Grandmaster William Chen

Good Morning my Friends,

As I’m writing this morning there is a light rain which isn’t much but the first mist we’ve gotten for quite some time so I’m thrilled. Especially since we are having our daughters welcome party for her wedding here in just 7 weeks and everything is dry as a bone.

I’ve studied Tai Chi for the past 15 years and I love it. It is a place where I find inner resources to ground and root which is needed more than ever these days. Living in a construction zone, prepping for a wedding, revamping our yard (I haven’t told you about that… yet ๐Ÿ˜ฑ) and getting ready to start the other side of the house in a couple of weeks while continuing to work has been nothing short of hair raising, especially with the mistakes that keep continuing daily.

Tai Chi, yoga, meditation, walking, writing and hanging with my 4 legged furry friends is my sanity.

Our friend Dawn wrote an amazing piece on Tai Chi recently which I highly recommend. Take a peek here if you get a chance.

I was really excited to share my private training session with Grandmaster William Chen when I was in New York a few years ago but sadly I may have lost the article I wrote when I switched from Constant Contact to Mailchimp. I’ll keep looking for it however. I study Yang Style Short form and he is a legend in the world of Tai Chi. I’m looking forward to returning sometime this next year to study with him again. He is astounding on every level. If you ever get the chance to take a class with him and have the desire, hurry as he is getting up there in age but I expect he will live into his 100’s.

I received a newsletter from a teacher Michael Gilman who has been studying for 50 years and I loved his words and got permission from him to share them with you. Thank you so much Michael. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Monday Morning Tai Chi Training Tip # 377Summer House Thoughts

As I have shared with you in the past, I so enjoy sitting on the top of the outbuilding, at our house, which we call the Summer House, feeding the Stellar Jays, and letting my thoughts run around like the squirrels and bunnies. After 50 years of full time Tai Chi practice and study, thoughts sometimes pop into my head, from where, I sometimes don’t have any idea. Here are a few from this week, and I think they are interesting enough to stimulate you to let your own mind explore where it wanders to.ย โ€œMost of the time, when I start a round of Tai Chi, I realize that today is the first day of the rest of my life.โ€ย โ€œI am everything I am not.โ€ Think about that.โ€œJust as our Tai Chi forms move slowly and steadily from beginning to end, so does our life. We know the ending of the form, not the ending of our life. Possibly it never ends, just keeps evolving to rarer and rarer dimensions.โ€โ€œUp Right and Be Right Make All Right.โ€ Up Right means to use the physical to elevate the spirit. Be Right refers to stimulating the emotional body. Make All Right means combining the body, mind, and spirit to attain higher state of consciousness.โ€œA person should be judged not by what they have, but what they give. A smile is worth a lot.โ€โ€œConfidence comes from competence. Competence comes from practice.โ€โ€œYou don’t own a gift until you’ve thanked the giver.โ€ I just sent a special gift to someone and I never heard back, not even to let me know if they have received it. Bad form. I had a wealthy relative who always sent me very generous gifts. When my mother passed away, I was 9 years old and I then stopped sending thank you notes. She stopped sending me gifts and she cut me out of her will. I learned my lessons on thanking.ย โ€œย Balance is perhaps the major philosophical as well as physical idea in Tai Chi. Wasn’t it Michele Obama who said, when speaking of bullies, โ€œ When others go low, we go high.โ€โ€œJust as you โ€œcan’t judge a book by its coverโ€, you can’t judge a Tai Chi player by his or her outward appearance. You have no idea of where they are coming from or where they are headed.

Have a blessed week!

๐Ÿ’–

Copyright ยฉ 2022 Cindy Georgakas

11 minutes of Tai Chi
5 1 vote

aparna12
aparna12

Very interesting article on Tai Chi. Loved reading it. โ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธ๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน

Thank you, Cindy, for you essay on Tai Chi, very interesting. I wrote about it once when I underlined the wellbeing of those who are practicing this ancient sport.
With everything you are doing, you will live forever, Cindy!

Frank @ Beach Walk Reflections

Cheers to your commitment and to the good life it brings. Hope all is well.

This is remarkable Cindy. I wish I had the capacity and opportunity to learn tai chi. But Iโ€™m so impressed with your dedication.

Youโ€™re welcome! I will when I am in a mental space to learn it. Thanks

That’s wonderful , Cindy. I have wanted to try Tai Chi for years and do not know where to begin. Have heard great things about it. Btw we share the same sanity, minus Tai Chi and adding bellydancing for me “Tai Chi, yoga, meditation, walking, writing and hanging with my 4 legged furry friends is my sanity”๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ’•

Always a pleasure, dear Cindy. Will definitely check Terry Dunn out. Thanks for the referring his video. Have a fabulous day, my friend.๐Ÿ’•

Enjoyed your rich and seasoned thoughts from your quiet time looking out from the summer home – oh was this a great read today, Cindy!

Wow! You are an ardent tai chi follower!

Aha! The reason for your beauty

Oh my gosh Cindy, I love the art of Tai Chi as well, although I have not participated in a class to learn the aesthetics of this artform. โ˜ฏ๐Ÿฅ‹โ˜ฏ I know Dawn appreciates you mentioning her post. She explains the exercise superbly. Just before the pandemic, I found a studio that taught it but due to COVID many things were cancelled or postponed. I am so impressed by the execution of each movement. I look forward to engaging in a class one day. Thanks for sharing some special moments Cindy my dear! Enjoy the rest of your week. ๐Ÿคฉ๐ŸŒบ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ˜˜

Thank you for the recommendation Cindy. I appreciate your energy dawwwwlinkkkkk!!! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ๐Ÿฅฐ Hugs and smooches! ๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’–

I receive that Cindy dawwwwlinkkkkk!!! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿ˜˜๐ŸŽˆ๐Ÿ˜

robbiesinspiration

Hi Cindy, I am glad you have tai chi to help you to help you relax. I have never tried anything like this, or even meditation. I do know lots of bloggers who benefit from it though.

SMiles Dear Cindy The Great Work You Do Bringing

on Moving Meditation Whatever Form You Teach

What i Do Know, Feel, And Sense is This is a Practice
of FRiEnDS With Gravity Fortunately Never Truly Fully

Mastered a best
Part of Existence
is Change and Always
A Potential to Evolve And Grow More mY FRiEnD…

SMiLes For me at Least Every Move and Word Only
A Beginning

For A
Beginner
mY FRiEnD

Me HAha

It Will Only
‘slight’ me Personally
if someone called me
A Master of Any Thing in Life…

Only A Continuing Student of Existence i Am

How Boring that Will Be to me at least Hehe

Bound in A Book A Cover With No WHere to Wing Free..:)

Cindy So Happy

Thanks Dear
Cindy Itโ€™s
Really not
Huge Hehe
๐Ÿ˜œ โค๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ

Mary K. Doyle

I love tai chi. It is like giving myself a massage.

Bravo to you, Cindy, for studying and practicing Tai Chi for fifteen years. That is fantastic! I have some experience with it and find it incredibly grounding and calming. It is also beautiful to watch. ๐Ÿ’—

Yes, absolutely. I could use a Tai Chi class right now.

Thank you so much for mentioning me, Cindy! I appreciate it. My husband really likes the Qigong breath work. It seems to help him with his asthma. It is amazing how much good can come out of such simple movements as in T’ai Chi. Have a great day!

Sheila โ€œSpiral Sisterโ€ Murrey

Love that, though sad about the person being โ€œcut outโ€ of a will. Oh, but that does happen! I practice living in Gratitude DAILY, and say โ€œThank Youโ€ even more than may be expected! ๐Ÿ™

Athousandbitsofpaper

I would love to learn Tai Chi Cindy, we have no teachers or groups in our area. Is there anything online I could follow that you would recommend?

Tricia Sankey

I have heard great things about Tai Chai, it’s probably better than sitting and eating ice-cream when frazzled! ๐Ÿ˜†Btw, your video at the bottom says its set to private if you didn’t know.

Tricia Sankey

๐Ÿ’–

Tricia Sankey

Great ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’“

Tricia Sankey

๐Ÿ’—๐ŸŒธI don’t want to miss a video!!๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ’—

Poet of the Light

As a martial artist, I’ve always had a desire to study Qigong Tai Chi privately and in person for a multiple reasons, but never found the right teacher, at the right time ( not that there is a wrong time), or the right location. I’m glad you enjoy it so well.

Poet of the Light

Thanks for the info. As for me, I can be a bit pedantic and I donโ€™t do much online wise until I feel I met the right level. I may still get there one day.

literaryscribe

Wow, it’s wonderful to hear the valuable role Tai Chi has played in your life. It always sounded like a great way to relax and practice mindfulness.

literaryscribe

Ooooh, I will definitely think about it. Thanks for the advice. ^_^

literaryscribe

^_^

As I was telling Daw when she did a Tai Chi post. When I was doing karate and kickboxing, the master would have us do Tai Chi now and then. I hated it. Like yoga, it doesn’t mix well with ADHD.

I’d like to get into Tai Chi. It is something I can do as age advances. Thanks for sharing the information from Michael Gillman.

๐Ÿ’œ A ‘Bully’ is Damaged EveryOne, for Me “Tai Chi” is not Defence, it’s Reflecting Perception of a Persons Perceived Strengths back at them; it’s a Great Method of Assisting a ‘Bully’ to Turn Their Perceived Strengths InSide then they Rage, Break Down, Crying…something No “Tai Chi’ Practitioner takes JOY!!! in; but it Paves The Way to Resolving The Bullies Multiple Mental Health Issues (MMHI) EveryBody

…๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™…

๐Ÿ’œ Thank YOU!!! for YOUR!!! Kind Words and YOU!!! ARE Most Welcome ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฟ ๐Ÿค— โ˜บ๏ธ ๐Ÿ˜Š ๐Ÿ™Œ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฟ SupaSoulSis; it’s a Pleasure ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฟ โ˜บ๏ธ ๐Ÿ˜Š ๐Ÿค— ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿพ ๐Ÿ”ฅ ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฟ

…๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™…

Miriam Hurdle

Wow, 15 years is a long time studying Tai chi. Cindy! But then it shouldn’t be surprised when it becomes part of your life. My sister did Tai Chi regularly. She posted her demonstration on Facebook and I saved it. She was good. (She died three years ago). She was also a ballroom dance instructor and continued to have ballroom dance birthday parties with her dancing friends.

Miriam Hurdle

It’s an art great for the mind and soul, Cindy. My sister had a wonderful life. ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

A lovely post, my dearest Cindy. Though Iโ€™ve not taken Tai Chi before, it is a class weโ€™ve offered for years, and it is beloved by those that take it. โค๏ธ

Wow, this was so informative! Perfect start for my day

M Jay Dixit

Hi Cindy, great to see you again. I loved that article which you shared, I knew very less about Tai Chi, thought they were just exercises. Very insightful post. Keep rocking! ~ Jay

Cindy, thank you for sharing this. You have exposed me to other ways of exercising. Thanks, Keith

Bharath Upendra

I was reading Ikigai this morning and it has a section about Tai chi and a few movements. Slow mo dance moves, I should say. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Francochuks

This is for me๐Ÿ˜Š
Starting in ernest ๐Ÿค
๐Ÿง˜๐Ÿง˜๐Ÿง˜

Very beautiful and interesting topic on Tai Chi. Keeps the mind and body at complete ease and peace. Thanks a lot for your lovely post. Happy week ahead dear Cindy โค๏ธ

Wow, you always have so much going on I have no idea how you handle it all! Also fifteen years studying Tai Chi is amazing. It sounds so wonderful ๐Ÿค—

Such a beautiful message and my dear Cindy you truly are an inspiration. ๐Ÿ’•
Weddings just 7 weeks away ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Wishing you the best in all your preps. โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

Enitan droyalgodess

Beautiful to read

I love your zest for life, Cindy. You will probably live into your 100s as well. Let’s hope so. ๐Ÿ™‚

Move it Monday? Can it be Thursday already ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ how did that happen ๐Ÿ˜… So exciting that the wedding is in 7 weeksโ€ฆmy niece gets married in September too โค๏ธ Tai Chi sounds like an excellent idea for me! ๐Ÿ™

๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ™โญ๏ธ๐Ÿ‘Œ

I had heard and read about Tai Chi, but this interesting post of yours is an eye opener for me. I know and practise yoga and meditation, but not this art. Bravo, Cindy ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ™

frankgphotography
3 hours ago

Greetings, these exercises look so good I really need to get into the practice. I’m used to regular strength training but I like this method, thanks for the detail explanation and demonstration.