Photo by Shelby Miller on Unsplash

Love Marks the Spot

I stitch each memory in strands of gold into my heart glowing in pink snow as it hits the window pane the day you were born.

Pensive, ethereal , bright as the diamond you wear on your hand with indigo blue, rock solid in all that you do.

The room stood still as you entered the room just like now as you walk down the aisle in your gown.

Life, never the same by your stamp of approval.

Touched by an angel, your essence so pure, each methodical word filled with intention and choice defines you.

My heart beat for you for a time as I held you in my womb and then my arms,

Each coo and kiss filled my heart and still does with such wonder.

Time moves swiftly as I recall all of your firsts, talking in sentences, dropping you off on your first day of school, t-ball, ice skating, basketball, dance lessons……the list goes on and on.

Then holding your hand and letting it go when you left home and made your mark on the world with your pink hue that turns everything to gold.

Each strand of your essence is woven through my heart and soul, together no matter the distance.

A beautiful bride, daughter, granddaughter, sister, niece, friend and now wife.

The world is your oyster as you travel the world together as husband and wife, hand in hand two puzzle pieces walking hand in hand as you travel through life.

Happy Fri-Yay Funday Everyone,

Pictures say 1,000 words so I thought I would just leave you with those today so you can feel the love behind the words. One of the biggest take homes from this wedding and couple of my daughter and son in law, is that you can feel their love when you look at them interact together. Whoever is in their presence always says takes notice. It truly is magical in every sense of the word ~ a love story straight out of the fairy tale books, we all hope to find.

With that said, this couple has taken no short cuts in examining each others strengths and shortcomings, work on issues that arise and continue to do the daily work to love each other unconditionally, always clearing the air and finding the best in each other.

It is as though they just meant for the first time but it’s been 14 years that they have been together. We can all learn a lot from them. When he told me he wanted to “marry my daughter” I just said “are you sure you want to rush into anything?” 🀣❣️ With a chuckle and a hug I gave him my approval and blessings.

If we could all remember these first moments and hold on to the love we felt and work on that each and everyday more marriages would have a better chance of realizing this spiritual union of unconditional love.

The morning of getting ready….

One the wedding day…

Lot’s of pictures I know and lots more I couldn’t transfer from heic to jpeg I wanted to add today. I think they changed something so I couldn’t get my usual transfer to work.

And this was a moment I will never forget and am most grateful to my husband for. It truly touched me deeply. Some of you may have seen it on my Instagram story but I just had to share it with you here as well.

I’m elated to tell you that I won Publication of the Month on Spillwords Press, New York. Thank you to Spillwords for the nomination and to all of you. It is such an honor and I am truly blessed by all of you for the time you took to vote for my poem Memories of You. If you missed it you can read it here. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Have a wonderful Fri-Yay and weekending. Thank you for sharing in the love of the day and all of your lovely wishes you have been so gracious to give through the build up of this day. I am off to the lake for the first time in a year for some R & R. The happy couple is in Africa right now having an amazing time. I wanted to share some of their photos but they are in heic too so I can’t upload them.

Love and Blessings Always,

πŸ’—

SultangΓΌl AyyΔ±ldΔ±z

😍😍

Paula Light

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your joy and these lovely photos πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

ChallEngEr

I feel and see your love as you pour out your heart in that poem.She is a beautiful bride and I too wish her all the happiness πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—

My beautiful Cindy. Lots of love and congratulations from the bottom of my heart. Beautiful day. Beautiful poem. Beautiful achievement. Sending huge hugs. I am still looking for pic where I can better see that your poem is Publication of the Month.
Enjoy your weekend hon. Love you.

My pleasure Cindy. Love you with all my heart ❀️🌺🌸

❀️❀️❀️❀️

Happy Friyayyyy, Cindy. What a gorgeous wedding. Everyone looks so amazing, your daughter made a beautiful bride. This poem really touched me, my friend, so heartfelt and moving. Congratulations on the well deserved Publication of the Month. Much love and success to you.πŸ’•

My pleasure, Cindy. Have a wonderful weekend too.πŸ’•

πŸ’•πŸ™πŸ’•

Just beautiful and heartwarming, Cindy πŸ₯° I love both of your dresses! And huge congratulations for Spillwords πŸŽ‰

As for the HEIC thing, I’ve found I can get around that by uploading photos to WP media via the WP app πŸ’•

Congratulations on the wedded events going beautifully (from the looks of the Fabulous photos..)πŸ₯°
Congratulations on the Spillwords Publication of the Month.✍️
Awesomeness. You are so blessed. Peace to you Cindy.πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

You are very welcome Cindy. Thank you.πŸ₯°

Jewish Young Professional "JYP"

Congratulations! So happy for you!

