photo of woman looking while holding a wooden baton

My blood boils
as I choke
on your words
so raw
ripping
at my flesh

I gag on my vomit
cuts like a knife
straight to my heart.
I stumble and fall in a heap
weak in the knees

this princess
has not
earned them yet
I’m weary
but not
that weary
that I would pass the baton
before it’s been earned

A Queen is honored
and revered
selfless
and has the ability to rule
with her
inner strength
not with an iron hand

I look down to the earth
and up to the sky

I continue
to get up
every morning,
put on my crown
and face the world
with my chin up
not a chip on my shoulder.

So stand in line
my fair lady
pick a number
until
you have proved
your worth

These shoes
are filled
for now
I am alive
and well!

The Queen has Spoken!

Copyright © 2021 Cindy Georgakas

Happy Words Matter Wednesday my Friends,

It’s amazing how much words have power and impact the way we feel. They can have us feeling warm and fuzzy or chilled to the bone. It may or not be intended but it happens and what’s important is that we process it and go back and clean them up before they create more distance and separation. This happens with the best of families and friends unwittingly at times. Tensions get high while everyone is working together for a common goal and texts and emails are NOT always the best way to communicate.

As we all know, we take things out of those we love the most because we feel safest with them. It’s not an excuse nor should it be the means of communication but when it happens we need to step back instead of react in ways that will only escalate the problem. In this case my words in poetry remedied my heart and soul while I didn’t respond to a hurtful text. We are so lucky to have writing as a cathartic therapeutic gift!

By being willing to feel all of my emotions, I was able to give myself permission to be angry, sad and hurt and sit with the angst. So often we haven’t learned to sit and want to feel better so we either lash out or do something that isn’t useful to yourself or others which only creates more problems.

In the morning, I received a beautiful text of apology after daughter # (to remain unanimous) on their own realized their message was not what they meant to say. When my daughter and I saw each other after, we were able to talk about what was going on and do damage control to remedy our relationship and it only took a few minutes and a hug. Grudges are not worth it and only create more issues down the road.

Tensions are high especially when you are planning for a surprise which I can’t wait to share with you on Fri-Yay Funday❣️❣️❣️

Thanks for visiting and have a great Words Matter Wednesday❣️

Blessings,

💖

Copyright © 2021 Cindy Georgakas

cheriewhite
1 month ago

This is such a beautiful and powerful poem, Cindy! And I agree- “we are so lucky to have writing as a cathartic gift!” Writing has healed me in ways I could never describe. I love this post as it touches me so profoundly! ❤

cheriewhite

My pleasure, Cindy. Keep up the great work! ❤💐🌹

🧝‍♀️Rarenwise🧝‍♀️
🧝‍♀️Rarenwise🧝‍♀️
Reply to  cheriewhite

Agreed!

🧝‍♀️Rarenwise🧝‍♀️
🧝‍♀️Rarenwise🧝‍♀️

🙌

Aleesha Thomas
1 month ago

Take a short of courage! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

sloppy buddhist

The vultures
stand in your shoes
to steal your thunder

powerful words Cindy 🤓🙏🤍🕊sending a Wednesday hug!

Shweta Suresh
1 month ago

Wow. This was such a powerful poem, Cindy. Words have so much power and if not used wisely, they can cause deep wounds that can never truly heal. Beautifully written. I’m glad that you and your daughter were to able to talk it out

Shweta Suresh
1 month ago

You’re most welcome, my dear. There was so much wisdom in those lines

Shweta Suresh

You are welcome ❤🤗😊

1 month ago

Thought provoking and powerful words laying out your emotions in the stark reality of your hurt and anguish. So happy to hear you have made amends.

1 month ago

It is. A lot of people never make amends.

I am speechless. Such a powerful poem 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👌👍🔥

Your most welcome ❤️☺️

House of Heart
1 month ago

Oh! I love your new set up here. I am on my PC today and it is wonderful. Surprisingly it’s not giving me the full site on my iphone. I adore this poem and the picture of the Queen is so perfect. Have a very wonderful day dear Cindy. Sending love! <3

House of Heart
1 month ago

The pic is gorgeous, the poetry too! 💖🌹❤️

Ishita Gupta
1 month ago

Wow, this is such a powerful and beautifully expressive poem!!

