Happy Fun Fri-Yay Friends,

I’m been so excited to share this with you and suddenly I can’t find the words today, as “fun” hardly describes what what I’m feeling and I’m struggling to find them which is not like me as you know. I have posted the definition of fun before once on my blog but it hardly comes close to the feeling I have inside.

The closest that I could come up with defined as FUN on google was this:

The definition of fun is something that brings pleasure, joy or playfulness. An example of fun is dancing with friends. An example of fun is children playing together at the playground. (informal) Enjoyable, amusing.

Thanks truly Bhlat!

While we had a lot of joyful times together during the holidays where we danced, played games and created an indoor playground which was incredibly fun, this still doesn’t describe the feeling I had when I opened my gift from my Secret Santa on Christmas Eve, which was from Bhlat (her blog name). We draw names between the 6 of us and the thought and care that goes into each gift is truly heartwarming.

I was totally in shock when I opened my package. This was the moment I’d been dreaming of, the reason I started blogging like a fiend in the first place when the pandemic happened but couldn’t get my head around it, something I’ve thought about doing for years and then right in front of my eyes, it was delivered in my hands and I was in an altered state of reality.

An expression of what I’ve been working towards my whole life but didn’t know how to put into fruition was sitting in my lap. My baby that I could hold in my hands and see and witness as a part of myself and I didn’t need to nurse or pacify it. As I write these words tears are streaming down my face with a sense of gratitude and elation and I feel warmth inside radiating from my head to toes. It’s not like me to struggle with putting what I want in the world, this is what I do for a living but with my busy schedule and still working full time, flying by the seat of my pants, I just couldn’t bring the pieces together to birth this dream into action.

And now, here in my hands I was holding this baby, sitting with all 4 of my babies and my 5th was now joining our family. All of the years of love and nurturing, tireless nights, staying up all night, chauffeuring, guiding, watching their performances, celebrations and giving out was coming back to me. Their presence is always enough and seeing them fly in the world the gift. But in this moment the gift was feeling seen and heard, not only as a mom but as an individual in the world that they truly respect and honor. Parents give to their children but I’ve never expected anything back. Sure we trade off with chores when they are home etc but I’m talking about on an emotional level where I was actually honored for what is important to me and it touched me deeply.

Parents give their children two gifts….
one is roots,
the other is wings.

I never doubted they loved me and they definitely show up and write beautiful cards on my birthday and Mother’s Day etc but this touched me in a way I never knew possible. I can’t thank you enough Bhlat more for your gift of time, love in action with your incredible busy schedule, reflecting my thoughts into a format I can have as my legacy of love in the world.

I present to you from her heart to mine and now from mine to yours:

My Instagram Name Turned Book
Back Cover she took from my Blog About Page

And the journey begins with a few more pictures splattered in to bring the print alive to my poetry…..

This was a labor of love and she painstakingly went through all of my blog posts and pulled and extrapolated from my website as well. All the while, I didn’t think they read anything I wrote. Well, except her, but suddenly she went mia and I just figured she was too busy. This reminds me of raising children when you think no one is listening to you and suddenly you see that we are still teaching from a distance and the time spent and words shared still seep through when you share your heart and truth. There are no words that could adequately express my words of appreciation but I do know the 2 most important gifts in the english language are thank you so THANK YOU Bhlat (she is the one in the elf p.j’s)!

HERE’S BHLAT GETTING HER MR. POTATO GAME. IT MAKES AN APPEARANCE EVERY FEW YEARS!

Gifts from the heart are treasured memories, touching every corner of our being in the most joyful or sorrowfulΒ  times in life.

Copyright Β© Cindy Georgakas at
The Unique Times all right

She created this on Blurb and used a pixelated photo application which I love and brings photos to life in a way even my artist friends admire. I love it because it is so forgiving of any flaws and wrinkles, so I think I’m going to see if I can get pixelated and walk around in this new look. hahahahaha! I mean we are in a VR world these days.
She said it was pretty easy to format, has lots of good FAQ’s, for print and paper quality.

