m3l0dicverse
1 year ago

I felt like drinking a cup of hot chocolate with a marshmellow in the middle while enjoying this poem 😊