Annette Rochelle Aben

Thank you for sharing all this love! Wishing every blessing upon their heads.

Thank you, Cindy, for the view of the wonderful wedding!

Beautiful poem Cindy! Loved the photos

But I still wanna see more photosπŸ˜…

Jane Aguiar

Congratulations on your daughter’s wedding and publication of the month on the Spillword , Cindy. Your daughter looks amazing. Wow beautiful family dance.❀️

Jane Aguiar

You’re always welcome, Cindy! I know, whatever we capture in our eyes becomes our sweet memories and that is our wealth. Yes, the family dance and your dresses were beautifulπŸ’ž

Jane Aguiar

You are always welcome, Cindy! πŸ’– I can understand feelings.πŸ‘πŸ»

Jane Aguiar

Most welcome, Cindy! πŸ’–

Lia
Lia

Beautiful poem, post, bride, mom and guests, and so wonderful to see all the photos. Congrats and wow the sweet vid at the end shows the love so clearly. So kind and lovely. Great and generous share, Cindy, loved it very much.

Aww. What a gorgeous poem and beautiful beautiful photos, Cindy. I loved the dance with the three of you too, and all the laughter in the background. And congrats on your spillwords win too. I’m sooo relieved that my inability to vote didn’t matter. Huge hugs.

Narayan Kaudinya

What a beautiful ceremony dear Cindy. Lovely poem. And such joy in seeing images that looked like togetherness. Love to you and family ❀

Narayan Kaudinya

πŸŒ±πŸ™‚

Dancing the night away. What fun.

Big congratulations on the wedding and on winning Publication of the Month! I love your poetry and it’s so well deserved! 😊

You are so welcome! πŸ’•

Tricia Sankey

Such gorgeous pictures!! Your poem and that video of the dance really moved me, so heartwarming, you win the internet today!! πŸ’“πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ₯‚

Tricia Sankey

πŸ’“

I find the love and emotion, be it in your poem, pictures and video. Congratulations, Cindy and your family for this gorgeous wedding. Wishing all the best to new couple. And congratulations to you for the Spillwords publication. Have a great weekend πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ’β€οΈ

Always welcome, Cindy πŸ’–

πŸ˜ŠπŸ’πŸ’–πŸ™

~M
~M

You look so pretty, Cindy. 😍

Aaysid

So happy for you, Cindy! Congratulations! This post is full of all things lovely!❀😊

Aaysid

My pleasure.😊😊

literaryscribe

Awww, so many happy memories. Congratulations on your daughter’s wedding! They look so happy together. Best wishes on their life together.

literaryscribe

Awesome!

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Loved the photos and video. Looks like it was a great day. You must be very proud. Hope you’re feeling better.

Loved the photos and the video. Guess you all had a wonderful day. Hope you’re feeling better. Have a Happy Restful Recovery Weekend.

Patrick Cole

Beautiful, beautiful and inspiring. Thank you for sharing.

Congratulations on both the wedding of your daughter, and how beautiful everyone looks. I am so happy for all of you. Also a big congratulations on your publication and win at Spillwords. What a wonderful day all the way around. Love Joni

Valerie Cullers

So beautiful! Lovely photos, it must have been a wonderful wedding!

A beautiful poetic tribute to your daughter, from the beginning to the present, as your growing family now embarks on the journey of a lifetime. Wonderfully written, dear Cindy, and thank you also for sharing these beautiful, happy wedding photographs! πŸ“·πŸ’–

A beautiful post in every way. So happy for your daughter, the pics are amazing. Your poem is lovely, and congratulations from the bottom of my heart on the Spillwords honor. You deserve it, my dear. Happy weekend, Cindy! πŸ’–

You’re welcome, my dear. Supporting and knowing you, is a joy, always! Thank you. πŸ’–

Laleh Chini

Congratulations dearest Cindy have a beautiful weekend.❀️❀️❀️

Laleh Chini

πŸ’•

Amber

Wow what a gorgeous wedding! Thank you for sharing with us Cindy. Your daughter is beautiful. I’m glad everyone enjoyed themselves. Beautiful πŸ€©πŸ’•βœ¨

Amber

πŸ’ž

Such a beautifully written story of such a special couple. It is so true that the love they share when they look at each other is beyond comparison. It totally fills the heart of the observer.The wedding was truly fabulous and you looked beautiful as well.so much love filled the entire celebration. β€οΈπŸ™πŸ€—πŸ’•

