Happy Fri-Yay Fun Day Friends,

This week has been a lot of work with whirl winding days and nights with lots of fun serendipitous moments. How has yours been?

I’m feeling a little snarky today but it’s the day I’m “supposed” to have fun. Do you know this feeling when you are feeling everything but fun?

Even Gurus get irked. I’ll never forget when a client was going to visit the Dali Lama for a business deal and how excited we both were. We lamented about how it would go and the lovely tea that would be served while sitting in a circle enveloped in peace and harmony. The plane was a little late as I recall and when he arrived there were a few others in the meeting and the Dali Lama was ranting about starting late and shouting orders about all of the things they had to accomplish. This was furthest picture we had painted in our minds of what his experience would be like. We got lots of laughs about it when he returned and It always reminds me that even Gurus get mad so lighten up and be accepting when I feel perturbed.

Highlights:

1. Amazing vegetables of the last hooray of our summer garden and my friend’s garden’s are plentiful and delicious, I made some amazing tomato sauce, salsa, eggplant, and zucchini has been coming out the ears this season. I got some amazing figs for the first time and more to come, and a few strawberries and blackberries.

NOTHING LIKE EATING FRESH FROM YOUR GARDENโฃ๏ธโฃ๏ธโฃ๏ธ

Fresh garden delights
Sustenance found in growing
Prep the winter soil

2. Co-Ed Softball playoff game with the fam and dogs where everyone plays but me, but I’m a good cheerleader and someone has to watch Hunter. They lost the game but had fun and Hunter had a ball with all of the Dogs.
The man that my daughter bought the house from just happened to be on the other team and introduced himself along with 4 other neighbors that live in their hood. How fun is that! Love all their smiles even when loosing by 4 runs.

Adults, kids and dogs
Run, throw, hit and get injured
Win or loose have fun

My husband hurt his knee last week and had to coach (no golf for him… well until tomorrow) and there were 3 other injuries which makes me sooo happy I don’t play.

3. Back to my daughter’s new house to show her sister unexpectedly and I quickly threw some food in a bag, a pan and some glasses to cook a quick meal and it was so fun to slop up her kitchen for a change instead of ours.

It’s time to pay back
Yay younger generation
Happy mom and dad

4. So delighted and grateful to Gabriela that another one of my poems has been accepted for publication by MasticadoresUsa. It’s called Blue Skies Wet my Eyes and I’ll let you know when it is published and share my poem. You can visit them both here at your leisure for other amazing poems. Also, it’s not too late to enter Gabriela’s Poetry contest but hurry you don’t have much time. See details on her site. She’s even giving prizes.ย MasticadoresUSA. Anotherย bigย thank you toย Gabriela Marie Milton! See Gabriela’s latest book here

Our beloved Gabriela’s Marie Milton’s book

a contest hooray
mix some love potion and join
you may win a prize

5. I set my daughter up on a blind date with someone I met when I was trying to figure out how to get rid of the coyote. I can’t say much more because I don’t want to jinx it. I will just say he’s a really nice guy and they seem to hit it off but time will tell. They both like country and share the same birthday. I was rather excited until my friend pointed out that I don’t really know him that well but I did get references etc but now I have my mother worry cap on. As my daughter said “I’m an adult MOM”. True… the probs is I’m always a mom. Time to let go and trust.

On a similar note, you may know how I love to play matchmaker with our friends here in W.P. because I think so many of you are so amazing and why not set people up that you like that are wanting to have a relationship with friends? What do you all think of creating a W.P. dating site or have I completely gone bonkers? I won’t quit my day job… ๐Ÿคฃ

new love potential
matches made in country
a mom can dream right!

6. Our permit got approved for our remodel finally!!! YAY! Our town is tough to deal with and even though it’s all interior, they make it difficult at best.

dreaming up our plans
I want white, you want gray
smart man says, yes dear

Easy right? ๐Ÿคฃ Actually we pretty much agree on everything…. well in terms of the materials. Other than that I say tomato and he says tom-toe.

So what could I possibly be upset about with all of this good news going on? Oh I have a list a mile high at the moment but the good thing about Fun Fri-Yay is I get to focus on the good stuff and when we do that, we put our attention on what matters most and are able to access our higher self and let the other things drop away that truly don’t serve us.

With that I will end on a poem I wrote in reaction to an unruly neighbor that makes her own rules and everyone is furious. For years her dogs have come out and attacked our dogs and no matter how many times I have called and pleaded with her to do something, she never has. The dogs died last year and got a new puppy which is adorable but is out on the street and could easily get hit. Sometimes the act of writing and sharing diffuses the whole situation so I’m hoping this helps.

