Building inside out,
while others insides
are being ripped out.

Starting over
building trenches
while others are buried in them.
How can we justify starting over when others lives are over or struggling to stay alive?

The remorse we feel as we sit in a daze
hands tied for fear of genocide.

Barbarians stop at nothing bombing mothers and babies โ€ฆ.
our only hopes for our future.

The pain and suffering of this mad man canโ€™t be fathomed while we watch in disbelief.

This trickery of hell
While shaking in our boots, staying strong just waiting for relief.

We drag our bloodied bodies knowing truth will prevail.
We can not let them win and not soon enough theyโ€™ll fail.

They might take our homes and bodies but they can take our souls that carry on

weary and heartbroken these barbarians will have their day,

keep building Bridges of love and faith
raising our voices and opening our hearts and pockets.

Another hitler on the run, we never thought this day would come.

Our hearts continue holding bleeding hearts while repairing from the inside out.

We drag ourselves from the fire and through the tears we stand our ground in a war that should never have been.

Copyright ยฉ 2022 Cindy Georgakas

During these unspeakable times, I find it hard to feel deserving of building and reconstructing what i have been dreaming of for so long, while i watch others being destroyed in one fell swoop in the rubble and shambles. While our hearts ache, we must stay strong, keep our vision and love. Wishing you love and blessings as you hold both places of love and grief.

Love and Blessings,

๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ™

P.S.

If you are looking for ways to help, our friend David at Skeptic’s Kaddish is supporting his wife Margarita Gorodnitsky, in her efforts to send money to Ukraine, as am I. I personally don’t like to donate money on sites and am hesitant if things actually make it to the intended place and question if it is a secure site.

The big advantage of donating money through her is that it’s going directly to purchases for people in Kyiv that are being requested by the people in Kyiv that are friends and colleagues that she personally knows and talks to everyday.  While there are a lot of big organizations contributing to the cause, they often donate what they think people might need, rather than what people say they need.

Margo (Davidโ€™s wifeโ€™s nickname) is donating what people are requesting. She already purchased 32 first aid kits, which she sent to Kyiv with Ukrainian construction workers who were working in Israel and who chose to return home to fight… and further purchases will also be sent home with other Ukrainian construction workers working here in Israel who are flying home.

Thank you so much Margo!

Her PayPal information is the same as her email so feel free to reach out to her if you have any questions. margarita.gorodnitsky@gmail.com

Thank you, Cindy, for expressing so well what we all feel about the Ukraine. Shame only that we don’t have someone like Churchill here and now. Where would we be today if he didn’t declare the war on Germany?

Itโ€™s a heartbreaking situation.

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒป

Rhonda
Rhonda

Amen. Thank you for saying what we fel so well.

inspirechief

This unfathomable situation is hard to put into words for me. You did it perfectly. Thank you. Keep praying for peace ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿค—โค๏ธ

inspirechief

Much appreciated.

Love and blessings to you, Cindy! Iโ€™ve been through a bit of a dark night of the soul regarding this, and come to the conclusion that I canโ€™t let fear and despair rule my life – that way, the forces of darkness have already won! Hereโ€™s hoping for better times on the horizon ๐Ÿ™โค๏ธ

๐Ÿ™๐Ÿปโ˜ฎ๏ธโค๏ธ

inerro.land

Let dream come true, and let the dreams save the world โค๏ธ

inerro.land

โค๏ธ

Heartfelt poem Cindy โค

Resa

It’s heart breaking.

Resa

๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ˜ญ

vaniheart

Very heartfelt one cindy โค โ™ฅ

Infinite Living

Your picture feels very deeply meaningful, all feeling poet hearts are tender with shock and grief about this reality unfolding. So difficult to justify the disaprity in what we as humans get to live as blessings while watching the horror of others. Just breathing Gratitude in and out, and ways that our time here be fulfilling for ourselves and others – our planet needs all the peace, love and joy we can cultivate through our being and living. You expressed so deeply and beautifully in your poem, it helps me sit with the sentiments.

Well said, Cindy.

sloppy buddhist

hold both places of love and griefโ€ฆwonderful words Cindyโ€ฆ๐Ÿ•Š๐Ÿค๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›hedy

Such a touching and heartfelt poem, Cindy. Beautifully expressed, my friend. ๐Ÿ’•
“We drag our bloodied bodies knowing truth will prevail.
We can not let them win and not soon enough theyโ€™ll fail” ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ’•

You are so welcome. I sure did. My pleasure .๐Ÿ’•

poeticallyyours360

A grabbing reality, that so many Americans have not felt weight or the waging of being wiped out… That’s why so many Americans can afford to be petty, because they have no ideal of what it is like to be a race that is trying to be wiped out or a country one must flea…My clouds are your clouds…I did not plan on saying this much…but it is so moving to think all we have here and yet all we do is murmur and complain! Much love and respect for the tender heart you possess!