I would love to hear from you and what you have used if you have published a book. What is your experience, who have you used, can you get it out worldwide etc. Did you hire an editor or go through a publishing company? I may just stick with Blurb and my daughter has been super helpful as I go through and pick my selections of what poems I want to include for this book.

My mother has always been my biggest cheerleader encouraging me to get a book out and I want to get this one in her hands now so she can enjoy it. I honestly never know what is her dream or mine but at least by producing it, I can find out. I can’t thank her enough for her years of support and faith in my work and gifting me roots and wings to fly.

I know Ingrid at EIF just announced her new venture of supporting others in their publishing journey which is very exciting. Check her site for her available book available on Amazon, The The Anthropocene hymnal and her new poetry book coming soon.

Yvette from Priorhouse Blog has been a constant admirer of my work from the get go, always singing me praises which has meant the world to me.
I often put her comments in a section of my notes as affirmations to encourage me which are hidden treasured gems, I so much appreciate. Her latest book Lady by the River can be seen and purchased here.
She also does interviews and I was honored to be featured on her blog where she interviewed me on my fitness career here. If you are looking for an exercise video to do you can find one there as well.

All of your words and comments truly feed and sustain me on this journey, thank you truly from the bottom of my heart. We are all on this path together and we all have our own story of our heart to share.

Our blogging community is Β truly the back bone of support in the literary world and we need each other in so many ways. People understand us here and our love of the written word or of pictures that move us deeply. The support we have available with each other to grow and shine in ways our everyday world might discount is a gift that touches me deeply, which is why our connection means the world to me and I was so excited to share this with you.

Have a wonderful Fri-Yay and weekend and hold on to your dreams as we make our way to the New Year. Beginnings take time and can’t be rushed as we reflect and root into where we are and where we want to be going. Thank you truly for visiting today πŸ™.

Blessings of Love and to all you wish for,

πŸ’–

Outside of my Yoga/Workout Studio

Copyright Β© 2021 Cindy Georgakas
All Rights ReservedΒ

5 1 vote

manifestingmiraclemaker

Absolutely beautiful!

Cindy! This was sooooo heartwarming to read, and your book looks absolutely beautiful ❀️❀️❀️ what a wonderful token of appreciation from your daughter, and demonstration of the esteem in which she holds you! On a practical note, I would love to know who she used for printing 😊

Oh wow, I’d love that Cindy! I was in choir you know πŸ˜…πŸ€©πŸ˜

It’s ok, I’ve Elton John on speed dial…I’ll just ask him 🀩🀣🀣

❀️

Lisa Mae ❀️

Gorgeous!

omg, Cindy, This is amazing. Nutter is trying to help me get back to your pictures. He and I both loved the video and he pressed something that made it play again. I’m going to go throught this again when he’s not trying to chew on and nose my fingers as they type. LOL

LOL I will agree to disagree on his helpfulness while I’m on the computer. LOL

Seriously?

Artist/Poet_JayMoraShihadeh

Congratulations, Cindy! Looks beautiful

A beautiful post, dearest Cindy! There is so much love and gratitude in your words. I adore the book gift, as you know, and think it is beautiful. I’m so excited to see where it takes you next! It’s always so refreshing to read you, my dear. Always! πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

It’s my compete pleasure, dearest Cindy. Always! Aww, thank you. You are so kind. Have a beautiful weekend, my dear friend. πŸ’–πŸ™πŸ₯°

πŸ’–πŸ₯°β€οΈπŸ’–

pvcann

Wow, warms my heart, what a grace offered. (Love that video – the dog is priceless).

pvcann

Yes, he looks perplexed, not sure whether to go with it or not πŸ™‚

pvcann

Lol, me too.

pvcann

πŸ™‚

Angela Reinertson
Angela Reinertson

This❀️ What a beautiful gift!

ivor20

Happy happy Friday Cindy … what a truly glorious gift, and I too are lost for words to explain the joyful emotions you must have felt … maybe I need to find a song for you … that depicts the happiness of your gorgeous free spirited characteristics … hmmm … I think this one from Xavier Rudd “Stoney Creek”

Neat story Cindy. You have every reason to be filled with joy. Happy Friday! –Curt

