Reeling like a top

Stop
Breathe
Trust
Love
Relax
Amen

Juggling lots of balls right now, with lots on my plate. Anyone know the feeling? I’m really trying to keep to a schedule which is challenging with a full plate. As much as I LOVE blogging, I may have to limit my time here. Does anyone have a good reading schedule? It is my goal to see and read all of you who I care so deeply for everyday but I just don’t know if I can sustain that. I would love to hear if anyone has successfully figured that out where it doesn’t exceed 2 hours a day. Perhaps I have to schedule out days of the week to visit some people at a time but I like to stay current. All ideas are welcome and appreciated.

Maybe I’m being unrealistic as I know those with a huge following don’t/can’t worry too much about that and go weeks if not months without checking in and I get it. Others seem to take time to like and try to round up new followers by those tactics and never check in with their followers which doesn’t interest me. When time permits I love to check out new sites and support new bloggers and reciprocate. There are so many great writers and I look forward to meeting more as time permits. I also LOVE the contests and groups a lot of you participate in and would love to be part of that inner circle but I just can’t take on more even though some of you have been very kind to invite me. Thank you for that. I don’t know how you do all of that.

If anyone wants to do a blogging post on this …. David? , Pooja, or Shelly.…No Pressure of course but I’d love it and I think others would too❣️
There are others that could as well but these guys come to mind because they are truly amazing at reciprocating, sharing, giving tips, giving support, and going the distance. It is commendable because it’s tough as your following grows. I KNOW!

By the way, If I’ve missed some of you or not responded I’m truly sorry. I try to go to spam and pending often but I know I still miss some of you. My apologies.

Thanks for stopping in and your thoughts.
Have a great day and remember to stop and smell the flowers and breath.
I’m off to my mat or is it Matt….. lol 🀣… Just kidding hon but I just had to laugh for a second. Happy almost anniversary…. Wow…. how have we done this?❣️❣️❣️Yes, a response would be nice. πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡

Smiles,

😊

Uniquely Fit | Facebook Instagram | YouTube

Copyright Β© 2021 Cindy Georgakas

ivor20

Hi Cindy… Yes breathe in deep … this blogging world is hectic … and sorry I’ve no secrete of how to do a reading schedule … haha … I just give it my my best shot … and that has to do … until I can invent a “Blogging Secretary” … Cheers πŸ™‚πŸŒ

ivor20

Yeah πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜€πŸ’• haha. Maybe there is a blogging secretary tree out there somewhere 🌳🌴🌲😍

ivor20

If find a forest 🌳 we’ll make a fortune 🌴😊🌏

Yumarlin Chetty

I’m quite new to this but I tend to read posts as soon as I get notifications. Then again I don’t have too many to read so that works for me

Yumarlin Chetty

Looking forward to it 😊

euniceaformanor

Nice piece. Life, a cycle full of surprises.

I like your yoga orientated post, so thank you.

Shweta Suresh

Taking a deep breath and sorting things out does uncomplicate certain things. Beautifully written, Cindy. I can’t suggest a way where you can catch up on the reading in less than 2 hours. I keep checking WordPress every now and then. And even then, I miss certain posts. It’s hard to read everything that shows up in your reader if you’re following a lot of people!

Shweta Suresh

Oh yes. The reader list sounds great. I’ve never tried it though. Do let me know how it goes πŸ˜€

The blogosphere conundrum. How to reel in the virtual monster that nips at your heals, and greedily tries to usurp more and more of your precious time. It all gets rather overwhelming as you have so well articulated in this post. With that said, I don’t feel I have any great insights to add other than the real and tangible people and things in your life are of the utmost importance, and the virtual lives in the blogoshere are of secondary importance, unless, of course, the virtual sphere is virtually your livelihood.

Not too long a comment at all. It’s so easy to relate to people in our blog community because we interact in little pieces and we generally show our good sides. We generally don’t have to put up with eachother’s crankiness or the other quirks our real and tangible family and friends have to deal with.

I’ve always been to weird to have quirks.

Miriam Hurdle

I know your feeling of having a full plate, Cindy. I used to spend a lot of time blogging, but the last few years, I try to balance my schedule with my exercise, family life, and writing.

Deb
Deb

This is a huge problem for me.