Ishita Gupta

My pleasure!!🤗❤

1 month ago

This is such a powerful poem dear Cindy. 👏👏👏 Indeed grudges aren’t worth to hold and we should learn to let go…. Wisely said! I am glad you and your daughter has now made up. ❤️❤️ Easy to forget when we forgive! Well done Cindy.

Waiting for the fun Friday post to see what’s in store for us! Have the rest of week wonderful. 😍😍🤗🤗🤗

1 month ago

A good friend was up last week. We’ve been friends for almost 50 years. And there have been a few times when we gladly would have slit each other’s throats (exaggeration), but we have always managed to get over whatever irritation we were suffering at the moment, and as a result, have managed to maintain an incredibly valuable friendship, with far more value than any immediate satisfaction we might have had by lashing out. Your words ring true, Cindy. –Curt

1 month ago

Whew! I’m glad you two worked it out! That poem was amazing and intense!

💞

1 month ago

Wow, Cindy!!! I absolutely LOVED this poem. So intense, I felt every word deeply as I read. Happy you were able to work these feelings out through writing and then direct the issue once you felt better (very wise of you). Writing is so therapeutic. I am so looking forward to the Friyay surprise!!❤️❤️❤️

Nawazish
1 month ago

The poem is so powerful. Glad your relationship got mended with your daughter

Nawazish

Haha! Arent you a charmer🤭

Nawazish
1 month ago

Hahaha🤣🤣 Somebody needs to be good with words

Nawazish

Same old😁

Nawazish
1 month ago

No cadaver dealing with living humans. Yeah I guess more stories on the way🥺🥺

1 month ago

💜 Well Written Goddess; it’s Crystal Clear Clarity that The Lady Monarchs, Empress, “Queen” and Other, Really Appreciate YOU!!!

…💛💚💙…

1 month ago

💜 YOU!!! ARE Most Welcome SupaSoulSis; it’s a Pleasure to Share and Serve, Stay Strong and Serene

…💛💚💙…

Light Sparkle Thru Your

Poetic Words And True A Therapy
Of Singing Soul in the Last 8 years
This Month Anniversary of Word Press
Sees me through Losses of Mother, Father,
Step Mother, Her Third Husband, And So Many
Pets and Other Loved Ones, Family, and Friends too…

Emotions, Feelings, Senses, in Synergy Are What Moves
Our Inner Multi-UniVerses in Continuing Co-Creation with All in All…

Naturally Those Who Find Ways to Regulate Emotions and Integrate
Senses

in Feelings

All Generate

A Balancing Way

of Existence That Indeed

In Artful Ways Masters the

All In All As Waves Continually

Falling And RiSinG Even More

For this Inhale of Peace And Exhale of Love Even More…

i Don’t Leave Any part of the Human Experience Out it is All

Unlimited Still to Come

Yet Of Course Even though

The World Needs the Spread of

His Ocean Warmth i Surely Hope

Fred Brings the Least Harm Possible

As a Tropical Storm As This is What i
Intend to Do with my Calm Center Eye in Balance True too…
Yes… Perhaps a Cat-6-F Rated Hurricane i Already Am HAha…

Yet For You i am Sure You Will Relate Now to Where Most All this
Human Energy Comes From Yes Peace Inhaling That Exhales
LoVE in Balance of Positive Energy in Wonderful Frequencies
And Vibrations Within, Inside, Outside, Above, So Below, All

Around Now

For Real

Grace as

That is the

Next Named

Tropical Storm

Coming After Fred

And Before Elsa Another
Disney Princess too Haha…

For it is True it is up to Each
And Every One of us to BRing
Our Stories UP True in Fruition oF LiGHT too…

Blogging Truly Pure ‘ Bright White Loving Magic’ This Way too..:)

1 month ago

Powerful poetry ✍🏼 with well written words of wisdom, dear Cindy ~ emails can’t take the place, of families talking face to face 🤗 I’m glad the conflict has been adjudicated 🙏💖 And, what’s this about a surprise 🤔