Wow, Cindy. That’s an amazing gift. I can’t express how excited I am for you. Such a beautiful book. Congratulations, it looks awesome! Happy Fun Friyayy to you, my friend.πŸ’•β€οΈπŸ’•

You are so welcome, my pleasure.πŸ’•

OMG…now THAT my friend is definitely some kind of gift that takes one’s breath away. πŸ₯° But Cindaaayyyy, I was becoming antsy, anxious about what you unwrapped. My heart began beating super fast and I kept hearing you say in my ears…wait for it….wait for it…wait for it! Well, that was certainly worth the wait my dear and I know you feel so proud. πŸ€— Now, this is certainly a FUNyay moment. Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful news with us. What a way to begin the new year! Big hugs and lots of smooches to you my dear friend! πŸ“•πŸ₯³πŸ“—πŸ₯‚πŸ“˜πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ’

Continue to savor these precious moments Cindy dawwwwlink!!! πŸ’‹ I remember getting one of my mother’s poems submitted to an anthology. It came with a certificate of participation that was in her name. She kept it on top of her piano. After she passed away, I was able to obtain it and I have it here with me. That gift is absolutely priceless. Since you’re the one trying to please everyone, it’s good when someone you love exceeds your expectation in such a way that leaves you speechless and grateful.

I celebrate with you my friend, because after you have now become a regular contributor to Masticadores USA, I’d say your year is already looking sunny, merry, and bright!!! βœ¨πŸ’πŸŒŸ Bravo my friend…bravoooooooooo!!! πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ’–πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ₯‚πŸ‘πŸΌ

OMG, I’m verklempt! You got me pulling out the kleenex after all! 😜 Love ya girl and always remain the Cindy that you are. Thank you for allowing me to dwell in your orbit my friend! πŸ€—πŸ₯³πŸ₯° Keep smiling, keep shining and always continue to celebrate this beautiful gift lift, so divinely given. Here’s to great things girlfriend!!! πŸ₯‚πŸΎπŸΉ

Cindy, what a tranquil message my friend. Had quite a full day and I am just getting around to responding to my special friends like you girlfriend! πŸ€—πŸ˜πŸ₯° What a storyteller you are! What a great attribute to have!

Hugs and smooches. I’m having a cup of tea and ready to chill out and about ready to take a drift myself girlfriend! πŸ₯±πŸ’€πŸ˜΄ Here’s to great things my dear! πŸ₯‚πŸ™πŸΌπŸ’–

Cheers my friend! πŸ₯‚ Rest up, only to start all over again tomorrow!!! β˜•πŸ’–β˜• You’re the Queen Bee! 🐝 Always working! πŸ˜ŽπŸ€—πŸ€©

Sweetie pie, I am honored to be in the midst of you changing the world and making it better each day! Keep going my dear!!! πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸ

You’re welcome! You know it’s always my pleasure! πŸ™πŸΌπŸ₯‚πŸ’–

Girlfriend, as Alicia Keys sang, “This girl is on fiyaaahhhh!” And girlfriend you are indeed on fire! πŸ”₯ Enjoy the journey girlfriend! How exciting!!! 😁πŸ₯°πŸ˜˜

Disco Inferno! πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯ Now leave a blazing trail, just like a shooting star or a meteorite! πŸŒ πŸŒŸβ˜„ When you’re HOT Cindy, you’re just HOT!!!

Sowmya

Wonderful post Cindy. What a wonderful gift. I can see so much of love, compassion and gratitude in your post which makes your post soulful to read.

Sowmya

With pleasure Cindy

πŸ’œ Wonderful, just continue what YOU!!! ARE Doing SupaSoulSis especially accidentally kicking hubby on his butt when hiking; very good, carry on

…πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™…

πŸ’œ If YOU!!! asking My Opinion SupaSoulSis; the “kick in the butt” was definitely NOT!!! an “accident” πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ˜†πŸ˜πŸ˜„πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜€πŸ™‚ He NEEDED IT!!!

…πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™…

Bharath Upendra

Parents give wings to their kids?? You never came across an Indian, have you?

Bharath Upendra

Clipped wings, watered down dreams,comparison,compromised education, and a rat race.

Bharath Upendra

I don’t think I’m free. I am a pain in the ass, that I’m sure of.