I have possibly kept my connections low out of fear of not being able to read the blogs I follow, and I try to follow only a blog I really want to read. Maybe not the right thing to do, maybe yes, but I cannot handle more and try to bite only as much as I can chew, and I chew very slowly πŸ˜‡

I will instead keep returning to the comments here to check the suggestions πŸ˜€

Notes

Breathe, breathe and breathe some more.
You will be led to what you need to see!

Nawazish

Take care Cindy!❀

Nawazish

Nah…you’ll find something out on your own with time!❀

Nawazish

You are smart

Nawazish

Nah…pillow fight sounds better🀣

Clive

If I tried to keep to a routine I’d fail miserably! I try to sift through my overnight comments and reply to those first, then go through the email notifications for posts I want to read. But there is no set pattern as to what time I read them: it just depends on how the day is going. I have a later round up to pick up new notifications, like I did with this post. That works for me, but I don’t have huge numbers to cope with, so I guess others have to be more organised to manage their time!

Breathing and taking time out for yourself is so important. I truly love this piece, Cindy. I would suggest to just take it one day at a time. Let your feelings guide you as far as reading and writing is concerned. Do it when you feel like it and have the time for it. Sure, you may miss a post here and there, but if your eyes are meant to see a post, they will. Your followers should know how dedicated you are by now. Doing too much can burn you out. Everything will fall into place, my friend. Take care.❀️

Dear Cindy, am going through the same right now.😭😭 I can’t even spend an hour in WP somedays. Sometimes I am busy and sometimes it’s a lot to catch up all the fellow bloggers post. I really really missed reading many amazing posts including yours this week. But I will suggest it’s okie if you can’t read every posts that shows up in your reader. When you have time click that blogsite to see if you have missed theirs in recent days. I normally do this if I feel I was missing some amazing read because of my busyness.. πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

At this point with all the followers I have, I am down to responding to those who comment on my posts. And even then, I don’t always get to read everything they have done. I try to check in from time to time and read a few at a time on their blogs, but I don’t get to read everything. There is no good way to keep up with everybody all the time. Just pace yourself and don’t feel guilty if you miss some from time to time. I do go through my reader feed from time to time and catch up with a few of the folks I have not seen in awhile.

That is because you are a sweet people pleaser and you don’t want to let anyone down. :>)

:>)

It is not a bad thing!

I am just happy when you get time to stop by. Thanks you!

Oh I know the feeling Cindy. I have to limit my reading time at the moment. Do you know you can make lists in WP reader? I made a β€˜catch up’ list and it’s helping a lot, so I never miss my favourites…and of course, you are on it 🀩

❀️

πŸ’œ This is My, what some call ‘Kundalini’ The Serpent In The Spine, and My Peripheral Perception of Orbs EveryOne; ergo:

“I Energise
My Energy Rising
I AM Energising”

“Orby, Orbys, Oi, Oi, Oi; Orbys, Oi, Orbys, Oi…Orby, Orbys, Oi, Oi, Oi!!!”

…that is ALL; very good, carry on…

…πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™…

πŸ’œ Thank YOU!!! SupaSoulSis; it’s Crystal Clear Clarity that I AM NOT!!! Sure ‘cos maybe it HURTS!!! like Giving Birth

…πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™…

πŸ’œ Of Course We ALL Understand SupaSoulSis; boundaries ARE The Key because YOU!!! won’t miss me, trust me to the extent that vibration resonates with me…a USE (Ultra Sensitive Empath) is USED!!! so it’s Critical To Set Boundaries; basically DO NOT!!! Deal with InAuthentics, Debate with Neutrals and Free Chat with Authentics

…πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™…

πŸ’œ Authentic Angel Wings ARE in Our Hips EveryOne; it’s Crystal Clear Clarity that Girls can cope with Loosened Pelvic Girdle but when a Boys Pelvic Girdle Energises it’s FUCKING!!! Painful and Crawling is The Go for a While

…πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™…

I never learned to juggle, but I know a few good card tricks πŸ˜‚ Yes, it can certainly seem overwhelming at times ~ like the character Newman (from Seinfeld) describes getting buried in the P.O. mail room (the more you send out, the more that comes in; then, the mail sorter breaks, and its Publisher’s Clearing House time…arghhh!!!) πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I’d set up a WP Reader List of a manageable scope, and go from there. And, of course stretching/fitness routines can be calming. I always liked the motto, “tired feet, quiet mind”. Have a nice day, dear Cindy πŸ€—πŸŒΉ

πŸ’œ Quality Over Quantity SupaSoulSis; it’s Crystal Clear Clarity that YOU!!! ARE NOT!!! Atlas

…πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™..

