Aim for what you want

Be grateful for everything

Love is the answer

Life is unpredictable as we know intimately, after experiencing the last 3 years. It always has been in actuality, but there is something about the compounded events that have arisen, that makes us even more aware of this truth. It’s left us in puddles of sadness, fear, upset, anger and shaking in our boots which is beyond comprehensible. There is no sense to make over the state of affairs, we continue to find ourselves in.

I am writing this from a warm spot as I sit on my couch, having no experience of what it means to miss a meal, loose a family member to gun violence, war, a child too soon that would rip my heart out and does when I hear about it. I never know how people find the resilience to carry on after such tragic losses, but they do in one way or another, broken, tormented and shaken, putting the pieces back together as best we can, fractured and forlorn one by one.

Of course we would never choose such losses and we have no idea how we will carry on when we are struck with them, but we do; never forgetting, but taking each day as it comes, turning it over to a higher power. One thing I have learned in my years is that no matter what we are going through in our life, we are stronger than anything that happens to us and we are never alone, no matter how alone we might feel.

So just for today, if we got up, we are lucky enough no matter what we are going through. Take a moment to be grateful for this moment. Quiet the mind and turn your fears, aches and pains, worry and concerns over to a higher power and love yourself and others around you. Listen to the little messages that might tug at you, that you have been ignoring and follow your hunches. Call someone that pops into your head and let them know you’re thinking of them, head to the woods for a walk, sing in the rain, write a letter to your congressmen and be part of the change, you want to see in the world.

Be the cat or the dog or the sun or the moon. Ollie says “what’s the problem”.

Life is Good!

As you know if you have been following me, we’re hoping to move into our new bedroom and bathroom on Friday for our Anniversary. I am an eternal optimist, so I’m still cracking the whip around here. Just yesterday, we finally got the back entrance door we have been waiting for in after they ordered one that was too big for the space prior to that. How many guys does it take to put up a door? Apparently 3. 3 guys were trying to hang it and struggling. I watched a few minutes and then said “hey guys, that is an outswing door”, not an inswing. They were grateful and I was grateful I was there before they changed the jam which would have been another do over. We had a laugh. I did say Love is the answer right? But of course I was shaking my head, thinking, what next? πŸ˜‚

I do love all of the finishes so far and am so grateful it is coming together the way I envisioned it. The question remains, will we be in for Friday on our Anniversary?

Here’s a sneak preview of where we are before you decide:

Will we make it for the 15th?

Have a wonderful Wednesday and I’ll see you on Fun Fri-Yayyyy. We’re almost there!

With Blessings, Love and Smiles Always All Days even when, or especially when, you are having a down day.

πŸ’–

Copyright Β© 2022 Cindy Georgakas

Thank you, Cindy , for the quote!

I love the haiku, Cindy! A very engaging and encouraging post! <3

Amen! Cindy, if we got up today, by that alone.. we are blessed. Thank you for your encouraging post.

Thank you. And your posts are blessings to me as well. Thanks again my friend.

πŸ™

Cindy, first of all, thank you so very much for this encouraging message you’ve given us today. Secondly, your renovations are coming along superbly. I have to say that I have not seen a medicine cabinet in newer renovations or in years. What a “throwback” delight. Our house was not built with any, so we resort to storing our medicinal stuff in our cabinets in the bathroom, or in the big cabinets in our laundry room. πŸ˜²πŸ’ŠπŸ©Ί

Now girlfriend, should they not complete your renovations by your anniversary, don’t fret because everything is coming together beautifully, and you don’t want anyone rushing and doing any shortcuts just to hit your due date. I love your features in your video and I can tell you are so excited to see the progress. Love it Mommy Nature! Hugs and smooches Dawwwwlinkkkkk! πŸ₯°πŸ₯‚πŸ€©πŸ’‹πŸŒžπŸŒΉπŸ˜ŠπŸ’–πŸ€—πŸŒΊπŸ˜˜

There ya go girlfriend. I love the practical way you look at the reality of it all. πŸ€” You must post a before and after picture when it’s all done! Pinky promise? πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ€žπŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

Now my dear, get you some R&R. I know that is easier said than done but I trust you can do it! πŸ€£πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚ We don’t need for you to pass out with exhaustion before the Grand Reveal!!! πŸ˜ŽπŸ›πŸ›πŸš½πŸšΏπŸ˜ Love ya dawwwwlinkkkkk! πŸ˜˜πŸ’‹πŸ˜˜

It looks awesome. I hope it gets finished on time.

You’re most welcome! πŸ™πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

Love this post, Cindy. Wonderful haiku. I believe that feeling grateful attracts blessings. This is coming along beautifully so airy and bright. Love it.πŸ’•

So welcome. Crossing my fingers for you.πŸ’•πŸ€žπŸ»πŸ’•

πŸ’•

Sheila β€œSpiral Sister” Murrey

When I read, β€œlose a family member to gun violence” for sure, I thought you were reading my mind! Gasp!! Yes, this happened a few days ago to me and my family. 😳😭

Sheila β€œSpiral Sister” Murrey

Thank you, Cindy. And love to you and your family too. β€οΈπŸ˜­πŸ™

Aakanksha Pundir

Thank you so much for your words. 🀍

Lovely post Cindy. So motivating and inspiring words so well composed and written. 😊😊😊😊😊

You are always welcome dear friend Cindy. Lovely post. Keep it going. 😊😊😊

❀️❀️❀️❀️

πŸ’–πŸ’–

abvr

Lovely post, brought together by a famous quote. The best part for me as you suggest is to quiet the mind. I have to work with something as tangible that in moments of deep crisis. It helps in the day to day as well. Most times i would break down when I’m called upon to be strong. I never wanted that medal and could never really frame it. Still life throws you the lemons and for sure you going to squeeze and not allow it to rot. Suck on it, something will come, something must give. Life has been immeasurably difficult for many people. The last 3 years had a knock on effect, we fell terribly and we are struggling to get back on our feet. So the lemons, we keep squeezing and continue believing in the healing. Grace abounds, one has to trust that Grace abounds. Everyday we are see the wonder in big and small miracles. We are alive, we are still here, so we hold on tight. Keep our loved ones close, this love gives one the strength to carry on, count the blessings daily and name them one by one. I love the ritual.
Grace has been good to you.
Much blessings with the project. There seems to be quite a bit of work before the 15th and I hope everything will be picobello by then. Warm congratulations in advance for your anniversary and thank you for sharing and encouraging us through your thoughts.

abvr

Ah that is such a lovely thought thank you Cindy. I will consider, but these expressed feelings of mine really flowed through your words and thoughts. They belong here.

So we do, thank you, more sweetly put, in faith and love, they cover us with immense joy and the needed power. Happiness is with us. Our lives together are precious. Family love grounds us. It is a treasure not to be alone in these difficult times everyone is going through.
Truth is we carry on, we are alive and we must do the living. God is always good to us.
I count my blessings, thank you.πŸ’›

Lol, well then all I can say I’m pretty sure the work will see completion before the 15th with your approach Have fun and enjoy. πŸŽŠπŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌπŸŽŠ the celebration.

abvr

You are most welcome Cindy, thank you for your blessed response. It warms the heart. πŸ™πŸΌ

πŸ˜‚, with your supervision looks like all the loose ends will be tied up before D-Day, which is tomorrow πŸ˜‚πŸ™πŸΌ. Thank you, have a great Friday tooπŸ’›πŸ™πŸΌ

abvr

Lol, another challenge on your hands πŸ˜‚. I live in hope with you that the hands will be sufficient to meet the need. Good luck Cindy. πŸ’›πŸ’›

abvr

You are welcome πŸ™‚πŸ’–

Life is indeed unpredictable, you never know all the twist and turns it takes.
Oooo I love your new room already, all the tiles and darn so excited to see the tub. You said it wrong dear Cindy it actually took 3 guys and 1 woman’s brain to to put up a door, they’d be lost without you. 😁😁
Hoping and praying it gets done before your anniversary. ❀️❀️

So true, the body gets drained those days.
One should never underestimate the power of a woman 😜 You can always edit hehe… 😁
You’re most welcome dear Cindy and please do share your tub, so excited to see how it turns out and also Happy anniversary in advance, wishing you lots of happiness and may you both always be blessed by the One above. ❀️❀️❀️

Laiba Khalid

Beautiful ❀

Laiba Khalid

My pleasure❀

Gottfried

In my past life, I was really handy with construction

Your bathroom looks gorgeous. I hope the video wasn’t taken this morning, though. If it was, I’d say no – you won’t be in by Friday. Glad you saved the day with your knowledge of doors, my friend. LOL!

If you’re ok, I’m ok! πŸ™‚

LOL all over the date the bathroom might or might not get done. So funny! I hope you get it sooner than later. It is a gorgeous room. The tile is stunning.

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle. There she is. Did it work?

Miriam Hurdle

Your bathroom is gorgeous. Good choice of the tile for the wall. Lovely post, Cindy. We have a lot to be thankful for, each day. <3

Miriam Hurdle

We used ceramic also for both bathrooms. The one downstairs was a major renovation and cost me two cars’ worth. I think I got ripped off. But the guy was a friend of my husband’s best friend.

Miriam Hurdle

It’s not a good idea to do business with friends. I want to keep friends as friends. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

paeansunplugged

So much to be grateful for despite the occasional setbacks! Love your attitude, love the haiku, Cindy. Whether it gets done by your anniversary or not, it is coming together beautifully. πŸ’–πŸ’–

πŸ’œ Actually, the Reverse is TRUE!!! EveryOne; for example when have YOU!!! Ever Been DisAppointed by a Pleasant Surprise πŸ€” ?

…πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™…

πŸ’Ž – Diamond Hard – – πŸ’Ž

πŸ’Ž I Wanna Die EveryOne; but I AM NOT!!! Allowed To Die, Go Figure EveryBody

πŸ’Ž – Diamond Hard – πŸ’Ž

…πŸ’ŽπŸ’ŽπŸ’Ž…

Fingers crossed for the Friday Anniversary bathroom bonanza, Cindy: it’s looking good so far 🀩

thereluctantpoet

OMG Cindy!!! I’m so In Love with this piece of Yours! It is by far and away the best I’ve read! I so loved the intimate openness you shared while displaying your big and tender heart – and such empathy!! Awesome how you covered almost every major trauma imaginable! I just loved this so much!!! A lot of inspiration here too???
πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜˜πŸ’–πŸ’•πŸŒΉ

Saima.SK

A constructive post, Cindy πŸ’•Empowering!! Loved reading it, words do have a positive impact. And Again, Best of Luck for the renovation project to complete soon on time, as you wish.πŸ™‚

Saima.SK

Course He
was a little
Bitty Santa
Claus Looking

Dude hehe Almost Could
Imagine Him Being Rudolph
With Only A Red Nose That Way HAha…

Anyway the Day 9/11 Happened That i Likely

Prepared me

So Well For What
Comes After That in the Real World Now
Keep SMiLing Dear Cindy As There’s Always
A Beautiful Full Buck Super Moon to Enjoy on A Romantic
Camping Night in The Great Outdoors of Southern California
For Every Anniversary of Love That comes either Inside or Out With SMiLes…

Yes Relax Like Ollie the Cat An Outdoor and Indoor Cat Life i’m Sure Ollie Enjoys too!

Meanwhile i’m Planting FRedwoods With a Full Super Moon Size ‘Rack’ HeHE with Laughs..;)

Oh God Yes! i Love

Hear Dear FRiEnD❀️☺️

literaryscribe

Beautifully said, Cindy!

literaryscribe

Of course! ^_^

ivor20

I adore your “strong” quote Cindy … and I can totally relate to that situation … when Carole first contracted her bad MS, I thought there is no way I’m capable of being her “carer” …well 30 years later … I am amazed with how well I coped … “love finds a way” .. πŸ’•πŸŒπŸ€—

ivor20

Thank you Cindy .. I appreciate your thoughtfulness and kind words πŸ’œπŸŒ

ivor20

Oh .. gee .. thanks … πŸ˜€πŸ˜πŸŒπŸ’›

β€œno matter what we are going through in our life, we are stronger than anything that happens to us and we are never alone, no matter how alone we might feel.” Love this with all of my heart. Gorgeous post, my dear. ❀️😘

You’re welcome, Cindy. Always. πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ™

Beautifully written glad it’s all coming together.and is so lovely just perfect. Gratitude is an attitude .where attention goes energy flows.πŸ˜‡β€οΈπŸ€—πŸ₯°πŸ˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’πŸ‘πŸ₯‚πŸ‘°β€β™‚οΈπŸ€΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈHappy anniversary πŸ’•

Bharath Upendra

An optimist with a whip? I’m scared.

mysteriousalien2

Its such a beautiful post Cindy. Definitely you are more than strong if you are willing to do it.πŸ’•πŸ˜

Maria

Insightful post Cindy!
Thanks for sharing.

Eugenia

Thank you for the uplifting post and I love the quote! πŸ’–

The post is inspiring and moving on in life is very important. I agree with your thoughts πŸ’•

Couldn’t agree more with everything you said! We, too, are so blessed; one might say we’re living a charmed life. Sure, we’ve had our share of accidents, surgeries, aches and pains but nothing remotely close to have your heart ripped out of your chest. Thank God for watching out for us. Your reno is looking great, girl! An outlet in the med cab; I never!! Thanks for sharing the vid and that fantastic quote. Here’s a little inspiration to help you keep whipping those guys into shape. Gotta show em who’s boss, Cindy G! πŸ’•πŸ˜‚πŸ€—πŸŒΉπŸ”Œ https://youtu.be/j_QLzthSkfM

🀣🀣🀣

The bathroom is coming along! Looking gorgeous! You will enjoy that. 🚿 Your post delivers a comforting and lovely message this morning. Thank you, Cindy. πŸ’—

Why would you? 😁 Thank you! Wishing you the same. πŸ’–

SRT News Admin

Beautiful quote… beautiful post😊

SRT News Admin

πŸ’“πŸ˜ŠπŸ™

Every single moment is a blessing…such lovely sharing, Cindy βœ¨β€οΈπŸ’«

“be part of the change, you want to see in the world” The only possible solution, Cindy. If enough of us do, there will be a tipping point in favor of a better tomorrow. And sometimes, I envy the cat who can happily sleep through it all. Having some one that loves them certainly helps. Good luck on your room. Happy Anniversary! πŸ™‚ –Curt

indianeskitchen

My mom always says, β€œIf I wake up and can put my feet on the floor it’s a good day.” Good luck getting the bathroom done on time!!! Happy early anniversary Cindy. ❀️

~M
~M

Have a happy anniversary. Hope you get to move in tomorrow. πŸ™‚

Oh, how doors open and close! Hope the anniversary deadline is met. Still in step -away mode. Just catching up on reads. Happy Friday My Friend.

Stay Smiling.

πŸ˜‡

Cheers. Have a beautiful day My Friend.

Happy Sunday My Friend.

So beautiful haiku and inspiring quote in this uplifting post. I agree, Cindy, life is unpredictable. Hope renovation is complete by now. Happy anniversary πŸŽ‰πŸ’πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‡πŸ’–

You’re welcome, Cindy! All the best πŸ‘πŸ’πŸ’–

You are so right and I am so excited to see your finished bedroom and bathroom! I feel like I’m part of the whole construction journey now πŸ˜‚

What a lovely post, Cindy. We are blessed beyond measure, and it is so important to keep that in mind always! 🌞

stelorafedie101blog

Great quote to live by.

stelorafedie101blog

You’re most welcome!🌸

stelorafedie101blog

πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°

Isiaka Sodiq
Reply to  stelorafedie101blog

Alright nice to meet you

stelorafedie101blog
Reply to  Isiaka Sodiq

Nice to meet you here too.

stelorafedie101blog

You’re most welcome🌈πŸ₯°πŸŒΈ

stelorafedie101blog
Reply to  Isiaka Sodiq

Nice to meet you here too!

Jaya Avendel

I love your opening lines, Cindy, and connect with so much about what you say, especially as expressed in the quote on not knowing how strong we are until being strong is our only choice . . . <3

calmkate

Very wise outlook Cindy, some of us are indeed very blessed!

Hope your renovation finishes on time … and if not it will happen soon after. I’ve painted my kitchen cupboards a nice bright yellow, liked it so much I did a lounge wall in the same shade and will add a couple of spectacular dragonfly canvases soon πŸ™‚

calmkate

yes nice and cheerful πŸ™‚

A’donstar1006

Great post love the swing door part, had me laughing too!

Mary Anne Abdo

Loved your words of encouragement and reminding us to be grateful. We have so much to be thankful for in this.