person in blue denim jeans standing on brown soil

My heart bleeds buckets
as I continue to walk the mountains and think of you
I carry 2 buckets  up the hill… 1 for me  and 1 for you

I stop to do what I can
some ready for the offering
others lost or there for the taking

I continue to walk
wishing I could do more
but more is never enough

I carry your blood and then more of mine
I pass a wishing well and throw a penny and a blessing
My longing never stops

While I may appear stoic
it’s true ….
If I stop I would be devoid of life…. so I walk

I pause to for a glimmer of hope but move on to
who might need a hand.
Love is sometimes walking away even when your blood bleeds black

Copyright © Cindy Georgakas

I wrote this poem as I was walking up the mountain the other day and thinking about my brother who has lived with schizoid affective disorder for most of his life and is in a psychotic state as I write this. He left his facility and took to the streets last year when Covid started and 4 months later he was able to find housing in a board and care facility with others that suffer from mental illness. He left his next one again on the 4th of July. My heart aches for him and my mother and his adult children; 2 of which have mental health issues as well. One of my nephews is 34 and has lived in a facility for 12 -14 years. My other nephew, 32, lives on the street in Southern California with his mother. Luckily my niece who is the youngest has broken away (kudos to you ) and is working and going to school and left the area but suffers from PTSD.

It is truly heartbreaking to witness and see someone you love live this nightmare and to feel so helpless. I have learned over the years that my own mental health suffers when I get over involved. I have also learned to love from a distance with boundaries which constantly pulls at my heartstrings but is necessary for my well being.

It is particularly difficult being in my field where I help people discover their truths and inner wisdom so I feel particularly helpless. My heart goes out to any of you that suffer from this horrific illness personally or have family members that do. I truly get it and my heart bleeds with yours. Take good care of you, do what you can and know your limits❣️

woman doing hand heart sign
Photo by Hassan OUAJBIR on Pexels.com

Thanks so much for visiting today. The world needs us to take such good care of ourselves that we might be a beacon of hope for others. Loving without judgement or attachment is one of the greatest challenges.

Blessings of love to you and all of those you love and a special prayer of protection for my brother.

Thanks from the bottom of my heart,

💖🙏

Copyright © 2021 Cindy Georgakas

4.8 4 votes

ANKITA

You are so creative I appreciate it 👍😉

Jan Sirkin
Jan Sirkin

Sending you hugs and love Cindy ❤️❤️❤️

samsahana

This is such an intense poem! I am very sorry for the state your brother is in. Sending him prayers. I hope it gets better for him and all of you. 🙏🙏🤍

samsahana

🙏🙏

💜 Jack and Jill
Went Up The Hill
To Have a Little Wild
But Silly Jill
Forgot The Pill
And NOW!!!
They Have a Child

…💛💚💙…

💜 Did YOU!!! Just Say BLACK!!! SupaSoulSis 🤔 ? How to be Racist without a KNEE!!! Methinks; yet y’all KNOW!!! this nigga is just messin’ with your Snowflake, Lynching, White Supremacist, Racially Charged Minds 😂🤣😅😆😁😄😃😀🙂

…💛💚💙…

💜 I KNOW!!! SupaSoulSis; as a cheeky, uppity nig nog, nigga, golliwog, kaffir, nigger darkie et al YOU!!! KNOW!!! I AM Just Yanking YOUR!!! Chain for Fun-Yay… because YOU!!! ARE Amongst The Furthest from White Supremacist Racism that I KNOW!!! though the Nazi Flag with Swastika is “Red”, White (“Light”) and Black (“Dark”) Colours and Hitler permitted Jesse Owen to compete at the Munich Olympics where He Blew AWAY!!! His Aryan Competitors, it’s The Jews that suffered most under Hitler; hmmm 🤔 ? and The Dead may have Left a Body Behind yet They ARE Still HERE!!!

…💛💚💙…

Suma Reddy

Oh, it’s too hard to hear that my dear Cindy. My clotted blood has started streaming thru my eyes to read this poem n this post of heartfelt deep feelings fallen from a kind heart. I can emphasize very much as I too have a sister resting in the heaven who had lived such hell of life since her 5th year of birth until her last breath. My prayers for them and all those are suffering with such difficulties in the world. Dear God touch them, bless them all n heal their pain right away, your name will be glorified. In the name of Lord my God. Amen. 🙏❤

Bloody brilliant, beautiful and poignant.

Fidèle

Love the way you write! Great post 👍

Fidèle

🧡✨

Artist/Poet_JayMoraShihadeh

this is a beautifully written poem about a very sad situation, it is so challenging to be in these situations, bless you and your loving heart cindy, the poem expresses pain but empathy and love exudes from you, be well. 🙂

Holly Hunter

Sending much love and wishes for happiness though I know it can be hard to find. ❤️

You have a beautiful heart, Cindy, clearly reflected through your poetry in words of caring, love and compassion for those burdened with such deep suffering. Thank you & God bless, my friend 🙏💖

Beautiful poem, Cindy. My heart goes out to you, your brother, nephews, and loved ones that are being affected by this. Hang in there. Much love to you all.❤️

You’re very welcome, Cindy. Your reply truly touched me. Much love to you , dear friend.💕

You too.💕🙏💕❤️

Adesewa

That was so emotional 🥺 it’s a great post 👍

joycemaryj

Poignant and beautifully written. You are a beautiful person inside and out. Take care of yourself.

ibukun sodipe

Sending you love. ❤❤❤

Bharath Upendra

I don’t know what to say, both the poem and the story behind it are emotional and fragile. I don’t believe in prayers but I wish everything goes well and gets better.

Bharath Upendra

Anytime 🙂

Filarance

Wonderful poem dear Cinderella..! So sad to hear this..! My all prayers to your brother and to your family dear..! Take care..! Have a blessed day..!🤗🤗

Filarance

It’s absolutely my pleasure my dear Cinderella..! You’re very welcome…! xoxo💕💖

Filarance

My pleasure Cinderella..!💃

Deep poem. And I understand what you feel. It feels sad when you can’t really do anything. I hope the situation turnd over. Send lots of love auntie❤

Shweta Suresh

Such a heartbreaking poem, Cindy. Very heartfelt words. I’m sorry to hear about your brother and his children. Kudos to your niece indeed!

Shweta Suresh

Yes. Take care, Cindy

This poetry hits me hard dear Cindy.
A poignant 💔 write with feelings filled with love and care. I can imagine the pain you are going through. Hang in there dear, you are a strong woman. Sending love and prayers.

Eromonsele Emmanuel

Thanks for all the love you share on your blog Cindy!!!

Aditi Anvita

The poem imparts intense feelings. Love this a lot…as amazing as most of your poems!❤

francisashis

It’s really very sad but you have to bravely face such occurrence as you cannot stop it though you wish it from the bottom of your heart.Take care.🙏

francisashis

My pleasure.🌹😊🙏

francisashis

Amen.🙏

Aisha
Aisha

This is so beautiful…

Aisha
Aisha

You’re most welcome. I pray your brother gets cured soon

Nawazish

Heartbreaking poem Cindy!

HappySoul

It’s such a poignant write up … sending lots of hugs your way Cindy. Through your words I feel what you are going through..
sending lots of prayers 🙏

HappySoul

🙏🙏❤️

So sorry to hear how your brother is suffering and how his family has suffered. But you’re right you can only do so much and need to take care of yourself. Please do! ❤️

MeRaw

Thinking of you and your family.
Sending much love and hugs.

MeRaw

My pleasure.
x 💖 x

Cindy, best wishes my friend. Your poem is heartfelt, but the story beneath is heart absorbing. We are care takers to a relative who has challenges, but is managing pretty well and lives close by. Yet, some of the conversations around the “sticking thinking” as the therapist paints it, is illuminating. I wish you the very best to be strong and wise, knowing when to push the accelerator, when to coast and when to apply the brakes in he relationships. Take care, Keith

Reply to  Keith

PS – that should say “stinking thinking.”

Wow, Cindy. That’s so incredibly hard. Sending love to you and yours…

Don't Lose Hope

It IS heartbreaking, and you feel so helpless.

Deb
Deb

Dear Cindy, I feel sorry, so truely sorry to hear about your brother and his families suffering. Life can appear truely harsh to some at times. If my wishes can change anything they are all with them right now.

Your viewpoint seems correct too. Beyond what you can do, you have to live for yourself also, and for all others that are attached to you too. Life can pause momentarily but cannot stop.

Your poem is poignant and truely beautiful, but I think the message of this post is beyond the poem.

Take care 💖

Notes

Blessings to all.
Guessing your path helping others is also your personal means of processing what is happening closer to home.
This year has not been kind to many.

vaniheart

This is so heartbreaking to even think out and here you are witnessing it 😐😐😐 and you have expressed the emotions through the poem so well

Vinay Nagaraju

Such a deep post Cindy – I hear you – it is very difficult to be in that state of helplessness and to also distance yourself from it. Takes a lot of courage and love to let things unfold for themeselves and step away.

Veronica

This is heartbreaking and beautiful all at the same time <3. It's good that you have created boundaries. I can totally appreciate how it would pull at you. But it's necessary. You cannot risk compromising your mental health. No one can. I admire you for exercising that kind of strength, love, and openness. It's refreshing and there needs to be more of that in the world. Sending lots of prayers your way as you continue your journey and extra prayers for your brother and family <3. May you continue to stay strong, loving, open, and be a bright light 🙂

Veronica

Indeed! This is why I love the blogging community. The positive chain reaction 💖 Happy that we made the connection on David’s sight 😊🌸

Veronica

Thank you! You as well 🙂 <3

da-AL
Reply to  Veronica

I agree, Veronica – tx, Cindy, for sharing with us <3

ℹ Approximately About 3 Minutes Reading ℹ

ON SEEING CLEARLY IN TO OUR MINDS AND OUR CHANNELLED ENERGY DIRECTIVES AND DIRECTION

◇ – Diamond Hard – ◇

It’s Crystal Clear Clarity Communication Conduits Between Our Conscious and SubConscious Get Muddied by Conditioned UpBringing; ergo, Our SubConscious (95% Manifestation) and Our Conscious (5% Manifestation) Communication is Muddied by Our Conditioned UpBringing…if We Abandon Denial thereby CHOOSING!!! AAAAOMMHI (Admitting, Acknowledging And Addressing Our Multiple Mental Health Issues) Amazing THINGS!!! Happen EveryOne; the Problem is THE STIGMA!!! Associated with Mental Health Ailments, The Solution is AAAAOMMHI

◇ – Diamond Hard – ◇

…◇◇◇…

ℹ Approximately About 2 Minutes Reading ℹ

ON EXPECTATIONS AND SEVERELY STRESSED OUT

◇ – Diamond Hard – ◇

◇ UnReasonable Expectations ARE a Guarantee for DISAPPOINTMENT!!! and SEVERE STRESS!!! EveryOne; so Discuss if YOU!!! Dare EveryOne as Ever NoOne WILL!!! Ever Crawl Out of Their Comfort Zone and Say What They Really Desire To Say 🎃🎄🎆🧨🎈🎉🎊🎋🎍🎎🎁🎀🎗⚽️⚾️🏈🎾🎳🏏🥅🥋🥊⛸🧸

◇ – Diamond Hard – ◇

…◇◇◇…

ON RAPISTS AND THERAPY

💜 The Common MisConception is that Rape Only Applies to Girls Being Forced to Have Sex (which Applies to Boys Being Forced to Have Sex Too); yet there ARE Rapes of The Head and Heart Too EveryOne…without trivialising Sexual Assault and NONE CONSENSUAL, PENAL, PENIS, PENETRATIVE INVASIVENESS, Gay, Girl on Girl Sexual Violence or Older Ladies Sexually ABUSING!!! Younger Boys, a Psychological RAPE!!! is Far More Damaging and Dangerous than a Physical RAPE!!! EveryOne…as a Physically and Psychologically Abused Survivor I AM Qualified to State this; unlike The UnExperienced ‘Experts’ who Quote Word and Verse from Books, Tomes, Videos, Online Mental Health Garbage like This and Other Verbal Diarrhoea…it’s Crystal Clear Clarity that The-Rapist is One of The Many Therapists EveryOne; most mean well but SomeTimes NEED!!! Therapy ThemSelves, SomeTimes…so Be Careful who YOU!!! Trust and Tell YOUR!!! Truth To; because NOT!!! EveryOne who Smiles at YOU!!! is YOUR!!! Friend

…💛💚💙…

ℹ Approximately About 3 Minutes Reading ℹ

ON PRIORITY AND IMPORTANCE

◇ – Diamond Hard – ◇

◇ The Most Important Person in My 3DLife is Me EveryOne; it sounds SELFISH!!! because it is Self-Ish, Self Love that Flows On To Others..it’s Crystal Clear Clarity that My Experience is My Own and I Set My Priorities by Deciding what’s IMPORTANT!!! To Me; if My InterActions with Others ARE UpSetting My CHOSEN!!! Soul Experience then I Have Options to CHOOSE!!! From…so, I Was Born, Toddled, ChildLike, TeenAged then Adult with ALL The Various Personalities in My 3DLife Age and Phases along The Way Being NOW!!! a KiDult having Returned to The Purity of My ChildLike State; ergo, My Options ARE Walk Away from Others, Accept Being Walked Away From by Others or Work on Resolution of Conflict with Others without Banging Our Collective Heads Against Brick Walls by AAAAOMMHI (Admitting, Acknowledging And Addressing Our Multiple Mental Health Issues) from Our Conditioned UpBringing

◇ – Diamond Hard – ◇

…◇◇◇…

ON RAPISTS AND THERAPY

💜 The Common MisConception is that Rape Only Applies to Girls Being Forced to Have Sex (which Applies to Boys Being Forced to Have Sex Too); yet there ARE Rapes of The Head and Heart Too EveryOne…without trivialising Sexual Assault and NONE CONSENSUAL, PENAL, PENIS, PENETRATIVE INVASIVENESS, Gay, Girl on Girl Sexual Violence or Older Ladies Sexually ABUSING!!! Younger Boys, a Psychological RAPE!!! is Far More Damaging and Dangerous than a Physical RAPE!!! EveryOne…as a Physically and Psychologically Abused Survivor I AM Qualified to State this; unlike The UnExperienced ‘Experts’ who Quote Word and Verse from Books, Tomes, Videos, Online Mental Health Garbage like This and Other Verbal Diarrhoea…it’s Crystal Clear Clarity that The-Rapist is One of The Many Therapists EveryOne; most Mental Health ‘Experts’ mean well but SomeTimes NEED!!! Therapy ThemSelves, SomeTimes…so Be Careful who YOU!!! Trust and Tell YOUR!!! Truth To; because NOT!!! EveryOne who Smiles at YOU!!! is YOUR!!! Friend…the ability to Tear Souls Apart and Rip Minds to Shreds is NOT!!! To Be Taken Lightly EveryOne; please remember that with “Great Power comes Great Responsibility” ~ ‘Spidey Franchise…it’s Crystal Clear Clarity that The Primary 5DDirective is NO PERSONAL GAIN!!! and Only Harm if it WILL!!! Help then Hold Their Healing Space until They ARE Ready to Step Back In To Their Healing Space instead of BLAMING YOU!!! for Helping Them; the More Powerful YOU!!! Get, the More Humble YOU!!! Must Become or ELSE!!! Suffer The Consequences

…💛💚💙…

ON HAIKU

♧ – Clubbing – Painful – Clubbing

WithOut Pain
There is NO!!! Gain
Sunshine and Rain

nisi mortuus nec neque nolite vicit 🤭🤫🤐

…Clubbing – ♧♧♧ – Clubbing…

ON HAIKU

◇ Parenting

If I Think I is Mad
It’s because of
My Mom and Dad

…◇◇◇…

💜 If; a Poem By Rudyard Kipling Being Paraphrased For Gender Neutrality

‘If you can keep your head when all about you, Are losing theirs and blaming it on you

If you can trust yourself when all people doubt you, But make allowance for their doubting too

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting, Or being lied about; don’t deal in lies

Or being hated; don’t give way to hating, And yet don’t look too good; nor talk too wise

If you can dream and not make dreams your master, If you can think and not make thoughts your aim

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster, And treat those two impostors just the same

If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken, Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools

Or watch the things you gave your life to broken, And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools

If you can make one heap of all your winnings, And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss

And lose and start again at your beginnings, And never breathe a word about your loss

If you can encourage your heart and nerve and sinew, To serve your turn long after they are gone

And so hold on when there is nothing in you, Except the Will which says to them “Hold On!”

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue, Or walk with Monarchs nor lose the common touch

If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you, If all folk count with you but none too much

If you can fill the unforgiving minute, With sixty seconds worth of distance run

Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it , And which is more you’ll be Evolved, My Child’

…💛💚💙…

ℹ Approximatel
y nisi mortuus nec neque nolite vicit 🤭🤫🤐
About 1 Minute

ON CRAZY, CONFUSED, CRASS LADIES; WHICH IS BASICALLY WITCH!!! IS WHY I AM SINGLE AND IN NO GREAT HURRY TO PARTNER UP

♤ Girls Claim To Be Expert Communicators, Soft Skills; yet, ironically, Girls ARE The First to Say “NEVER EVER COMMUNICATE WITH ME AGAIN; THERE’S NOTHING DESIRABLE ABOUT YOU!!! AND, NO, I AM NOT!!! FUCKING ANGRY, I AM FINE, NOW FUCK OFF!!!!” then Girls Stalk, Silently and SHEEPISHLY!!! and To Be Fair Boys Do The Same Too…the REASON!!! is Simple yet Complex; a Lack of AAAAOMMHI (Admitting, Acknowledging And Addressing Our Multiple Mental Health Issues) due to The Associated STIGMA!!! around Mental Illness and Being Mentally Ill, Invisible DisAbilities that Have Angry, Raging Folk in Denial about Their NOT!!! AAAAOMMHI YELLING!!! “YOU!!! ARE NOT IN A WHEELCHAIR, YOU!!! ARE GOOD LOOKING AND INTELLIGENT, YOU!!! ARE NOT!!! DISABLED; followed by [muttering under the breath] neither am I.” then Skulking Off in to Depression and Sulking until The Next High then Fury Episode Being Manic because The Manic Cycle Ends Only When We Break The Manic Cycle with AAAAOMMHI which (WITCH!!!) is Very, Very, Very Scary
…♤♤♤…s Reading ℹ

ON SUCCESS CLASS 101 AND RAINBOWS

◇ – Diamond Hard – ◇

♡ Only YOU!!! Decide what Successful Means to YOU!!!
♤ How YOU!!! Succeed is Entirely Up to YOU!!!
♧ Clubbing – If Others Belittle YOUR!!! Successes YOU!!! ARE PERFECTLY ENTITLED!!! and Welcome to Tell THEM!!! to VERY KINDLY FUCK OFF!!! – Clubbing

◇ – Diamond Hard – ◇

♤ Wordy Expression

Words said cannot be unsaid
Words heard cannot be unheard
Words read cannot be unread

…♤♤♤…

ON RESTING, RECOVERY, REFRESHING, RESETTING, RELEARNING AND RENEWING

♡ If We SEEK!!! Solutions rather than FOCUSSING!!! On Illusory PROBLEMS!!! Amazing Things Happen; it’s OK To Rest, actually it’s ESSENTIAL!!! to Rest EveryOne, that’s The Only Way We Heal by Admitting  Acknowledging and Addressing Our MMHI (Multiple Mental Health Issues) thereby Remaining Happily IMMORTAL!!!

…♡♡♡…

ON HAIKU

💜 Hunger and Thirst

I AM Human
Yet NOT!!! Humane
My Atrocities ARE So Many To Name

… 💛💚💙…

ON SELF LOVE

◇ – Diamond Hard – ◇

◇ “I AM Me; if YOU!!! Don’t Like Me then YOU!!! ARE Very Welcome to KINDLY FUCK OFF!!!” ~ Anon, http://www.ericberne.com

◇ – Diamond Hard – ◇

…◇◇◇…

Marts

a most difficult situation for you I can feel it in your words, I hope you brother and nephews can get the help that they need…

Sol Lowe

Great read

That is a beautiful poem Cindy. Mental illness in various forms is a lot more common than people realize. Society has failed. I wish the best to all who struggle with it and their families and friends.

carolinestreetblog

I feel it! Such sadness and frustration poured out here. 😢❤️

Cindy, I know so well how it feels to look on helplessly while someone you love self destructs. It means a lot to me that you have shared your experiences and this beautiful heartfelt poem. The imagery is very powerful. When you talk about not allowing yourself to be destroyed, I think about what my sister says, “I will swim beside you, but I won’t let you pull me down.” All the best, Cindy! <3

Oh, Cindy, I love this post, my dear friend. A beautiful and raw poem, and piece. Sending you much love. ❤️❤️❤️

Prakaash inspiration

That Great Cindy. I must appreciate your efforts for near and dear ones and the overall society. As a doctor, I encounter many such patients, friends, and relatives in my personal and professional life. One needs lots of patience and good counseling skills to patients and especially for his relatives to handle such situations and circumstances of life.Off course spiritual teaching , yoga ,pranayama etc are of great help.Ok Good bye and have a nice day.💐💐💐💐💐🙏 Namaskar

Gospelroad#66
Gospelroad#66

Beautiful poem and hearing the story behind it made my eyes teary! I have seen the devastating effects of mental health and so grateful for those such as yourself who have such empathy and compassion. Your poetry is beautiful and inspiring and I will be praying for you and family! God bless

cypher

hope you read this☺
Feel free to follow the blog

cypher