Bharath Upendra

I already am. πŸ˜‚

πŸ’œ My Mom πŸ‘© Gave Me “Wings” EveryOne; so NOW!!! I AM Reminding HER!!! How To Fly πŸͺ° 🎢 😫 😒 ✨ πŸ˜• πŸͺ° NOT!!! Easy but DoAble EveryBody

…πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™…

Suvi K
Reply to  Bharath Upendra

Ahaa I knoww, right?πŸ˜‚

Bharath Upendra
Reply to  Suvi K

Oh yeah. You see this, Cindy??? Do you???πŸ˜‚

Suvi K
Reply to  Bharath Upendra

Imma add a zillion limitations, nonsensical societal standards, forcing their own unfulfilled dreams onto you and lack of respect to you as an individual, to this list

Bharath Upendra
Reply to  Suvi K

I just didn’t want to gripe. But it’s is true.

Suvi K
Reply to  Bharath Upendra

Sigh

Miriam

What an incredible labour of love Cindy and the best gift possible. I can feel the love, joy and gratitude in every word you wrote. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful news. I’m super happy for you! πŸ’—πŸ˜Š xx

Miriam

You’re most welcome. Bask in that feeling of joy love and gratitude, there’s nothing better. πŸ˜ŠπŸ’—πŸ™

Srishti Purohit

Congratulations dear Cindy! ❀️

Kelly

Amazing gift and realization of dreams, what an accomplishment and blessing! Congratulations!!!

That is one hell of a Christmas present, Cindy! πŸ˜πŸ˜ƒ

What a special gift. Amazing and beautiful. The dog looks like “Don’t look at me! I have nothing to do we all of this craziness!”

Miriam Hurdle

Wow, how wonderful Cindy! I could feel your joy in every word of this post. You’re right, having fun, dancing, and jumping can hardly describe your feeling. I’m so happy that you share it with us! That’s so so lovely! <3 πŸ™‚

πŸ’œ MOMMY DEAREST πŸ‘©πŸ’–πŸ’•πŸ’“β€β™₯πŸ‘© ; a Mom is The Most Evil 😈 Bitch Ever…yet where would YOU!!! Be WithOut YOUR!!! Female Biological Progenitor πŸ€” ?

…πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™…

πŸ’œ I AM Grateful πŸ™ that ALL I Have To Do is Plant πŸͺ΄ πŸ™ πŸ™Œ 😌 ☺ 😊 πŸͺ΄ a Seed πŸ‘© then after Nine Months of The Physiological Sensations of Pregnancy and Birth maybe have to Look After a Little Brat Like Me πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ˜†πŸ˜πŸ˜„πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜€πŸ™‚ πŸ™ƒπŸ€ͺπŸ˜πŸ€‘πŸ€©πŸ™„

…πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™…

Lamittan Minsah

I just thought this was amazing until I got reading well and noticed it wasn’t just amazing but incredibly and joyfully amazing!! My sweet friend Cindy, words alone can’t show how happy I am for you. I mean, having a book done is by all means a laudable feat. I can’t wait enough to go through this wonderful collection. Fun Friyay is always one of my most awaited posts. And that video on YouTube has just glistened up my face when I’m waking up. Some real fun that had to be on Christmas, I see. Keep writing dear, keep putting smiles on our faces. πŸ€—πŸ’–πŸŒ·πŸ’–

Lamittan Minsah

Many thanks to you too, dear. Have a beautiful weekend. πŸ’•πŸŒ·πŸ’–

Lamittan Minsah

πŸ’–πŸŒ·πŸ’–

That is so wonderful Cindy! I am so happy for you!
What a truly wonderful touching gesture! And it came out so beautiful!!
You raised amazing people! You will create even more amazing poetry and books!
Blessings to you!!

