It’s wise to use your mind and think,
pull out your map or compass when you’re lost, ask for directions,
follow the breadcrumbs on the trail,
avoid danger when you know it’s emanate,

But wiser to listen to your internal clock and messages that never steer you wrong.

Say YES, when it’s crystal clear, no when it isn’t and maybe when you don’t know.

Walk away from things that don’t feel right and towards yourself and cut your losses.

Let go of worry,
self doubt,
fear of failure,
fear of success which are man given constraints.

Life continues to give you new lessons of growth and opportunities.

You will make mistakes which are often the same ones over and over again, until you get it right.

But you will succeed!
So trust your gut and envision what you want.
Go now, follow your dreams and set fire to the wind beneath your sail.

Happy Monday Friends,

I hope you has a great weekend. Yesterday, I had a worker over and he said “I’m leaving be careful of the snake it’s about 6 feet long. I was prepared to find a boa constrictor the way he made it sound, and it was fairly long but skinny with beautiful markings and didn’t have a rattler which was a relief since my cats were ready to pounce it which did make me a bit nervous.

I emailed my friend Tim and he identified it as a Great Basin Gopher Snake and said:

“He’s not venomous. You can pick him up, I would start picking him up from the middle to see how he will react. If he doesn’t act aggressively then you can use both hands to pick him up giving him good support. Gopher snakes have teeth. If he bit you he would leave marks, but nothing serious. If I saw him I would pick him up and play with him before moving him to a safer spot.”

Let’s just say I trusted my gut and didn’t pick it up but don’t know where he went. It makes me remember when we sold our last house and our boa constrictor got loose and we sold our house as is. I still think of when it might show up and how big it must be 22 years later.

This is what I found when I looked it up:

Gophersnakes do not have venom that is dangerous to most humans. (Not sure what they mean by MOST humans 😂) Gohphersnakes are one of the most commonly seen snakes in California. Primarily active during the day, they are also active after sundown on hot days. They do keep the rattlesnake population down which was a surprising fun fact also.

I just told the contractors NOT to kill him if they see him today.

Don’t Kill Me Please! Without snakes, the number of prey species would increase to unnatural levels and destroy the stability of the ecosystem. Similarly, if a large number of snakes are killed, the predators that eat snakes will struggle to find food.Nov 16, 2020

Snake Symbolism & Spiritual Meanings Of Snakes

Snakes symbolize a variety of things: wisdom, protection, rebirth, fertility, healing, renewal, and primal energy. Just like snakes shed their skin, seeing a snake or dreaming of them is a sign of rebirth and renewal; they also symbolize the nurturing earth.

However, in many cultures, snakes have a dark meaning, often symbolizing evil, destruction, and temptation.

Let’s just say I’m going with the Spiritual Meaning unless it’s a rattler and then I stay clear.

See you Wednesday with a Published poem from MasticadoresUSA.

Blessings of Love and Laughter,

💖

4.5 2 votes

sloppy buddhist

Wonderful I always appreciate animal spirit meanings…happy Monday Cindy☺️☀️sending joy hedy

Beautiful post Cindy. i love very bit of it.

My pleasure hon. Have a beautiful day.

🌹🌺🌸❤️

Butterfly

Loved the intro…felt inspired thank you XD

Butterfly

😄

Butterfly

💕✨

Thank you, Cindy, very interesting to learn that you like snakes!! Anaconda?

msjadeli

I’m so happy you let the snake be and took the time to identify the snake and give the instructions not to harm. I see snakes around here from time to time and am always amazed at how quickly they move.

msjadeli

Yikes, I’m way more afraid of rats than any snake.

Beautiful post, dear Cindy…

You’re welcome Cindy ❤️✨

inerro.land

Very interesting, Cindy!

inerro.land

😘😘😘

Oh my God Cindy, I’m sorry I just couldn’t look at these photos. I can’t even look at snakes on TV because they leave an imprint in my mind. If I dream about a snake, the meaning is opposite for me, it’s about an enemy (whether I know them or not). I love, however, the empowering message you have delivered to our hungry souls…in spite of the 🐍🐍🐍 slithering creature.

Anywho Mommy Nature, have a FANtabulous day, and be careful out there girlfriend! Smooches! 🥰💋😘💖✨

Girl Cindy, sadly I am ophidiophobic. I think growing up in the south, we had some sneaky slithers that I came in close contact with. I knew how to high-tail my way out of the way! 😜 Around where I live now, if I don’t hear frogs, that indicates that some of our slithering residents are having a feast! LOL 😲

But seriously girl, I get it. 😍 We get wounded in so many ways and on so many levels. If we don’t let some stuff roll off of our backs, then we will be weighed down with the ills of the world. Nope…not today sistah! 😉 Tomorrow ain’t lookin’ too good either! LMBO 😜😆🤣😱😂

Cindy my girl, you are a riot! 😂😝🤭😆🤣 But yeah girl, if only the frogs would just hop a little faster before they ended up as the “Special of the Day” on the menu! Yikes!!! 🐸🐸🐸

Chris Adedoyin

Great message. Go after your dream. God wants you to be successful! On snake, in this part of the world where I live, seeing snake in a dream has a dark meaning. It means demons or agents of darkness are after you. Thanks for sharing a positive perspective.🙂

ChallEngEr

You’re courageous!
Nice of you to give information about it.a blessed week to you.💞

Homemaking in the Dunes

Snakes are the one thing I am extremely afraid of. I found a large one in my living room. I will say my life went through many profound changes.

Homemaking in the Dunes

It came up from my basement in Maine. I ended up adopting 2 KIDS moving across the country finishing a Master’s, AND GETTING MARRIED IN UNDER 5 YEARS

Homemaking in the Dunes

I was living in Maine. It came up from the basement some how. I ended up adopting 2 kids, moving across country, getting a Masters, and getting married.

As I mentioned, it’s a really beautiful snake. He would be fun to play with. Your boa constructor could be around still. My boa is 22 years old now. She’s around 9 feet long. I’ve have followers who couldn’t look at snake or spider photos I’ve posted.

You can see photos of my boa and read a cute story at: https://photos.tandlphotos.com/blog/2015/7/tales-from-my-youth-mark-16-18

Snakes trump all other subject matter. Spiders, also.

Spiders, snakes and centippedes need their own posts.

I thought you might enjoy it. You are welcome.

I saw our first rattlesnake of the season last week. Luckily, it was dead (someone had run it over) because it was a huge sucker. It was in the road in front of our property, so I wasn’t too sorry it was dead. It amazes me that a non-venomous snake can kill a venomous rattlesnake. The same with roadrunners. I would think the rattlesnake would be more than a match for a roadrunner.

I am terrified of snakes

Lokesh Sastya
Reply to  Sadje

See Cindy, I’m not alone here.😂😂

Lokesh Sastya

Maybe some day I want to get bitten by a snake.
But before I’ll makes sure to have it’s antidote. 😉

Thanks 😜

😍

💗

Beautiful poem Cindy! Always an animal lover❤❤

Most humans??? Snakes are definitely important to the environment it’s good you told them not to kill it. All these creatures play their part and are vital for balance.

Absolutely! ❤️

Beautiful snake, Cindy. I love snakes but most of my friends and family do not, so I have never owned one. Wonderful spiritual interpretation, rebirth is always good. Curious to know the story with the boa constrictor in your last house. Have a wonderful Monday, my friend .💕

That’s such a cute story, you should post about it. How cute that your daughter empathized with the snake at such a young age. Adorable.💕🥰💕

Oh no. My imagination is running wild. Looking forward to reading it.💕

💕🤣💕

Wise Hearted

My inner gut would have told me not to pick up any snake, wise choice. It is a pretty snake if one can find beauty in it. I cannot see snakes without thinking of the devil who came as a snake in the garden. I have always wondered if God created the snake then it took on the form of one of His creations and no longer walked on legs but ate dust all the rest of its life. Good post.

What a beautiful creature, Cindy! I enjoyed your post! <3

Lisa Mae ❤️

I wouldn’t have picked him up either… 😀

Lokesh Sastya

I fear snakes so much that I don’t want to see their pictures.😬

Sorry…I can’t review this poem.

Lokesh Sastya

You have asked a good question, Cindy.

1. Since childhood I have confronted snakes unknowingly.

It happened many times that I’m walking on a road, and a snake 🐍 just slipped through my way.

It makes you scarry. What if it could have bitten me?

I may have died. (fear of death from snakes).

2. We have a long history in our society that tells

— how dangerous it would be to handle a snake?
— how someone had died because of snake bite?
— and you should always stay away from snakes.

3. Bollywood has produced hundreds of movies based on Snakes interaction with humans.

“Ichhadhari naag (male snake) or nagin (female snake) can turn themselves into humans And reverse.”

Their story concept are not always true.

Some movies portray snakes dangerous, some show them human friendly.

4. No! I do not fear snakes if I’m safe.

Also, I’m not interested in disturbing their lives unnecessarily.

When I was in Navodaya school snakes usually get found in hostel dormitories.

These 30-40 boys gang up against one single snake.

Mostly they kill the snake, very badly. It’s quite sad.

In later years, the boys started calling a security guard who became famous as a ‘snake catcher’.

They take the snake away from hostel, to put safely it on it’s path, without harming.

How I overcome my fear of snakes?

I watched some positive human snakes interaction videos on YouTube.

They teach you how to respond when you find a snake in your house.

It gets tricky. But let’s agree that snakes, we, and all other human being want to freely live and enjoy their lives.

I fear snakes, I fear ghosts too. Slowly I’m trying to understand why I have a particular type of fear with/towards someone.

And how I can behave more friendly.

Thank you asking this question.
I’ll try to respond to such posts, in the future. 🙂

Lokesh Sastya

I don’t remember if he told us what he was preaching about, but Mark Chapter 16, Verse 18 comes to mind “…they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”

Frank @ Beach Walk Reflections

I wouldn’t call myself a snake fan, but hey – at least I respect them! Meanwhile, listening is so important in life … listening to others, our inner self, our spiritual side, nature, and probably even more. I’m sure I have listening on my possible future topics list for a beach walk.

no, Just no, I am terrified on snakes. Even looking at pictures terrifies and I can’t take the sight off of my mind.
I was always told that dreaming about snakes is about betrayal.
Unfortunately I have ingrained in my being since I was child that snakes are related to all negative.
I know better and still I don’ t know better.
I am glad that you see beautiful meaning in them.
Blessings to you!

Oh my gosh – the snake !
Yikes
And wonderful opening prose

Glad the snake was venomous

Meant was NOT
😩

❤️✨⭐️⭐️

Ping pong emojis?
😎☀️☀️☀️

Well I was kidding – remembering when you shared your story about Goff!
So I will sign off with this
🙏✌️🌸🌸🌸🌸

🙏❤️

Rivers Renewed

Absolutely wonderful. I’m hoping to shed my skin and start all over again. 🙂

Rivers Renewed

🙂

Wise and motivational writing, Cindy. 🙏🏻 That snake! At least it wasn’t venomous. Rattlesnakes are common in my neck of the woods. I stay aware of my surroundings, especially on the trails.

Thank you! Smart! It might be harmless, but I would not want to trip on that in my house! I have encountered rattlesnakes on the trails and in my yard – fortunately from a safe distance.

My advice is to love it from a distance. Why pick it up????

A lovely post with beautiful affirmations and reminders, dear Cindy. I see gardener snakes often on campus, yet like you, I just leave them be. They are super fun to watch though. Have a gorgeous week, my dear. 💖

You’re welcome, Cindy! Always. Ah, I completely understand the shedding, resonates here too. Thank you! 💖💖

Tricia Sankey

Wow! I suppose snakes have their purpose, since God made them, but I would like their purpose not to be in my yard! 😆I did dream about different snakes once and one was blue. I feel like it was a spiritual message. However, when Iooked it up there were so many different interpretations. We really do have to trust our own instincts in life and learn to develop our own intuition. Your words resonate!

Tricia Sankey

💓

~M
~M

I saw a woman removing a huge snake from our street the other day. She was carefully pulling it out of the road by it’s tail. I thought, “Man is she brave!” Lol…

~M
~M

She was… but maybe she knew what kind it was? It was probably at least 7ft. We’ve been swimming too, through the waves of Covid. 🙄🤐💖

~M

Foraging
And Hunting
Power Together
of Loving Cohesion
Yes To Make A Living
Actually Loving Life New
Together Now to Survive And Thrive..:)

Always my
Pleasure Dear
Cindy Yes in
DarK BRinGS
LiGHT
With
SMiLes☺️❤️🙌

❤️☺️🙌🏝🙏

Asghar ali

Nice

positivesideofcoin

Beautiful message in beautiful way 😊

💜 “Nobody likes “snakes” 🐍; now stay still.” ~ Morgana to King Arthur 🤴 🙌 ❤️ 🙏🏿 👏🏾 💙 🤴 in the movie 🎬 ‘King Arthur – Legend of the Sword’ directed by Guy Ritchie

…💛💚💙…

💎 – Diamond Hard – 💎

💎 Reportedly men, excreting in nature, sometimes get bitten by a snake 🐍 on their penis; perhaps in these cases a snake 🐍 misidentified a penis as a snake to be eaten or NOT!!!

💎 – Diamond Hard – 💎

…💎💎💎…

You had a boa constrictor??

Beautiful message to trust your intuition, Cindy. It will rarely lead us astray.
And I’m so glad you told the worker not to harm the snake. When they’re harmless, it’s better to just let them be. Live and let live. And omg, you lost a boa. Lol. Nice house-warming gift for the new owners. Yikes!

😀

What’s this you say about a Boa? You had one? It got away? Geesy, You got spunk, maám. I’m outta here. My instinct says, run. And I run.

And I’ve never seen such a gorgeous pattern on a snake. Gophersnakes?! wow. But even so, I would not pick that up. No thanks. I wouldn’t kill it (my killing days are over– I used to kill them when I found them in my yard which I always kept clean for my babies… I was a lioness looking over her babies, that’s why. Now I don’t see them. BAck to your subject– Boas, How did it get away?
All creatures have a purpose. I respect that. But snakes, make me cringe instinctively. Thanks for the post. You make sense. Only I am biased toward the subject matter. Forgive. I bless you.

A poem? Was there one? Just kidding, Cindy dearest. Oh, we noticed. We noticed! But those photos and mention of Boas and things distracted big time. Scared me big time, really. Forgive. Forgive 😊 🙏
Lovely poem, dear Cindy. I mean it wholeheartedly. Don’t scare me like this again. 😮‍💨 🐍 😱

Deeksha Bhardwaj

Wonderfully penned, Cindy! Such an important message for us. Thank you 😄✨💛

HAHA!! If I were you I probably would have left out the part about leaving the boa behind 22 years ago. Too late now, Cindy! 🐍 I was 😂 that gopher snakes do not have venom that is dangerous to most humans. What if I’m not like most humans? This is just one of the many reasons I love living in the suburbs of NY; I have nothing against snakes, etc as long as they stay out west or down south. Yep, definitely a city girl! 😎

You are too much, Cindy!! Love you how crack me up 😂 💕 🐍

Jaya Avendel

Learning to trust my gut is one of the hardest things I have done, because my mind gets in the way and tries to convince me it knows better. I feel it is a battle between instinct and intellect and knowing which one to trust in the moment is tough; I so loved reading your affirmative poem! <3

johncoyote

I was station in California for three years. The snakes were rarely seen. They were wise. They kept away from us. I enjoyed your words and thoughts Cindy.

johncoyote

Thank you, dear Cindy. I like the snakes. keep nature in line.

Stuart Danker

Listening to your messages is such an important thing to learn, especially when it comes to listening to your gut. I didn’t do this once, and paid the price for it, lol. And ever since then, I’d started listening more to my hunches.

I know that the majority of comments are going to be on the snake, but my main takeaway from this was a reminder to always trust in ourself. So thanks for this, Cindy!