SMiLes Dear

In Bits And Bytes of the Records of What
Humans May Give BacK NoW More than they

Take For it is True i Am Consuming Little to No
Natural Resources Connecting to You Now so Free This Way

For It’s True Perhaps the Worker Bees of the World Will Continue

Laying Down Avenues That Create More Peace Than War my FRiEnD

As the Expense And Expanse of A High Definition Virtual Reality That Feels Nearly the

Same As Blood And Other Stuff on Our Own Soils And Souls of Humanity mY FRiEnD

Perhaps the
Taste of War

Will Finally

Feel More Like

Living Blood For All

Perhaps War Will Finally
Bring Global Inhales of Peace
And Exhales of Love We All Feel And
Sense Together as One Body and Blood of LoVE Worth Keeping my

FRiEnD SMiLes Dear FRiEnd i’ve Already Lost my Soul for 66 Months
Once i Have Enough Hope Coming Back to Life Now For the Rest of the World Indeed…

Yes, We These Giving Sharing Caring Healing Living Trees Spreading Leaves of Love

To Our

Last Breaths

Of Peace Now

And So Much More…

Thanks For your Very
Inspiring Soul Felt Poem

And Today, Since 3.10.2013,
Is actually The Date i Published
my First Blog Post on ‘Blogspot’ 9 Years
Ago Glad to Celebrate The Actual Day Again With You Dear FRiEnD..:)

SMiles Dear Cindy
Thanks So Much
Of Course i
Spent A 9th
Anniversary
Of Blogging
Dancing
Singing
Even
Freer
With SMiles
โ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿโค๏ธ

This poem is so appropriate, thoughtful, and emotive, Cindy. I wish it wasn’t so true.

Laleh Chini

Our hearts are with innocent people.๐Ÿฅบ

Laleh Chini

๐Ÿ’•

Oh my goodness Cindy, your expression through your prose is shared by so many of us. History continues to spin a new take on an old injustice. I can’t even watch the nightly news right now, because I think the lastest catastrophes from yesterday simply left me depleted.

But honey, I so agree with you that they may try to take what we have, our homes, our bodies, but they can’t take our souls unless we sell it to them…and that ain’t happening if we can help it. ๐Ÿคจ Your photo of contemplation with your remodeling project adds a special touch to your sentiments. Bravo girlfriend, but the truth hurts! ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ™

You ask very challenging questions in your poem. It is hard to see the destruction and the refugees, while we have a warm house and cozy bed. Well done, Cindy.

You are welcome!

A beautiful poem; is powerful and speaks to me of the deep love we hold for our fellow human beings in Ukraine. Sending them love, prayers, and blessings. Wonderfully poetry, Cindy. ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ

Full of so much emotion and truth, Cindy. Your words and your spirit are powerful! ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿป Bravo for sharing the word about Margo’s efforts – I emailed David yesterday, asking him if I could do the same thing. A wonderful community. โœ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’—

You are welcome. It is difficult, if not impossible, to feel complete joy when there is so much suffering in the world. It is our human obligation to show compassion and help in any way that we can. Thanks for sharing your light. Best to you. ๐Ÿค—๐ŸŒž

๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

Gibberish

Wonderfully penned as always Cindy…and something we all feel terrible about..war has never done good to anyone. How can this not be understood by the men in power is beyond me. Hope peace prevails soon โœŒ๏ธ๐Ÿ’–

Thanks so much, Cindy! I shared this on my Twitter account!

Much love,

Suvi K

“We drag ourselves from the fire and through the tears we stand our ground in a war that should never have been” this has made me emotional. Lovely piece ma’am, has my heart๐Ÿค—

Suvi K

It sure is, praying for everything to be resolved at the earliest๐Ÿซ‚

Suvi K

๐Ÿคž

Patricia Furstenberg

The force of your words is uplifting, Cindy. Mirroring what most of us are feeling.

Thank you for that personal pronoun written with a common small letter.

Patricia Furstenberg

I know just how you feel, Cindy. Hugs!
๐Ÿ’–

Such a profound poem so well composed, Cindy. Why this war and when will it end. We are all feeling very bad for the Ukrainian citizens. Hope all will stop in a few days. Lovely post.