SMiles Dear Cindy One Sure Sign A Wedding Will Make
A Marriage That Lasts is Good Humor When There is
A Wardrobe Malfunction When the Bride is Dancing

With Her Father Hehe It Made Your Recent

Award Winning Published Poem

Even More Appropriate Thanks Goodness
The Straps That Came Off Were Mostly Cosmetic

With Additional Underlying Support So Glad to Hear They

Have Been Together 14 Years As i’ve Seen Too Many ‘Royal
Weddings’ End in Divorce Way too Soon Like my Second Stepmother’s
(Yes i Had more than one) Husband Whose Daughter Waited Many Years
For Marriage As He Had to Go into Much Debt for Her Wedding That my Second Stepmother
Eventually Paid For As He Died Not too Long After That And Yeah the Marriage Lasted A Year

(He Was A Foreign Service Diplomat; Nope, He Surely Wasn’t Raised in A Trailer Hehe)

And Of Course one of the Main Reasons Marriages Don’t Last is the Expectations of Fairy
Tale Like Love And Folks Not Willing to Forgive The Transgressions of Humanity Such

A SHaDoWeD
Species No Matter
What the Pomp And
Circumstance Is We Create

Oh By The Way the Closest Parts
of Your Family Look Stunning Absolutely
Presidential And i Don’t Mean That With A Cuss
Word That Starts With An Orange T Hehe As That

Would Ruin Any Ricky Nelson Garden Party Haha Kinda
Like me Who Showed Up at my 40th Year Class Reunion
in 2018 With Tie Dyed Led Zeppelin Shirt With the Fallen Angel
Back From 1975 And Shorts of Course As That Didn’t Warrant Pants to me…

Happy to See Everyone Dancing So Joyfully And Free in the YouTube Short

the Have’s of the Neighborhood to Pick Some Moist Fruit As There was no
Food or Water or Electricity in Their Home in this Rich Country of the World

And True They Weren’t Even Immigrants They Escaped From Georgia
Without Even Tying A Yellow Ribbon Around An Oak Tree It Was More

Like the Devil Went Down
to Georgia And They Escaped
And That’s About ‘IT’ in A Nutshell indeed…

(She Doesn’t Even Need to Celebrate Halloween
As She Already Did it For Real Just Like ‘The Shining’)

The Thing is it Doesn’t Really Take Much to make my
Wife Happy And Really It’s even less for me practically
Naked Enough Whole Complete Yet True Community Standards

Require that i at Least Wear Tye Died Shirts and Shorts At Garden Party’s Indeed
At the 10 Year Re-Union i Was the Most Uptight Person There Same At the 20 Year
Reunion At 40 there was no one on Earth More Relaxed Than me as i Was the Devil

Who Got Out
of Hell in Florida…

Fallen Angel Indeed
Oh to Wear Wings Again…

Yet It’s True A Real Fairy Tale
Happened out of DarK iNto Light

Oldest Story Ever Beauty and The Beast
And That Damned Sure Still Holds True New
Now FuLLY iLLuSTRaTED As i Do it For Real Too…

Thanks For Sharing Dear Cindy it is the Art We BRing DarK Thru
LiGHT That Resurrects Feelings and Sense of Real Life that is the Best…

Indeed Celebrate
Every Wardrobe
Malfunction in
Life With Zest in Gusto True

Always BreaKinG the Formalities
Down to Essence of BREaTHiNG
PeaceFuL LoVinG LiVinG Faith For Real…

i Do Feel And Sense That In All The Dance You Shared
Looking Past All the Formalities Thank God Dear FRiEnD..:)

Pleasure Dear Cindy
Am So
Impressed
With The
Family You CreateπŸ™Œβ˜ΊοΈβ€οΈ

Very Welcome
Dear Cindy

Oh my goodness Cindy, I simply don’t know where to begin my love. First, let me congratulate you on your honor that you received from Spillwords Press for winning Publication of the Month! You go girlfriend. So proud of you. πŸ€—πŸ¦‹πŸ₯°πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜ But your daughter’s wedding was fabulous and those moments in your newly renovated area through those french doors were simply breathtaking. Your daughter looked so beautiful. πŸ‘°πŸΌπŸ’–πŸ€΅πŸΌ