πŸ’œ No Question SupaSoulSis; it’s Crystal Clear Clarity He, Atlas, Has a Job To Do and it’s NOT!!! YOURS!!!

…πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™…

ThinkTalk

Hello my friend,
Love the post.
You echo what most, if not all, of us are experiencing. As you rightly stated, as your followers grow, one stretches thin trying to stay current with all. A few sites/blogs will be constants, while some will become intermittents. Even with the constants, sometimes, it’s hard to keep up the pace if they post daily or multiple daily.
When I miss a friend, I search them out and spend time on their sites catching up; reading, liking, and commenting. I do the same when I encounter new sites I love. Sometimes I’m only able to stay on one site a day. But nothing ti feel guilty about – I expect that we all understand and not take it personal.
My 2 cents πŸ₯°

nonsmokingladybug

I am a major ball juggler, ball dropper…aka woman πŸ™‚

vaniheart

Nice poem Cindy πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°
I just keep checking my readers feed after every two hours, and with every new hour maximum 7-8 new post get added and reading them must take 10 min something πŸ™‚πŸ˜€ so I just divide it that way

I resonate with Preeths….the most important thing is your well being….rest will follow….it’s ok if you don’t have time….I’m quite selective these days due to lack of time….it doesn’t mean, I don’t appreciate other’s writings….I read them when I get time….it’s ok, not to “hit the buzzer” the moment a notification pops up….pls take care πŸ’«β€οΈβœ¨

You’re welcome, dear Cindy….I also meant the inner buzzer….thank you for your wishes πŸ™β€οΈβœ¨

Pauline, creator and writer, The Healing of Life blog...

Yes indeed I know what it is to be ‘reeling’. You have the right answers… time out, breathe, nature etc. Ultimately we need to change the momentum, the too fast a pace for the slowed down version. Easier said that done in this information age, with bombardments of work and social media pinging every few seconds, but I think turning off the phone, having a curfew on work and physical activity and closing our eyes helps πŸ™‚

Beautifully written, happy anniversary πŸ€—

Blogging is a tough taskmaster and the pay sucks! Love the photo Cindy. Take care. John

Love the poem, dear Cindy. A lovely mantra! Ah, yes, I completely understand. I’ve changed my blogging and reading schedule a couple of times, and I feel another shift coming. Currently I’m responding and reading about two hours a day (not including weekends, which is more). We will see what the future brings….Sending you love and light, my dear friend! β€β€πŸ¦‹βœ¨πŸ€—β€β€xoxoxo

I totally get the feeling of being overwhelmed! People think online stuff is easy but it’s actually incredibly time consuming since we don’t have fixed schedules. It’s not just 9 to 5 it’s 24/7. Feel free to take time off and step back from blogging a bit- I’m sure everyone will understand. Oh, and I’m already working on a post about balancing everything with blogging!

Athira

Hi Cindyy…..

Ritish Sharma

Thank-you for reminding me to stop for a while and smell the flowers.

And do let me know once you find the answers to your questions.
Honestly saying, I don’t have any fixed schedule for writing and reading blogs, like Im reading this post while making lemonade for me πŸ˜…
Though I love to spend time on other blogs as it gives values, but dont know how many of great blogs I missed.
Anyway, there are also some great blogs and friends I love to visit time to time.

So, just Breathe. Take your time.