You are always welcome Cindy and lots of love and hugs to you too dear.

โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Mike U.

Such a heart-wrenching poem. I felt every word of it. I myself feel as though I’m out of words in this trying time. Just numb. Thanks for speaking out, Cindy, and for providing the info for donations. We can stand together and do our best and hope it’s enough.

Lokesh Sastya

Your poem makes me realise โ€”

โ€œthey’re no difference of signs, languages, blood or identities, we are humans.

Killing a human is equal to killing ourself.

We should behave friendly. Afterall it return back to us, in several ways.โ€

Lokesh Sastya

Thank you so much. Please keep writing.โœจ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘

Truly a beautiful and thought provoking poem dear Cindy, another Hitler on the run indeed who would’ve thought we’d witness something we learned in History would’ve been much better if it remained History. Sending you much love my friend. โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

Prior

Prayers for Ukraine

VJ
VJ

It’s hard to maintain a balanced perspective, isn’t it? Be joyful for your new home and be compassionate for the strife overseas. It’s not either/or.

VJ
VJ

We’re all over the place, lol.

Lamittan Minsah

I felt my heart tinkling with great dread at the reading of this. It’s truly happening as we watch. I psychopath, a misanthrope, a bully, a … oh all the names for this goddamn bloody dictator, has decided to hold the heart of the whole world on his hands. It really pains me too, dear C. I stand with Ukrainians in prayer. May they emerge victorious. ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’–

Lamittan Minsah
Reply to  Lamittan Minsah

*a psychopath, a misanthrope…

Lamittan Minsah

Yes, sadly true. This man Putin and his cronies ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ™

Lamittan Minsah

Imagine! I too hoped that in this century such a whole-hearted acrimony and violence against a people was now only sellable in movies and history books; but now as it stands out, history repeats itself, and the unfortunate has returned and is here with us. Quite tormenting indeed! Much prayer and hope is needed here. ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ’–๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ™

What a beautiful poem on the war in the Ukraine. A heartfelt piece to a horrific war. I just keep praying that it will stop. I donโ€™t know where this will end but if it doesnโ€™t stop I think we all have an idea. Everything in Godโ€™s time and I donโ€™t know where things will stop but this is heartbreaking. Love you sweetheart. Big hugs and great writing. โค๏ธ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿ™

You are so very welcome my dear friend. These are crazy times indeed. Beautiful writing. Love and hugs back to you Cindy. Letโ€™s just keep praying it will end. Love you, Joni โค๏ธ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿฆ‹๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒป๐Ÿ™

I so appreciate your heartfelt words, Cindy. Agreed, it is difficult to think of what those poor people must be enduring and still carry on with life as usual here. You’ve done such a good job pouring your love and empathy onto the page. Love and prayers to the Ukraine & to you, my beautiful friend. ๐ŸŒž

You are so kind, Cindy, and I am so fortunate to receive your kindness regularly! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

Backatcha, sister! ๐ŸŒž

Love you too, girlie! ๐Ÿฅฐ๐ŸŒž๐Ÿ™

paeansunplugged

Heart breaking situation! Your poem expressed so deeply the anguish we all feel. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผโค๏ธ

Amit Singh
Amit Singh

Delicate heartfelt words Cindy! This is the unfortunate reality of war. In the end, truth will prevail but with the cost of everyday people’s lives. Hope the place does not become uninhabitable. I feel blessed to be in a safe place. We soldier on in our own way…
amit.

ishika mandelia

Beautifully penned โค I hope everything settles down soon and I hope just as everybody was helping Ukraine to fight, everybody will still be there helping Ukraine to stand back up and rebuild itself from the ruins.

Florinda armada
Florinda armada

In time soon hearts learn how to heal at slow phase and yet marks will un noticebly gone in due process,

love and blessings to you as well, Cindy as together we hold both places of love and grief as we keep hope alive for those who cannot right now.
We must do what they cannot.
Thanks for sharing. xoxoXO

School Of Universal Life!

It will suffice,
If humans can just be humans,
The pollution of human mind,
Is choking the humanity & this planet.

singhpiyush6089

Powerful words….and love and empathy is the answer.hate would only bring chaos .i hope people understand

Susi Bocks

This situation is horrific! My parents went through WW2, and growing up it’s been one bloody crisis after another. When will it end?!? Your piece echos many of my own thoughts, Cindy. Thank you.

My Rollercoaster Journey

The same thing is happening to Palestinians in Palestine, sadly…