a jab to the left
hope for better days ahead
a shot in the dark
It’s not like me to be tongue-tied as you probably know by now. I haven’t had the inspiration or energy to write. Some of it is very likely due to the fact that I’m generally the caretaker in my life, my career and here on the page and I’m comfortable in that role, not vice versa. It brings up the fact that I’m not invincible as much as I like to pretend otherwise, and my mortality I suppose. It is my job to be an example of health and vitality. I very rarely get sick, although I am often in the 1% of things going right or wrong.
I want to warn you this is long so please read what is of interest and what isn’t or scroll to the bottom for some bullet points.
I fall in 1% of the population that got pregnancy-induced asthma and I NEVER had any breathing issues before that. My mother smoked all of my years growing up and didn’t quit until she was 60, so I was a product of 2nd hand smoke which no doubt contributed to the late-onset.
My first birth was the toughest and I had to stop teaching because I could barely breathe. I was terrified to take any drugs, have acupuncture, or chiropractic treatment for fear that it could hurt my baby which is ludicrous when I look back on it; but I was a young protective mother at the time. One night when I was 7 months pregnant, I could hardly walk or breathe. I sat frozen outside waiting for my husband to come home, forcing tears back because it made my breathing worse. Here I was just 3 months before teaching 4 high/low impact classes a day, training staff, etc at my aerobic studio, so to find myself barely being able to walk, let alone teach, was unfathomable to me. I even named my daughter Renee, which meant rebirth because I was so terrified she wasn’t getting the oxygen she needed. I wore healing crystals, prayed a lot, and said affirmations over and over in my head.
The next day I went and had an acupuncture treatment. The day after that, a homeopathic visit and the third day a chiropractic appointment and within a week I was 95% better. It was like a miracle for me. Never mind I had no clue what helped, I was better and that’s all that mattered. For the record, I don’t recommend doing more than one modality at a time for this exact reason…. you never know what truly helped. I can’t tell you how relieved I was to see her when she came out breathing perfectly.
Birth was the ultimate cure of this condition for all 4 pregnancies. With my subsequent 3 births, I got on top of my game quicker with alternative treatments so my symptoms were nominal. I of all people, understand what it’s like to be in the 1 % category which is 100% if you’re the 1. I have had 4-5 subsequent severe asthma attacks after all of my pregnancies. One when I’ve was hiking in Mexico, another when I was running the beach in Hawaii and my friends rushed me to the hospital before we boarded the plane and an EpiPen was prescribed in case I needed it on the plane. Those are amazing friends as I tried to talk them out of it! It’s been some time since I’ve had one but I truly need to remember this because it could be life-threatening.
I attribute not getting sick to keeping my immune system strong with exercise, a healthy diet and also working up close and personal with clients in my practice. Like I mentioned homeopathic meds, acupuncture, chiropractic, craniosacral therapy, bodywork, meditation, yoga, Tai Chi and music are my meds and I feel fully armored as I begin each day. I don’t take medications or get vaccines except for tetnus. My doctor used to argue with me about why I needed to get the flu shot etc, but my stats speak for themselves, and every year, he is blown away by my cholesterol, triglyceride levels, and low heart rate and gives me a pass and his blessings. He makes a joke with staff that if I request medications, to “fill her prescription right away” since I never ask for them.
With Covid, I had little question of whether I was going to get the vaccine or not. I read the data consulted with professionals I trust and 98% were in agreement that the vaccine was the only way we would get to herd immunity and stop the death rate. And all numbers show a decrease in numbers since last year at this time with the vaccinated here in California. Dana Ullman, a homeopathic doctor that I know personally and professionally who just wrote a compelling article for The Childrens Health Defense, emphasizing the dangers in taking fever-reducing drugs with Covid or any viral infections for that matter. For me, even being the 1% with breathing problems, I knew I was better off avoiding Covid and get the vaccine even though I felt strongly, I could stave it off if I did happen to get it.
More importantly I, like you have seen too many friends lose family members and their loved ones to this devastating robber of the lungs and suffer immensely. We have lost some of our W.P. friends too soon in India and other parts of the world as well. Every minute there’s a new story of grief, pain, sorrow and loss. We recently lost our Dear Astha to Covid at 20 years old and it’s heartbreaking. She was in the process of creating an Anthology book on love before her passing and our friend Navin from Navin’s Poetry is kindly taking over the job of seeing it through. I am delighted to be included in this book of poems and honor our dear friend. There isn’t a day that goes by that I am not praying, sending energy and light and love for higher frequencies and healing so we can end Covid.
So, no matter what my philosophy or concerns are, my family, friends, clients and our world is important to me and I feel a moral obligation and code of ethics that I need to follow in my life and my profession demands it. Too many business’s have gone belly up and are struggling and suffering as well and I’m happy to see businesses as well as my own, start building back up to full capacity.
1. After 6 months the vaccine is still 93% effective.
2. If someone has had Covid, 1 shot of vaccine reduces their risk of getting it a second time by 94%. This proves herd immunity could take years without the vaccine.
3. Studies show that woman are much more likely to get adverse affects with vaccines for decades.
So last Friday at 1:00 p.m. I got my 2nd vaccine and everything was well organized and smooth sailing. I even got some shopping and errands done, ate lunch, and was having a fun Friday. I chose my left arm because my right shoulder gives me trouble sometimes and even though I eat left-handed, I am pretty much ambidextrous. Trust me, there is no political jab intended here, even if it appears that way. If you want that you can listen to any news station or posts from our other friends on W.P. I will just say it’s an interesting divide of vaccine percentages with the red and the blue and a-shame we have turned this into politics as well.