Samreen Asad

Wonderful poem Cindy, you are so right, it truly becomes difficult to manage and balance both the worlds. Both being of utmost importance πŸ˜… seriously speaking, as you also said here, I found virtual friends better than the real ones. I found so many great and kind people here, you being one of them❀️ but that being said, too much time here takes a toll on you and your family life. I have now limited my posts, I post every 2-3 weeks but the day being the same, Saturday, you know that 😊
And I have reserved early morning time when my son is sleeping for me time, writing, reading my favorite bloggers.
It really has affected my follower count, earlier when I was super active it was increasing at a rapid rateπŸ˜… but now the case is different.
But am contented with it. That’s what is important.
So, take care of yours and do what feels right to you. Love and hugs always my lighthouse β€οΈπŸ˜ŠπŸ€—πŸ’–πŸ₯°πŸŒΉ

A nice post. What I feel is that all blogs have different flavours, and some of them are really interesting and informative, and it’s my endeavour to go through all of them, though I have to skip some of them, or just simply like them. But I keep two hours aside just for reading, but I never forget to do yoga, exercises and yes, breathing deep. Have a lovely time😊

It’s my pleasure, Cindy! And yes, thanks for the follow πŸ™πŸ’–

Filarance

Woww..! Such a excellent write my dear..! So Marvelous..!
“StopΒ
Breathe
TrustΒ
Love
Relax
Amen”
So sweet lines..! I can’t pick my favourite stanza my dear Cinderella..! Because the whole piece became my favourite..! Fantastic my dear..!πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ€—πŸ’•

Filarance

Ohhh yess my dear CINDERELLA..! xoxoxoxoπŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ€—

Excellent poem, Cindy and so nice to be smelling flowers and their blossoms, breathing, relaxing and staying happy. Fantastic post dear.

You are always welcome dear Cindy. Flower of sweetness for you too. πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—β€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈ

Hi Cindy,
first – the funny thing is when I came to your blog today, I was just about to ask you what your “MO” was for posting and then for visiting bogs and staying connected – Your home page shows about three weekly posts that you do – is that right?
anyhow, then your second part of this post noted that you were looking for ideas and tips for juggling the blog visits and I thought “what a coincidence” –
because I was just noting that you seemed to have it down. hahah

my tips for blogging have changed – but here are a few thoughts I have right now

Humans need to find their rhythm

all people are different. which you know from your decades of working with them –
some folks need regularity and want to keep things a certain way – some folks need to change things up and need variety
and then there are some folks who need to “fill back up” after pouring out so much via blogs or comment exchanges

we people have times we need to back off for a bit – especially creative and passionate people – they cannot always have output and they can get drained if they visit blogs robotically

I recently took blog break that was supposed to be a few weeks and it was two months – and it wa the best thing I did because I came back with something to give

I filled back up which partly involved letting go and emptying (as your poem astutely noted and I will write more about the poem in a second comment)

so that recent break reminded me about my “MO”
and that is that I do follow a schedule but keep it loosely – and while years ago I tried to take summers off from blogging – that was backfiring because I actually had more time to blog then and liked it – and so now – I look for signs of burnout – (feeling overwhelmed – getting crabby with certain bloggers – dreading logging in – or just not fresh) and I pay attention to what that might mean.

I felt a little bit of it this week as I am doing the month long tree photos share – I am glad to be don it (make that – I NEEDED to do it for me) but I also was reminded as o why daily posting is not good for my blog preference – it takes away my freshness and so look forward to august when I can do twice or thrice a week

and so the advice I have (the I also follow)
is to weekly (or monthly) pause and ponder the blog MO

ask
~ do I need to pause from visiting
~ do I need to schedule posts and then take a week away (and people do not mind that usually)
~ do I even know how many hours I spend on blogging – if not – it is time to track it and then set limits – and so…. if someone thinks they spend two hours a day but it is really three – or four – – they can set up designated blog time — they can set so much time for posting – for visiting regulars – for exploring new blogs – or for getting caught up with bloggers you want to know more about

__

Sometimes it seems the blog world can be a black hole that sucks us n – like many other social media platforms – and so everyone needs to assess regalarly – and “REEL” back in at times.
There long-term freshness might require blog pauses (or fasting) = just like the way TV shows take breaks – we humans need breaks – and sometimes a couple months away less to some serious freshness that everyone benefits from

well thanks for your reply as well – and for a good post here.

and you sure are genuine and it shows –
and leaving this post thread I am reminded that burnout is real and it can happen with the activities we love – so the assessing is good
ttys