1 month ago

Aw… this poem is wonderful Cindy. Bravo. I cannot wait for Friday to come.
xoxoxo

Suma Reddy
1 month ago

That’s my Queen, That’s why I call you Queen coz your words are powerful weapons and can rule the hearts n melt therapeutically by empowering them. The poem is amazingly awesome with crystal clear positive write up which inspires many of course I am one among always. These lines are supreme 👌 loves Queen. will be eagerly waiting for the Friday treat. Have a good day n take care. 🤗❤🙏🙏🙏

I continue
to get up
every morning,
put on my crown
and face the world
with my chin up
not a chip on my shoulder.

Suma Reddy
1 month ago

Always my greatest pleasure to read your soothing voice of words my Queen 🤗❤🙏

1 month ago

My queen, you still have a regal countenance. Take care, Keith

Reply to  Keith
1 month ago

PS _ Since I often put on my Don Quixote armor, I am reminded of the song from the play ‘Man of La Mancha” that says ‘I am a knight of a woeful countenance.” But, you have my make believe sword, my queen. Keith

1 month ago

You are most welcome. I just remembered, we were going to see a traveling Broadway production of “Man of La Mancha” with Robert Goulet in the lead. We were late and had to wait out in the halls until the opening number (the second best song) was over. Shucks. We did hear “Impossible Dream” which is the best song. Keith

1 month ago

Thanks. With three couples going to dinner before the plays, driving like a bat out of hell sometimes prevented tardiness.

1 month ago

Wonderful poem Cindy: it really spoke to me; in fact, it was just what I needed to hear. I’m pleased you managed to talk things out with your daughter ❤️

1 month ago

💜 Here’s my e-mail SupaSoulSis yernasia@gmail.com; there’s something a friend in need (an Imp Empress) needs from me to you shared privately, yernasia@gmail.com

…💛💚💙…

1 month ago

💜 No Probs SupaSoulSis and Thank YOU!!! to The Max; of course it’s ALL about PAT (Patience Acceptance Tolerance)

…💛💚💙…

1 month ago

A great statement here Cindy! I am glad you were able to work things out in an amicable way.

A regal powerful one, Cindy. You and the poem! 👑

Love these lines:
and face the world / with my chin up / not a chip on my shoulder.

1 month ago

A raw, beautiful, and powerful poem, dear Cindy. I love it. I completely agree with your commentary on pausing instead of reacting, and with creating the space to feel all of our emotions. I love that! Oooooh, I can’t wait for the surprise!! Love to you, my dear friend. ❤❤❤❤

1 month ago

An amazing and heartfelt poem oh Queen. 😊 Family disagreements are painful. I’m glad things have been patched up. Take care. John

Sep
Sep

Woah! Cindy that’s epic!

1 month ago

Such a powerful poem!! Happy Words Day to you too auntie!!

1 month ago

Loved the poem and it reminded me of this show called The Great that I really enjoy!

1 month ago

Yup that’s the show and it’s about the Russian Tsar and Tsarina. It’s hilarious and interesting but this reminded me of it since it has a strong female lead/queen.

Diana
1 month ago

I absolutely agree, Cindy! Grudges are just not worth the time and effort. Lovely poem too! Stay blessed ❤🌹🌈

1 month ago

oh baby this was so good Cindy
I am glad you shared your poem even after making amends –
and I agree that “writing is a cathartic therapeutic gift”
and recently I have been putting together some of my flash fiction into a document and one of them had some “behind the story” notes and I talked about when my hubs and I left an event because seated at my table were some toxic people from a children’s sporting group we belonged to for years- and I was exhausted and starved and did not even want to attend the banquet and when we got there -our table was filled with two very annoying moms (long story – they mean well – but anyhow)
we left and ate outside – and came back in for the speaker and it was awesome – and in my little notes I talked about how it was so nice to “not have to break bread with the bitches” hahahahah

anyhow, your powerful poem here had the perfect stanza length and thought flow – and I look forward to seeing this one in one of your upcoming books