Oh for neighborly love

A pie to welcome you
or one in the face

No matter how close or far
Thereโ€™s always one

that screams and shouts
breaks all the rules

I eat my humble pie
as I walk past your house

A hole in the tire
makes everything flat

A break of the windshield
Shattering your facade

Words fall on deaf ears
After all of these years

vicious dogs attaching
to creating your own driveway

Being red tagged by the town
no neighborly love

Itโ€™s a wonder why you havenโ€™t
Been run down.

Oh for neighborly love

RANT DONE AND NOW OFF FOR MORE TUB AND FIXTURE PICKING.

Have a great Friday and weekending!

Love and Blessings Always

๐Ÿ’–

Copyright ยฉ 2021 Cindy Georgakas
All Rights Reservedย

Tanishq Abhi Gupta

I love eggplants!!! Could rely on them for my whole life.
Seems there’s a lot of work for you to do.
Have a great weekend ahead….

That was quite a week. How many daughters do you have? I’m getting lost between weddings, engagements, houses, and blind dates. The dogs at the ball game made me think you could play “dog ball” Did you play “dodge ball” when you were a kid? Congratulations on the poem on MasticadoresUSA. That makes two for both of us. I got my poem submitted to Gabriela’s contest. That’s a great-looking harvest.

Happy Friyay, Cindy! Wow. What a week. Congratulations poem for MasticadoresUSA! I love the ” Oh for neighborly love” piece. So many beautiful veggies to end summer with, love the pictures. Everyone looks so happy at the game, win all lose , it seemed like a fun time. You must be so excited to start remodeling soon, Yayyy on that. Lots of fun times ahead!โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฅฐโค๏ธ๐Ÿ’•

Cindy, my dear, thank you so much for spreading the word about my contest. It means a lot to me.
Now to your week: WOW. You had a full plate. Cooking, playing, being with the kids. Remodeling plans and poetry. You rock!
Enjoy the rest of your Friday and may your weekend be fabulous.
You are an angel!
Sending love and big hugs.

Sarah Davis

Good week! Everything is coming up zucchini! I couldnโ€™t resist!

Sarah Davis

Thanks

Sounds like a lot happening. As always stay true to yourself and take the high road as you always do. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’•

Mark S

Your week make me tired! Its great that it is Friday!

minametry84

Great post

minametry84

Sorry, Cindy. I do not understand what do you mean by why then thanks Mina?

minametry84

Thanks, Cindy and it is okay my friend

Oh my, Cindy, that is the most awesome ending poem of all time. Wow. I know exactly how you feel. Really. Two time home owner here…anyway, lovely post, am thrilled about you being published by MasticadoresUSA again, so deserving. Veggies look amazing; and I’m still reeling from the part in your post about a WP dating site. Hahahaha. YOU are the BEST. Much love. ๐Ÿ’–

I loved it much, dearest Cindy! Hahaha. Youโ€™re most welcome, always! ๐Ÿฅฐ Oh, reallyโ€ฆ.prey tell? Hahaha. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜„ Thatโ€™s fun. Happy Friday, Cindy! ๐Ÿฅฐโค๏ธ

Awww, thank you! Ahahahaha. Thatโ€™s perfect! I like mysteryโ€ฆ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜„
Happy Saturday, dear Cindy! ๐Ÿฅฐ

A Hand-Out of Neighborly Love Dear Cindy
Will Surely Be A Smile, Good Morning,

And A Wave Each And Every Day…

(You Make Your Blog Feel Like
Everyday Life That’s KinDa Nice)

True Being On the Autism

i am Always the Naturally Friendlier
One Among my Sister With Asperger’s
Syndrome too.. So i Wave at Each And Every

(And my Wife is Very Delicate And Shy
Unless It’s me Cornered Over A New Shed
And Suburu SUV To Buy Spending the
New Full Raise in Retirement i get in June)

Neighbor

in the Dark

As a Special

Interest i’ve Earned All My Life..

True i guess one May Become too

Human

After

All i Am With SMiLes…
Hehe And in Pandemic
Conditions it’s Still Safe to
Smile, Wave, And Speak From
The Road to Their Personal Homes…

And We Are just about the only ones

Lama” And “That Indian Dude Who Wears Diamonds

on His Glasses” too…

We All Have

Shadows

It’s What

Makes Us Continue Appreciating
Sunshine Within too With SMiLes..:)

Thanks Dear
Cindy Have
A Beautiful
Family And
Community
Weekend

With

SMiles
Of Kindnessโค๏ธโ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿค—

๐Ÿ™Œโ˜บ๏ธ

โ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ™Œ

๐Ÿ

Diana

What a lovely and refreshing post, Cindy! Thank you for sharing! Your poem is lovely too. Congratulations! ๐ŸŒนโค๏ธ๐Ÿ™๐ŸŒป๐Ÿ™‚