Suvi K

Oh wow. I’m out of words right now..that was such a heartwarming post❀ I’m ever so happy for you ma’am. What an incredible gift, congratulations!!πŸ™ŒπŸ’– So lovely! And beautiful wording.
“Parents give their children two gifts….
one is roots, the other is wings.” Not everyone has that privilege thoughπŸ₯Ί

Suvi K

Haha it’s a treasure indeed. Congratulations againπŸ₯°
Yeah, and it gets really hard sometimes you know..when they act like you are bound to fulfill those expectations and deserve no journey for yourself.
Or when they don’t understand mutual respect and trust.
You didn’t go too long, I really appreciate yours words😊

Suvi K

Oh that’s exactly what I intend to do, no matter how hard it gets- chase my dreams and build a life I would love to live to the fullest every single day. Thank you for your kind words anywaysπŸ€—

Suvi K

That’s a great idea. I will, definitely. Thanks a ton ma’amπŸ₯°

Suvi K

Word or So Bi-Weekly MacroVerse Will Do that With Even More SMiLes

of Dance
And Song
Free FLoWinG
iN Autotelic Bliss to come Next

Happy Saturday Kinda Glad Friday
Is History Now With Even More SMiLes!..:)

Hehe Dear Cindy

Literally
60 Percent TrueπŸ™Œβ˜ΊοΈπŸŒΉ

Yes artFullπŸ™Œβ€οΈHeART

Thanks!β˜ΊοΈπŸ™ŒπŸ

β˜ΊοΈπŸ™Œβ€οΈ

Lokesh Sastya

When you write your first poem, you can’t believe what you did.

Poetry is itself a book because it speaks a lot in less.

We love getting gifts. And if they are of our choice, we go up to β€œthe seventh floor”.

Your gift is full of gratitude from your daughter. And now that I’m reading this post, it’s from both sides.

A blogger does believe their family members are not interested to read his or her work. You have daughter proved it wrong.

Getting your decluttered pieces organised, picturised and compiled in a book is the best gift in a writer’s life. πŸ₯³β€

Maria

Beautiful post, Cindy! Your words are always soo inspiring! πŸ’πŸŒ·βœ¨πŸ’•

My dearest Cindy, I have tears in my eyes too. This posts is all about love and the fulfillment of dreams. What a wonderful present. I am so glad you held you own book of poetry in your hands. It looks spectacular. Congratulations. I can’t wait to hear what comes next. Please, please let me know.

Sending lots of love and huge hugs to you hon. May all your dreams come true.
xoxoxoxo…

My pleasure Cindy. I am so happy for you. And YES I want to know.
xoxoxoxo…

Oh, my goodness, all I can hope is that you love me and that I serve the community well 🌺❀️🌸🌹🌺❀️🌸🌹

I will say it again. Love you too hon.

Wonderful. I cannot wait!

Wow, what a wonderful gift! Enjoy.

Enjoy. 😍

🀠

πŸ™ƒ

What a most lovely post. I understand where you’re coming with the mother unconditional love. And your enthusiasm is contagious. I feel it. Thanks so much, Cindy. Bless you tons. I wish you miracles. More. xoxo

To me fun is playfulness that brings a smile, and this is what I feel while reading your posts. This is not an exception. And what an amazing gift, Cindy! So awesome! Congratulations!! Have a great weekend full of πŸ˜ŠπŸ’–πŸŽ‰

It’s my pleasure. You’re welcome πŸ’–

Love it, love it, love it, Cindy. Thanks for sharing this wonderful tribute and the joy that is your family. Take care, Keith

Cindy, it would appear so. You are blessed. Keith

Such a terrific feeling and I share in your happiness as I was gifted the same thing a couple of years ago. It’s amazing to see how all your work and dedication is rewarded by the people who mean the most to you, the ones who know how much writing means to you and how much joy it bring to others. So incredibly thoughtful and you look beyond the moon happy. Beautiful! πŸ’• 🌟 🎁

inspirechief

Congratulations,Cindy!! Your post is eloquently written and I could feel your joy and gratitude. You continue to inspire me.
I love the two gifts you give your children. I am posting it in my office.
I look forward to reading your book.
Scott πŸ€—β€οΈ

Dearest Cindy, congratulations! I am truly blessed to be part of your journey and reading your post today makes me so happy I can’t even begin to describe it. Here’s to many more writing journey’s ahead and much more success your way. Sending you much love. πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

You’re most welcome Cindy! Here’s to many more journey with you, it is just the beginning. πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

Right there with you. 😊❀️