And girlfriend, your dress was amazing. You looked FANtabulous my sweet Mommy Nature! I loved the awwww’s that came from the audience when the three of you were waltzing on the floor. Girl, this post was like a warm balm to my soul. Get some much needed rest my dawwwwlinkkkkk!I am pooped from just trying to process all of this fabulousness! Hugs and smooches sweetie pie!!! πŸ₯³πŸ’‹πŸ˜˜

Thanks for making me smile for my evening Cindy. I would say I don’t believe you about singing for your dress…I’ve heard singing for your supper, but because it is you, girlfriend I put nothing past you! 🀭🎡😍 You are simply the BEST! I truly love your energy my EverReady Energizer Bunny! Enjoy your evening stroll! πŸšΆπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸΆπŸšΆπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ

Alright girlfriend, don’t get me to crying over here. You are more generous than you know my dear friend. Hugs and smooches. Enjoy the rest of your beautiful weekend dawwwwlinkkkkk! πŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ₯‚πŸ’ƒπŸ½

I receive that Cindy, and thank you dawwwlinkkkkk! HUGS AND SMOOCHES! πŸ˜˜πŸ’–πŸ€—πŸ’‹πŸ₯°βœ¨πŸ˜

Gorgeous girl, gorgeous dress, and what a fun ceremony! I love the poem you wrote for her, it is chock full of love & pride. I am thrilled for you, Cindy. Happiness always to them. And kudos for publication of the month! Your talent amazes me! Enjoy your R & R, my beautiful friend! 🌞

πŸ’›πŸŒžπŸ’›

Congratulations, Cindy! – first, on your beautiful daughter’s wedding, and secondly, on winning Publication of the Month on Spillwords. I am so happy for you!

ivor20

Wow … thank you for your marvelously beautiful poem, and for the gorgeous wedding photos … memories are flooding my keyboard as I am crying tears of joy all the way through your magnificent article … Cheers, Cindy to you and your lovely family from Ivor in Geelong … today(Sat) me and Frankie will go down to the Box Office Cafe, on Pakington St and enjoy ourselves … here is a dear friend of mine, Terry Fielding, singing his lovely song “Pakington St”

ivor20

We are just back from a lovely outing to Pakington St (Pako) and the Box Office Cafe … and we had lots of sunshine … when I see Terry next I shall pass on your kind praise for his song … ((Hugs)) πŸ˜πŸ’•πŸ₯‚

ivor20

Yes I will Cindy… he’ll be home from golf by now πŸŒπŸ€—πŸŽΌ

Gorgeous, Cindy. Everything, people, location, dance, smiles, dresses. Fourteen years, Wow. They look like a lovely couple. Congratulations.

Abundant beauty and love in your post, Cindy. Wonderful! πŸ’ž Gorgeous photos and touching words. Congratulations to you and your family. πŸ₯‚

Rivers Renewed

What a beautiful family!! Congratulations to the bride and groom.

Rivers Renewed

Blessings to you.

Warren Richards

A lovely bride is she, a wonderful life to be. Through the heart of a poet, a heartfelt poem for thee. Two hearts wedded, the journey to eternity! A lovely share, Cindy!

The Scribbling Dad

Fab. Congratulations 🎊

Cynni Pixy

Wow what a great post and congratulations πŸ₯‚!
Such lovely memories captured in video and stills… β™₯
And also congrats on your achievement! Well deserved for sure. 😊

Cynni Pixy

You’re very welcome and it’s well deserved!

Ranjana

Lovely pictures, Cindy. God bless the beautiful couple with a lifetime of happiness. πŸŽ‰πŸ’

DEVANG UPADHYAYA

Awww this is sweet!!
Thanks for sharing this. It brings joy to me.
I wish the best to the newly weds.

Thattamma C.G Menon

So fascinating article with so much love ✍️❀️ and β€œCongratulations To The Newly Weds β€œπŸ’πŸ’•πŸŽ‰

Thattamma C.G Menon

You dear always welcome and thankful for sharing
Gorgeous wedding photos to view beautiful 🀩 πŸ™πŸŒ·

Thattamma C.G Menon

😊β™₯οΈπŸ‘πŸŒ·

Poetry Goddess - Luna B

Just gracefully magnifique

Poetry Goddess - Luna B

Your welcome!

Poetry Goddess - Luna B

❀❀❀

Doer Mindset

Congrats to the bride and groom!! The pictures looks super lovely. Awwww, The father daughter dance put tears in my eyes!! This song “I loved her first” is so touching

Gospelroad#66
Gospelroad#66

What a beautiful master piece of writing! I certainly felt the love behind those words! God bless