1 month ago

Well I think you already have enough for a book from what I have seen on your posts
And remember poetry books do not have to be super long – and actually can be better with a handful (20 to 40 depending on the author)

Oh and these were not too young of ladies – middle age – but had their bitchy sides all the same and ran into one at a wedding last year and had nice small talk for 10 minutes but still – blah vibes from some folks –

1 month ago

Yes my dear it is all about boundaries when dealing with the birches – ha
And I live that you are patient with your book ideas because some folks rush into them – so it is nice that you seem to let it percolate and see the bigger couture while you get moving in writing and chewing on ideas

1 month ago

Well I can help you some direction
– for poetry at least
Think about the Themes you tend to write about and see how you would group them
Make a little web map and see if you have a major theme and then four or five categories they would call into –
And that will lead to the outline of your book

Book title
notes from a health coach
Or
cindy’s Prose – poems about living life on the go –
Or not! But the title often comes last
Here is what we do know right now

You write about the human experience and being real
You have decades of wisdom to share and your life seasoning is layered in Each selection and some folks really need this material – others need it less but can enjoy
You write with succinctness
You are a natural encourager and your poems feed you when you write them – they inspire bloggers when you share them – and so perhaps in a book they will offer even more folks a chance to feel the uplift – even if at first you do not make a lot of money through getting then I nto a book
So when you have time – do some assessing of how many usable poems you have and what themes they are or what categories they fall into

Ttys

1 month ago

yes – the time factor matters
and the last comment I wrote you actually was fresh n my mind because I pulled out my flash fiction from my blog – 135 entries – and narrowed it down to 53 entries in a book with five sections.
Cindy – that was so much easier than I expected – I thought it would take weeks but that part was a snap – I also was excited to learn more about the consistent themes that I always seem to layer in my work.
And you have that too – the wellness themes – the social connecting and the processing responses and stuff like that –
anyhow, the hard part – which was ten times longer than I expected and I had to stop because burn out creeped in – but it was dong all the editing and adding behind the fiction section (which is my favorite part) –
so I feel like I ma at the 85% point and just had to pull back.
I will revisit it in September.

so getting back to your project – keep in mind that some parts will be way easier and than other parts might take way longer – but also remember that every month you let the idea percolate – that is part of still working on the project = it is getting your head thinking about it and the mental prep and mental churning is what leads to action later.
another example from my recent book project relates to that as well.
I actually have dozens of ideas for books (seriously have a lot and have drafts, outlines, book cover started, etc – and not all will pan out but part of the brainstorming and starting) and so this fiction collection happened one weekend last month and the time was ripe.
Victor Hugo talked about the force and power of an idea that has reached its ripeness – and that was what I felt –
the momentum arrived and the draft unfolded. And even though that was on my list – I dd not think it would have unfolded this year – I thought that one would be years from now – but aha! The project came to life and now looking at a possible late summer printing.

so my point is to keep thinking about the shape of books nd various ideas – even if they are placed on the back burner – in the fridge – or covered in the pantry –
because some of those ideas will take shape when the time is right –
***
One other thing to consider is to set aside one hour a week to ponder and explore or just write about the projects or idea – that way you make sure to keep it churning and allow some of that distant prepping – if that makes sense

1 month ago

Truly my pleasure and I am going to email you the template so you can see how it looked for my draft –
I am so blessed to know you too and I really think we crossed paths at just the right time !
We were ready to connect –
Have a great week

1 month ago

Wel the line about no excuses reminds me how there is a time push and burn the midnight oil and then there is a time to say no and pull back to relax

No formula because life has so many variables
Which I am sure you know do well

1 month ago

Well my pet peeve right now is the “whack-a-mo” analogy
Where those who use it say life is like hitting the pop ups again and again
In one way they are right
But life is so much more than one problem after the other
Because we don’t just hit it down and go on to the next – instead – as humans we grow and connect with others – or pull back and heal and get all nourished alone –
But the whackamo analogy has such a lackluster vibe – depersonalizes living and misses out on the joy and lively parts of being human –

Well said Cindy
And the “find your tribe” phrase is also tired – work out and misleading – and annoying
But no need to discuss that!