Oh dear Cindy, I am sure you are having great week with all the good news around! โฃ๏ธโฃ๏ธ Blessings to you ๐Ÿค—
I wish your neighbour should read the last poem and understand the trouble she is making and it is written as poetry. ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„
Have a joyful weekend dear Cindy โฃ๏ธโฃ๏ธโฃ๏ธ

Sounds like a great week. Congratulations on your upcoming publication Cindy. That is wonderful. I like the piece in your post today as well. Nicely done. Sending you lots of hugs and love, my friend from no so far away. xoxoxox Joni

Cindy, I hope you are feeling better. I am so glad to hear that your remodeling plans have been approved. This is an enjoyable, very entertaining post <3 Hope your weekend is pleasant and relaxing.

Bharath Upendra

Even vegetables look snarky. Also, I like the kitchen. I wish blind dates were a thing in India but it wonโ€™t work here.

Bharath Upendra

Some are. Some arenโ€™t. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Bharath Upendra

Some changes are like a wrench in the ass.

Congratulations on getting published ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰ Your weekend is quite colourful I should say ๐Ÿ˜„ The poem in the end loved it โฃ๏ธ

Monch Weller

Yay for self-sufficiency! From the looks of it, you seem to have a large plot for growing vegetables. Are you on a homestead, if I may ask? ๐Ÿ™‚

And yes, the story you shared about the Dalai Lama proves that icons as they may be — they still remain human, with weaknesses and all.

Lots of great news here Cindy: donโ€™t let the neighbours get you down! I canโ€™t believe your daughter is in her new place already-how lovely for you!

WP dating – now thereโ€™s an interesting idea! Good luck with it – just remember to add a disclaimer that you are not responsible if things donโ€™t work out ๐Ÿ˜‚

Congratulations on your forthcoming publication: I just love Gabrielaโ€™s new book! โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

Thank you so much for your support Cindy! My dad says I should gift one to Sir David Attenborough ๐Ÿคฃ

It sounds like your daughter has an exciting life! At least youโ€™ll get to see her sometimes โค๏ธ

Nawazish

Hahaha! You are all fun mood. Matchmaking is your fav hobby, undeniably!๐Ÿคฃ

Nawazish

Hahaha! Well what gave you the idea of me being tough nut to crack. I am sooooo nice๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿฅบ what’s cooking up in your naughty brain Cindy!๐Ÿ˜š๐Ÿคญ

Nawazish

Hahahaha! Phone number? Where’s it heading to?๐Ÿคญ

Nawazish

I don’t think so I’ll answer the said call๐Ÿ˜… Progressive young woman yessssss but let’s just say that’s it…..when will I have the pleasure of receiving a call from our Cindy?

Nawazish

Hahahaha! There’s no start for it๐Ÿ˜Ž I’ll wait for a voluntarily call from you then when the times are less crazy!๐Ÿ˜

Nawazish

Yup sure….I would love to know what you’ve been told or self understood๐Ÿคญ You there in g chat?

Nawazish

Hahaha! Somebody is getting greedy I see…there’s this google chat thing that we can do through gmail๐Ÿ˜

Nawazish

Hahaha! There’s lots of money in the business๐Ÿคฃ….how are you? All good with the joints?

Nawazish

That will be better in some time fomentation

Nawazish

Me being me…caught up in internship…starting with ortho on monday

Nawazish

I wish we had cadaver system here…it’s alive humans we deal with everyday….sure….I am all ears for your complains!

Prakaash inspiration ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณโœ๐ŸŒน

Have a great weeken.

glad you get the permit to remodel – and also – that is so cool that the former homeowner was not he other team – small world – and best wishes to your D in the new home!!

๐Ÿ˜Š

Clive

Itโ€™s now Saturday here, so I hope your day went well and youโ€™ll have a weekend full of the same load of fun that last week brought you ๐Ÿ˜Š

Playing matchmaker can be tricky! I set my son up with a lovely girl working in my opticians office. They met and everything that could go wrong went wrong. But thank goodness for that because if they’d hit it off he never would have found his wife, his soul-mate, his forever love and the mother of his baby. Sometimes when you think your venture was a total loss, a surprise is waiting right around the corner!

I like zucchini. It was a busy week for you, Cindy. Loved the poem on neighbourly love, especially the line..A hole in the tireย makes everything flat. Congratulations for selection for MastcadoresUSA. Happy Friyay and have fun this weekend too.๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’

Cindy, what a lovely potpourri of topics. Before I forget, I love the picture of you, hubby and Hunter on the ball field under the beautiful setting skies. Frame that one. From the softball game to the irritated Dalai Lama to the blind date with the coyote wrangler, there was lot to sink your teeth into. There is a lot of daughter trust in mom to go on a blind date set up by the latter. Well done.