Around 5;00 p.m. I started getting the chills, a fever, headache, achy and pretty much crawled into bed but I couldn’t sleep as the symptoms got worse and I found myself tossing and turning trying to get comfortable but barely slept a wink. The next day was more of the same only I got a splitting headache and I was achy all over. My fever broke and my mom’s visit making me chicken vegetable soup for my soul and body was so healing in only the way moms can do. I continued to slowly improve every day and was ready to work Monday but could only see one client and developed stomach pain, a runny knows, my breathing was off and my heart rate elevated. In general, I was exhausted and couldn’t be up for very long. The bad news is it’s no fun to feel sick. The good news is the shot is working. Today, I’m back in my writing seat and off to see my first client and feeling better than yesterday but had to cancel my No Guts No Glory bootcamp class because this Glory girl didn’t have the guts or muscle strength to teach, let alone bark orders.
The things I have done been doing I think are helpful to use in reducing vaccination side-effects are the following:
- Staying Hydrated: Water, tea, jello, fruits that have lots of water content like watermelon, melons, oranges (vit C) and veggies such as cucumbers, celery, lemons, grapes,
- Thymuline Homeopathic: It is a remedy that helps the body create more T- cells in the body that help the body fight viral infection. The thymus gland is an important part of our immune system. It sits right below your thyroid gland and above your heart. Thymuline is a hormone from the thymus gland and this is a homeopathic dose of it. You simply put 3 pellets under the tongue once a week in wintertime. When symptoms occur place 3-4 pellets under the tongue 3-4 times a day.
- Gelsemium 30 Homeopathic: Helps the achiness and lethargy. Take 3-4 xs a day. The nice thing about homeopathic medicine is there are no side effects. Either they work or they don’t.
- Zinc: Refer to bottle for dosage
- Vitamin C
- Vitamine D
- Sleeping: when I can
- Stopping Workouts: ( it wasn’t even a question for me)
- Turning off the news and screens: and listen to meditation tapes or music, and watch movies. I never have time for movies but have been loving the series, The Imposters, however it started out with a bang and the 2nd season is starting to fizzle
- Taking an Epsom salt bath: and add lavender, peppermint, juniper and lemon pure essential oils in my bath for relaxation and pain relief. Also rub a drop of peppermint oil on your temples for headache relief
- Breathe: long slow breaths counting to 6-8 and slowly breathe out
- Gently tapping my Thymus glad: to stimulate more white blood count to help fight infection
- Fresh air and sun
- Prayer, affirmations and visualizations
- Light Stretching: if you’re up for it and/or Qui Gong
- You are never too old for your mother’s TLC❣️🙏
Wow, I guess I wasn’t as tongue-tied as I thought I was when I started writing. I truly didn’t want to make this into another Covid 19 post that we have all grown tired of but there was something driving me. I think realizing my own mortality is an eye-opener, watching my parents pilgrim on no matter what their ailments another, and the fact just because we are doing well here in my neck of the woods in California, we must remember our friends in the other parts of the world that are suffering so much and pause to be grateful for every moment and every breath. They won’t last forever.
Let’s not forget that while we have learned a lot, we don’t know everything and what the long-term ramifications will be with the new variances etc. What we do know is that through the dark times, we will always persevere and there is light at the end of the tunnel. We know our hearts rain red with the loss that we have endured and that red bursts beautiful roses to smell and fill our soul with love and light again. None of us will make it out of this world alive even if we survive Covid but we will stay strong. We are not invisible and we will listen to the messages our bodies give us and act prudently and swiftly to give it what it needs.
While this might feel like A Shot in The Dark….. It’s the only one we’ve got right now!
It is with love and blessings that I leave you as we journey together and stand strong for each other. Thank you so much for your time and reading. Please share your light and take a minute to like ( if you do of course), let me know your thoughts and share if you are inclined. Below are the latest numbers in case you want a quick update and reliable sources.
Copyright © Cindy Georgakas
All Rights Reserved
NSAID’s (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory) and aspirin are not treatments for COVID and never have been. It is recommended that neither be taken for two weeks prior to vaccination. (the same is true regarding surgery).
The vaccine does not prevent all COVID deaths, but drastically reduces the chance of death by 97%. At this point over a billion doses have been administered and the deaths from covid have dropped dramatically and are continuing to drop as more people get vaccinated. 600,000 Americans have died and over three million worldwide have died from COVID. Covid is much more dangerous than the vaccine. No drug is without risk, but you have a greater chance of dying from the flu than from the vaccine and as drugs go, it is proving to be exceptionally safe.
There have been a handful of deaths from the Johnson and Johnson vaccine so avoid that one. There is a lot of bullshit being circulated on the internet about vaccines. Avoid all of it.
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, April 28, Fully Vaccinated Adults 65 and Older Are 94% Less Likely to Be Hospitalized with COVID-19
- USA TODAY, April 18, A cautionary tale: COVID-19 infection after vaccination is rare, but breakthroughs can happen. It happened to this man.
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, accessed April 29, COVID-19 Breakthrough Case Investigations and Reporting
- Lisa Miller, April 29, phone interview
- Kristin Nelson, April 29, phone interview
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, accessed April 30, Trends in Number of COVID-19 Cases and Deaths in the US Reported to CDC, by State/Territory
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, accessed April 30, COVID-19 Vaccinations in the United States
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, April 16, Older Adults
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Feb. 18, Risk for COVID-19 Infection, Hospitalization, and Death by Age Group
- Tara Kirk Sell, April 27, phone interview
- USA TODAY, April 30, 100M Americans have received two doses or one J&J shot; US to restrict flights from India: Live COVID-19 updates
People with immune system disorders or diseases have a legitimate reason to avoid the vaccine, so long as they understand that they are then at much higher risk of COVID infection, severe complications and death from COVID, which is not a good spot to be in.