ThinkTalk
1 month ago

Oh so deep and full of wisdom.
Thanks for sharing. You demonstrated what a loving mother you are. 🙏🏾💜✌🏾🙏🏾

ThinkTalk
1 month ago

I sure did enjoy every line of your poem, my friend. Each line was deeply felt. As a mother, I totally resonated but so happy for you both that you didn’t allow the “enemy” to magnify the wrong. 😎😍 Stay blessed.
Looking forward to reading your post tomorrow.

mysteriousalien2

Such a beautiful poem! Make me feel like a queen 👑 Loved it ❤️

mysteriousalien2

Definitely Queen ❣️

mysteriousalien2

Me too! Hahaha 😂😁

Amazing writing!

Chris Adedoyin
1 month ago

You are welcome. Gorgeous poem – a great blend of words. It always feels good to read your blog posts.

Chris Adedoyin
1 month ago

You’re welcome, Cindy. Everything is fine. I just got a new contract that is timely consumed. Once the term of the contract elapsed, I will get back to blogging in full.

Chris Adedoyin

Thanks, Cindy

The Dreamcatcher
1 month ago

Absolutely loved it. Queens are not born, but made..! Power packed words

1 month ago

Wonderful poem on the Queen and a perfect apt picture too. It is always good to be writing when you feel hurt or anger at someone and at the end all went well and there was much love and hugs coming your and your daughter’s way. Nice post, Cindy.

1 month ago

You are most welcome dear Cindy. This is life in a nutshell. Take care and stay safe ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Welcome dear 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

😊😊😊💗💗

1 month ago

Very powerful poem. You are so right about the power of words.you are wise beyond your years.
Looking forward to the Friday surprise 🥰❤️

Harsh
1 month ago

I love how powerful this is!
And more power to the Queen!

HI Cindy,
I am so happy that you didn’t respond to the hurtful text. So often, silence is the best answer. It will make the other person reflect on what was said/sent. I am glad that you guys quickly made up.
That is the beauty of being family/friends, there is always love at the core.
Blessings to you! ♥♥

1 month ago

Ah, the power of words, Great write.

1 month ago

Cheers. Happy Hearts Day.

Cheers.

Thanks. Happy Sunday.

Samreen Asad
1 month ago

A powerful, thoughtful poem Cindy, loved it ❤️❤️❤️ So happy you both made it up, that’s how love is, it always wins. And then you know that love overpowers everything. It’s better to stay silent and let love do its work 🙂😉 ❤️💖 Love and hugs dear, stay blessed and happy 🤗❤️🤗❤️🤗❤️🤗❤️🤗

A powerful poem….beautifully expressed, Cindy ❤️

You were right ❤️…..much love, Cindy

You’re welcome Cindy ❤️

1 month ago

Awesome! I too have written poems to exorcize my anger…It works quite well. Yours is a beautifully written, postable poem as well! Mine were destined for file 13! Have a great week, Cindy! <3 <3 <3

PS My computer is fixed! Yay! A few slightly used parts and an hour and a half with the tech guy. 🙂 All the best with your tech issues!

🧝‍♀️Rarenwise🧝‍♀️
🧝‍♀️Rarenwise🧝‍♀️

🙌

SamSahana
1 month ago

“The vultures stand in your shoes
to steal your thunder, stomp on your soul But the urge
to lash back is crippled in anguish.” My fav stanza! 💖 What a very powerful, uplifting poem! Words are strong and can hurt or save. Beautifully expressed!

A beautifully crafted poem, Cindy. Thought provoking and quite powerful.👍💖

Aanchal Singh
1 month ago

Woooww!!!!! This is really so empowering…. I agree with every single line and Kudos to you , how beautifully you’ve managed to deliver the beautiful message .. amazing

trackback

[…] By Cindy Georgakas: Change isn’t always easy but necessary. […]

Marts
1 month ago

I’ll respond to this post in some Trinidadian parlance – – “yuh damn rite gyal”…
Meaning, I am in absolute agreement…