Have a grand weekend. If you feel snarky coming on, go find that sky again with a glass of your favorite beverage. Keith

Cindy. you are welcome. I feel like I just had a cup of coffee with you to catch up when you mention what is going on. I feel like saying, “Cindy, take a sip before your coffee gets cold.” To complete the coffee conversation, I might add when asked we got to have our three children together when my daughter came to town for a couple of days. It was special. Take care. Keith

Lovely pictures & sharing, Cindy….congrats, your poem is going to be published soon….enjoy your weekend….embrace every moment โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’ซ๐Ÿค—

You’re welcome, Cindy….plus thanks for your kind wishes โค๏ธโœจ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ’ซ

The feeling is mutual, dear Cindy โค๏ธ โœจ ๐Ÿค—

โค๏ธ

Congratulations on getting your poem published, Cindy. Such a lovely and inspiring post. Loved all your photographs. A fun-filled Friday for sure. Happy weekend dear and lots of love and hugs.

Most welcome dear Cindy. Nice to be reading your posts, they are so fun-filled and enjoyable. Happy weekend to you too.

Most welcome dear friend ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

whew – you really don’t hold back in your posts, Cindy <3

Ok:

1) the story about the Dalai Lama is great!
2) sorry about your husband's leg ๐Ÿ™
3) I hope things work out with/for your daughter ๐Ÿ™‚

the one with coyote guy ๐Ÿ˜€

patience was never my virtue…

Great garden-vegetable assortment, softball, family time…so much fun! Another wonderful poem to be published, playing an active role in some match-making, and consideration of a WordPress dating site, too. Oh, and the remodeling is moving ahead. Wow…you are so active, dear Cindy ~ when do you find time to rest ๐Ÿ˜‚ Have a great weekend ๐Ÿค—๐ŸŒน

Congratulations on the publication of your poem, Cindy, thatโ€™s awesome! Sounds like your week has been full even with the time out for rants. Worthy rants, of course!

No worries. I can’t talk much anyway. Writing is my best form of communication.

Iโ€™m good at both!

๐Ÿ™‚

There you go. I would have never identified myself as such, but there I am, fully identified. ๐Ÿ™‚

All right then. Universal! Wow! ๐Ÿ™‚

Wise AND Universal! It just keeps getting better and better! Stick with me kid, you make me look great! ๐Ÿ™‚

Wow. I know where we can get lots of petals donated!!!

MMMMMMMM

Samreen Asad

Wow, seems like so much happening in your life, hope your daughter finds a righteous man for her ๐Ÿ˜Šโค๏ธ And you being a matchmaker here at the WP too gave me a chuckle ๐Ÿ˜‚ Nice idea though ๐Ÿ˜„ Veggies look so good and it’s always fun to cook with limited things in your new house with family. Congratulations dear for your poem ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿค—โค๏ธ
And I so loved your neighbour poem๐Ÿ˜€ Happy weekend dear, love and hugs โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Cindy, your healthy and active lifestyle and positive mindset are motivating and inspiring. โœจ The veggies look yummy! Best wishes on your remodel and your daughter’s date and congrats on your poem. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

What a fun post, Cindy. It’s so full of gratefulness, and I love the poems you wrote to encapsulate each experience. Congrats on another poem accepted by MasticadoresUSA too. I look forward to reading it.

Ell
Ell

This is a really positive reinforcement of how we should look at things, find the good.

Ashish - Proxywords

Fresh vegetables from our own garden feels great and refreshing. I have also planted some tomatoes, eggplants, chilli pepper, spinach, Okra etc. and blessed to eat them too!!

Ashish - Proxywords

Yeahh just started 3 months ago and it has grown humongous!

Ashish - Proxywords

Yess ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ˜Š

karlien09

Such a beautiful poem! You penned this post down nicely!
Happy Sunday โค

Hope your weekend has been fun too, my friend! I love all your gratitudes, and I adore the poem for your unruly neighbor. Wish we were closer so I could take some of those delicious home-grown veggies off your hands. Maybe next year, I’ll have a producing garden. Kudos on your poem publication! And I love the pics of your smiling fam, as well as the butt-sniffing dogs. Have a week filled with sunshine & joy, sweet girl! ๐ŸŒž

I remember moussaka! Cooking together sounds like so much fun! ๐ŸŒž

Sounds perfect! ๐ŸŒž

Congrats on getting published auntie!!!
I love how each of your post is so positive

Oh wow those veggies look so fresh! And big congratulations on the poem!