Part 2

the poem “reeling” was enjoyable and Cindy, I think I wrote a poem called reeling back in 2008 – I will see if I can find it

anyhow, your poem here was in sync with so much with me – the flow of the stanzas – the pacing and the content –

my two favorite parts

Breathe
Begin again

well done Cindy

πŸ™πŸ’–

One more thing –
for visiting other blogs –
I once heard someone say they keep a word document with the blogs they want to visit – and the 200 p+ blogs that make it to that list she tries to visit them once a month – at least – and more if she can – but it took away the need to visit every time they posted (which a lot of bloggers do not prefer – I have heard some bloggers say they get fatigued if the same blogger is always there commenting every day – ?)

anyhow, I might be making a list and doing that this summer – to make sure I visit certain bloggers at least once a month and then still have time to explore a bit

πŸ™‚

PATIENCE NJOWA
PATIENCE NJOWA

I love the Stop Breathe part… I could actually literally do it

Suma Reddy

Stop
Breathe
Trust
Love
Relax
Amen

I needed your Yoga Mantra πŸ§˜β€β™€οΈ and have stopped to read you n relax dear Queen. That’s really a great poem to stop n breath being in peace. Great n creative share β€πŸ™

I love your poetry so much, Cindy <3 – it's so earnest!

As for your thoughts about scheduling, I'll have to give that some thought… it's a huge challenge, as you noted, especially for people who take other bloggers' souls seriously.

Cindy, take care of you, first and foremost. Many newcomers have not seen your older material, so reprising it is more than fine. I have been doing that when I find myself short of time. It is nice to see more views and comments the second time around. Reposting an old blogpost takes ten minutes to search, freshen and post. All the best. Don’t reel too much. As a smart Yoga instructor very dear to your heart says often – Namaste. Keith

samsahana

What a very relaxing, soothing read! I actually took a deep breath reading it (not like I’m juggling with a lot right now though). Wishing you happiness! πŸ˜ƒ Take care 🀍

samsahana

Oooh yes! πŸ˜‰
Thank you!

Vignesh S Raj

If you ever manage to decode one of mankind’s biggest challenge, that is maintaining blog-life balance, please drop me an email! 🀣🀣🀣

Vignesh S Raj

Ha ha. You are welcome πŸ™‚

All that reeling makes me think of a Whirling Dervish, Cindy. Maybe you should go with the flow. πŸ™‚ Just kidding, of course. The reason I am taking a break from blogging this summer is to allow myself time to pursue some of the many other things I love to do. I think all bloggers understand the need for breaks, especially those of us who have been doing it seemingly forever. It does tend to capture us, however. One as a way of expressing ourselves. It allows me to play with my writing, play with photography and share. Even more important, it has provided me with the opportunity of meeting many great people like you from around the world and taking part in their lives and learning things I wouldn’t otherwise.
In the end, however, unless we use it as part of our livelihood, it is more in the nature of a fun and fascinating hobby. I feel the way WordPress places a constant emphasis on numbers does a disservice to all of us in terms of creating unending pressure. When blogging becomes more like work instead of a fun way to express yourself and make friends, I think its important to jump off the treadmill and just relax. πŸ™‚ –Curt

1 Poet Forever

πŸ‘

Cindy, sweetheart, take care of yourself first. I fully understand what you are saying. I, as most of your followers, will be here for you even if you post less, or you cannot read everyone’s posts. We love you.
Gabriela

Hi dearest friend, closer than far – don’t worry about missing post or not being caught up, it will drive you crazy and soon you will contemplate stopping blogging all together. Because we feel so deeply we don’t want to miss anyone, ignore anyone or just not share our love. However, it is impossible to keep up with everything and also blog and answer comments. We love you and I would rather you post less, miss more of my work and still be around then to get frustrated and stop. Your post share your light, like your beautiful poem you wrote in this post. I feel like that often. I can’t read everyone’s new book coming out that I follow or everyone’s post either, and I am hard on my self too. Don’t be sweetie, we are not going anywhere. I am trying to cut back myself and I don’t post nearly as much of many of the people I follow. Sending you so much love and light and hope that you take good care of you sweetie. Love you to pieces. xoxoxo Joni

Joweda

Awesome piece it is.

Joweda

You’re quite welcome Cindy ❀️

Subhraroy

Sorry, I don’t have any faith and interest in yoga path. Yet I like your decent composing style to put up such an uncommon theme so accurately.

Patricia Furstenberg

How well you described the turmoil of life, Cindy.
I love this: