Photo by Brett Sayles on Pexels.com

If there was no color,
What color would we be?

Invisible ink that disappears as soon as it’s written.

Same on the inside as we are on the outside.  Different genes, shapes and sizes coming from different countries and nationalities but all wanting the same thing …. peace and harmony.

What color would we be if our eyes couldn’t see?
Invisible ink that disappears as soon as it’s written.

Writing a new script and a new path as those before us started…
up to us, to continue their legacy.

If there was no color, what color would we be?
Invisible ink that disappears as soon as it’s written.

Yellow, black, blue, orange, purple, white, red will all be brown someday.  Same on the inside as we are on the outside. All the colors of the rainbow, beautiful and bright, a melting pot of delight.

If there was no color what color would we be?
Invisible ink that disappears as soon as it’s written.

Yearning for the same thing;  food, shelter, love and peace and harmony.
And if our words spoke love, what would happen to our hearts?

What color would we be if our hearts couldn’t see?
Invisible ink that disappears from the page.

Wrongs made right where no one gets even.
Would the hate disappear and violence and greed?  An eye for an eye never brought anyone back.  Would the bullying stop, if our colors were one and our preferences honored?

What color would we be if our eyes couldn’t see and our hearts could open in acceptance
For every man, woman and creature?

Call me naïve, a hippie at heart
How could we remedy the injustices from the very start?

What color would we be if our eyes didn’t see?
Invisible ink that disappears as soon as it’s written.

I wish we could go back to when we were young and carefree.
Where did we go wrong?
What could we have done to rectify the wrongs, from these atrocities?

If there was no color what color would we be?
Invisible ink that disappears as soon as it’s written.

That’s who I want to be…. Invisible ink!

Yes, I’m ridiculed for having unrealistic ideals but I’ll continue to hold my head high and my hands open with a hand up, not a hand out for our fellow mankind no matter what color we be.

The world would be boring if our eyes couldn’t see;  so honor all of our colors;  the rainbows of differences,  that give color to our world. There are bad ones and good ones, and it is seen in all races, genders, religions, and countries my new motto is just don’t be an asshole.

Hi Friends,

I had written this piece within hours of recieving this text from my oldest daughter below. The last line was hers and I just had to add it:

Just found this video again, that I loved sooooo much when our minister at church played it years ago… I think this is the ultimate message that I believe in, and I get frustrated with a country trying to divide us instead of unite us… this is the message I believe in…. thought I’d share with you. I shared this in my classroom years ago, after I saw it, and it terrifies me that it might not be something I could share again for fear of being “canceled” in today’s society… love you! Thought I’d share, so you can see my thoughts versus how you sometimes think of me when we debate, lol

This was where I thought society was heading, and I was always so hopeful, this past year has made me much more cynical.

This was truly heartfelf for me to receive and we go round and round in discussions and things are so jumbled in our world today, it’s been an example of not being able to see the other person or what is going on in their psyche and hearts. It was also validating knowing that church in the young years actually are imbedded in her psyche of love in action.

I sent her my above poem and here was her response back which I just love.

Lovely mama, it’s all about heart, there are bad ones and good ones, and it is seen in all races, genders, religions and nationalities, etc. my new motto is just don’t be an asshole.

I laughed so hard and of course I later sat back and thought about why people have been assholes and what has happened to them in their life to go down this path. There is a lot of reasons for sure and it’s my job to help people uncover and heal the parts of themselves that made them assholes. I’ve been feeling sorry for the coyote laying at my pool and wondering if I could tame him.
Oh God I thought, “DON’T BE AN ASSHOLE”.

I LOVE THIS VIDEO and am proud to share it and If it’s politically incorrect and I’m “cancelled”, I’ll take my chances and thank my daughter for sharing it with me.

Have a wonderful day and be your bright colorful bold self!
Just DON’T BE AN ASSHOLE!
What color would you be if you could choose any one that you love?

I would be purple or mayber blue and purple.

I so much appreciate your time, liking (if you do of course), comment and or share if you’re inclined.

💖

Copyright © Cindy Georgakas
All rights reserved

Website | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube

sunith83
1 month ago

Amazing and I cannot agree more!!

anitaannabel
1 month ago

“If they was no color, what color would we be?”….

Its a juicy post and I’ve missed you Cindy….your daughter must be a sweet little angel😩🥺.

If they was no color, I think we would all be equal and non discriminatory….so much for the color anyways…

anitaannabel

I’m glad I’m back too✅✅
Happy Easter❤⬇

anitaannabel

You’re welcome❤

the greatvincent
1 month ago

Well… If there was no color what color would I be?
As babies we don’t see color black or white we see in black and white we are one,
Then we grow up we get brainwashed and get to see beyond colour divided and distant we are black and white.
I’ll stick with being that invincible ink vanishing as soon as it touch the paper.

Weird and Wonderful
Reply to  the greatvincent
1 month ago

Wouldn’t you be colour blind, if you could only see in black and white? Like, I am just saying that it is okay to have diversity of colours.

I did an experiment with 3 yr olds and dry paint. The type you use only water with. They find out which colours make what, but their faces when they discover the different colours they made: priceless!!!! I mean, thus I cannot pick a colour because they amused me no end.

Bharath Upendra

Don’t be an asshole.
That was straight. 😃

Shivam
Reply to  Bharath Upendra

Hey bro can you please help me to get more followers and visitors to my site. Site name – The Tech World

Shivam

Yes, my site – https://ka830466791.wordpress.com/

Shivam

Thanks a lot

Shivam

From where are you

joycemaryj
1 month ago

Such a beautiful piece of advice for the mankind!! After reading this, I wish all of were invisible ink. Thank you so much for sharing this. I really loved it.

Weird and Wonderful
1 month ago

I try my hardest to keep myself in civil composure. But, there are times when I really want to tell the assholes to behave themselves.

MariaTeresa
1 month ago

Oh Cindy,my soul echoes all of your words and intentions here. I would be the same combination of color, purplish blue with magenta accents. Our world is so much more alive with differences that do unite us rather than tear us apart as the systems would have us do. Unity is our common human tbread,thread, Light inside all of us granted by our creator. We are all worthy of love. The illusion of separation is just that, an illusion and a brainwashingindset that too many have been corrupted by. It’s up to each one of us to be open minded, open herded and love one another no matter what. I choose to live like like your daughter stated so honestly, “just don’t be an asshole” yet I cansee that those that do are deeply afflicted in pain and suffering and need the most caring compassion through kindness and love. It’s all available should we choose to see it. We can absolutely effect change by remaining true to our own loving spirits. That is the journey of the soul. We are all here together, to love and guide one another back to love. I love you. I see you and I feel you and I honor these truths as your testimony because it is mine too. Beautiful Monday share sister, wonderfully powerful ❤🙏🤗🎆 we are all so powerful, may we each rise in love and share the Light with one another!

MariaTeresa

Absolutely soul sister ❤❤ In light and in shadow, always with love ❤ Namaste 🙏
Together we rise, divided we fall….yes, we know this truth 🙌

MariaTeresa

💃🦋🤸‍♀️likewise 💓🌠🎆

Cindy ~ this reminds me of a Shel Silverstein poem:

COLORS

My skin is kind of sort of brownish
Pinkish yellowish white.
My eyes are greyish blueish green,
But I’m told they look orange in the night.
My hair is reddish blondish brown,
But it’s silver when it’s wet.
And all the colors I am inside
Have not been invented yet.

1 month ago

Oh dear Cindy, you stole my heart today. This is gorgeous poem.❤️❤️ Cannot agree more! Honour all the colours and the rainbow of differences!!! A beautiful poem for those who loves human in all colours. 👏👏👏👏

1 month ago

I love your poem and your new motto Cindy! Never let go of your ideals 🌈❤️🙏

💪❤️🙏

1 month ago

Couldn’t agree more. Love this!!

Nawazish

This is just wow Cindy!😍😍

vaniheart

What a beautiful piece of writing Cindy 👏👏👏❤❤❤😮😮😮😮
I loved it so much ❤❤❤

1 month ago

This is simply profound writing….I’m loving every bit of it….we’re transparent…one….as in universe….❤️✨

You’re welcome, dear Cindy ❤️ ✨

1 month ago

Beautiful words, Cindy! If we could see who a person is on the inside…How much better off would we be? <3 Have a great week!

1 month ago

This is by far your best piece ever so true and important for all beings on this planet to realize . We are all connected and thoughts and deeds effect each other collectively. Sounds like your daughter has intuitively gained a lot from her early experience with Sunday school and love of family. I’m sure all of your children are equally compassionate and loving toward all of humanity. I love the video your daughter shared such an important message in these tumultuous times.Keep up the good work of inspirational messages to raise the consciousness of humanity.🌷🙏🥰❤️

Rishika Jain

Aaaah fascinating, Cindy!!

Ananda
1 month ago

This post touched my heart, wandered around it, nudging it to be open ❤️

1 month ago

I love this post, Cindy. All of it! The part about all our hearts being open, accepting, and loving is beautiful. Lovely my friend. ❤️❤️❤️

You’re welcome, Cindy. Always! Yes, we continue! Agreed. ❤❤❤

poorvi kumar
1 month ago

this is such a well written piece, thanks for sharing 🤍

ashok

I love you and your family so much Cindy. Stay blessed. Stay loved 🥰 💖🤗

You always write so well and you are such a fun and love family, but this surpasses all your posts. Every word is so close to my heart and thoughts. I would have to write two three posts to respond to this beautiful post 💖😍

God is Love. Love is God. Love is all there is.

In my beautiful country too the current regime is very divisive. They have smartly divided the country on religion lines for their vote banks. And that has disturbed me so much for some years now.

But my solace comes from awareness that God knows what He is doing. Satan too is His creation. And ultimately we all get what we deserve – as karma, cause and effect are the Law. This is true for us as individuals, families, communities, nations and the world.

So what do we do: We need to raise our consciousness. We need to change. We become more loving, and caring, and kind and compassionate. And that helps the whole world, whole creation.

That is why I love Paramahansa Yogananda so much. He was love incarnate. In his address at the World Congress of Religious Liberals in Boston in 1920 he had addressed all these issues beautifully and that address is now available as Science of Religion.

We are all One. Ours is an interdependent coexistence. Various colours add beauty and joy and make us visible. Whole of creation is a play of light and shadow. If there was only light or only white we would become The Invisible Ink you have so beautifully narrated.

A big love filled hug 🤗 Have a joyous and love filled week 💖💖💖💖

ashok

Cindy is love. Ashok is love. Love shall triumph 💖🤗💖

ashok

😊💖

1 month ago

Cindy, I love the many different ways you expanded on your idea of “invisible ink” and the video was powerful. If only everyone (on the planet) were as accepting and loving as your readers. 🌈 💖

1 month ago

Different messages and different speakers, but all uplifting and empowering voices are equally important.

Lokesh Sastya
1 month ago

I appreciate such a creativity and bold attitude. I am idealistic person. Usually I don’t use negative words. But I belive in being real and true.

Your daughter is right.
Don’t be an a*** .

Lokesh Sastya
1 month ago

Yeah, we should be more humble.

1 month ago

Wonderful post and video, Cindy. Superficial stuff doesn’t define us.

1 month ago

Lots of words of wisdom in this one Cindy! It seems we would be so much better if we would drop the race and racist adjective in our society. The more we use it the more we separate and divide. And… it works both ways. If we could describe situations without always adding a color to it we could stay better focused. I am for being invisible in situations like this and love your motto… don’t be an asshole! Seems there are always a few of them around!!
The video sums it up very well!
Dwight

1 month ago

The News media constantly perpetuates the drama, by showing things over and over again.

Shayan Das
1 month ago

Oh my gosh! This is such a powerful write. The repeating two lines even make it more dynamic. Great write. Hats off to your style!

Shayan Das

You’re welcome 🤗

1 month ago

Cindy, well done. Let me work my way backward. Your daughter’s simple motto may codify a variation of the Golden Rule that is even more memorable. “Just don’t be an asshole.” Of course, it is not enough, as indifference and apathy can fall short, even though one is not being an asshole. Maybe that is why that Jesus fellow said it the way he did. Treat others like you want to be treated. And, as you did, he did not use any caveats about color, gender, ethnicity, etc.

What is lost on too many, in my simple view, is that Jesus fellow usually hung out with the more disenfranchised folks when he traveled, not necessarily the ones who led the communities. Religious scholars have noted that Jesus probably spoke in four languages to converse with all kinds of people. To me, this reveals someone who wanted to communicate with as many kinds of people as possible.

So, getting back to your wonderful rainbow of people, I am reminded of the old Bible song we used to sing as kids, “Red and yellow, Black and white, Jesus thinks we are out of sight, Jesus loves the little children of the world.” Of course, we also could quote the distinguished duo Bill and Ted, “Be excellent to each other and party on dude.” “And, don’t be an asshole.” Keith

1 month ago

Great motto for “a hippie at heart,” and the rest of us Cindy. Being color blind is as good as any place to start behaving better. –Curt PS: Talk to the coyote. I’ve done that on occasion and found that they talk back. Yip, yip, yippee! 🙂

1 month ago

Haight Ashbury came into fruition while I was in Africa. The first thing I knew about it was when some new Peace Corps Volunteers fresh from the states hosted a Haight Asbury party in a remote village.
Maybe the coyote has a sense of humor and wants to see the half-dressed, mad woman come charging out with her crow bar! 🙂
–Curt

1 month ago

Of course I was there. 🙂 The volunteers had even hired a local bush devil to make an appearance. As in the title of my book, “The Bush Devil Ate Sam.”
The coyote apparently likes you Cindy. It’s probably your New Age hippie persona. 🙂 You should check out some of the Native American lore surrounding the trickster.
I came on a coyote once when I was hiking along the American River. It ducked behind a bush. So I ducked behind a bush. He came out. I came out and back behind the bush he went. We kept that up a few times. Then he sat down in the middle of the trail and started howling. So I sat down in the middle of the trail and howled back at hime. We had quite a conversation… 🙂 –Curt

Rochdalestu
Rochdalestu
1 month ago

If there were no countries, what nationality would we be?

Kumar Harsh
1 month ago

This was so wonderful Cindy and much needed. Hate will be the end of humanity. If we unite as a single species, it’s miraculous what we can achieve. 😍😇

trackback

[…] If there was No Color, what Color would we be? […]

MirrorGirl

Beautiful piece, thanks for sharing this. Heartfelt 💙

Introverted Thoughts
1 month ago

Aw this is poignant and conveys a profound message! “Would the bullying stop, if our colors were one and our preferences honored?”
It’s saddening to see how many walls people erect on basis of race, gender or religion. Thank you very much for sharing! ❤️

Introverted Thoughts

🤗💕

Aparna

Very well written 👌👌👌

Lebogang Shazzygal Malatji
1 month ago

This is a beautiful piece
Couldn’t have said it better
We are all human no matter the colour

thereluctantpoet
1 month ago

Reblogged this on The Reluctant Poet.

kegarland
1 month ago

This video is hopeful. Every year, I show a 3-part series called Race: The Power of an Illusion, which does lecture about how race is a social construct and why it was created in the first place. I love the idea of the video, and I also hope we remember to dismantle the systems we’ve built around the idea <3

kegarland
1 month ago

Oh, I haven’t posted any videos. They can be found on demand maybe?

Dishita
1 month ago

I love this piece more than I can explain Cindy! And more than it, I appreciate your thought of us as invisible ink which might fade away, had ‘colour’ never existed. We definitely are as unimportant ( amid the cosmos ) as we are ( amid the crowd ) simultaneously.
And at the same time, colours make us who we are, different yet unique! How adorable is this write up of colours and no colours! ❤️

1 month ago

Honestly, don’t be an asshole is the best motto to have in life. And you’re not unrealistic- you’re an optimist. I think it’s wonderful that you’re still able to be so optimistic, not everyone is able to do that and it’s really a gift.

1 month ago

My pleasure- thanks for the wonderful post!

Thoughts to ponder.

Couldn’t agree more

mamabpray
1 month ago

Wow this was powerful. Thank you for sharing.
Stay Safe&Smart

San
San

This is great!💙

1 month ago

I love your optimistic attitude toward life, Cindy! What? Mothers and daughters not seeing eye to eye? Well, I never! (That’s a big fat lie if you didn’t catch my sarcasm. 😀) I am always amazed to see so much heart in your posts. 💕🌞💕

Mmmmmwah! 🌞

indianeskitchen
1 month ago

Your posts are so inspirational!

Carax&VanNuys

Thank you for this, Cindy! 😻

VVN

Chameli B

This post really made me think! Great work 🙂

Chameli B
1 month ago

My pleasure, I hope you’re enjoying my blog too!

Chameli B

It doesn’t show me that you’re following, and no, Thank YOU! 🙂

Chameli B
1 month ago

Thanks for bringing that to my attention, take care 🙂

Chameli B
1 month ago

Oh, I have no idea why it says that, here’s the link: https://chamelistext.wordpress.com/ It’s okay if you’re unable to follow me ❤ Take care!

roughwighting
1 month ago

Absolutely beautiful reflection/questions/poetic thoughts. I think I’d be blue, but different shades of blue depending on the day/the mood/the sun, etc. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if we all – the entire human race – came in different colors of the rainbow? Then prejudice would no longer survive. We’re not naïve. Perhaps we’re dreamers, but that’s how change is made.

roughwighting

Loved my visit! <3

Change Therapy
1 month ago

Hi Cindy – I have been sitting here reading this amazing post for around an hour. Your daughter is not the only person proud of you either judging by all the comments. Best wishes

my valiant soul