happy young asian lady smiling and riding bike on street

Good Monday Morning/Evening and Happy Move On Monday,

You won’t be finding me on the front or the back of motorcycle but maybe an electric bike with a helmet in the right conditions. I thought if nothing else this picture might grab your attention to remind you to get off your duff and move if you haven’t been lately.

How you move for your body type, condition, age, circumstances etc is crucial to maintain proper body mechanics and conditioning and adhere to a daily routine of movement.

M ove on Monday

O pen to whatever comes your way.

N ever give up hope.

D o what you say you will do.

A lways do your best and have gratitude.

Y ay you’ve got this!

And do it again tomorrow.

I’ve been working with arthritis in my hip joint and what appears to be Adhesive capsulitis of my hip joint as well. I have had X-rays and am working of strengthening the muscles around the hip and creating more mobility in the joint without over stretching. It is trial and error and with persistence and the proper care I’m getting relief and strength. Feel free to share this with friends if you know others that have a similar condition.

MOVE IT OR LOSE IT!

Adhesive capsulitis of the hip (ACH) is a rare clinical entity. Similar to adhesive capsulitis of the shoulder, ACH is characterized by a painful decrease in active and passive range of motion as synovial inflammation in the acute stages of the disease progresses to capsular fibrosis in the chronic stages.

Hip osteoarthritis is typically caused by wear and tear related to aging and worsens over time. The breakdown of cartilage leads to pain and inflammation. Hip osteoarthritis may develop faster in some people due to irregular shape of the bones forming the hip joint.

While this is in no way intended to diagnose what condition you are suffering with and should see a P.T. or doctor to diagnose your issue, this is what I have found helps me.

Keep moving and please let me know if you find this helps you in anyway.

If nothing else movement keeps serotonin levels higher and increase the “feel good” sensations and we can all use a little more of that in our day.

Treatment:

The below is taken from Very Well Health. Click here for the entire article.

There is no “gold standard” treatment for frozen hip. Using the R.I.C.E. method of rest, ice, compression, and elevation is usually the first line of treatment, especially when you are experiencing hip pain but are unsure why.

There are many potential treatment options for frozen hip, including:

• Manual manipulation by a doctor of osteopathic medicine or physical therapist
  • Pressure dilation
  • Use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications (NSAIDs)
  • Physical therapy
  • Corticosteroid injection
  • Synovectomy
  • Arthroscopic surgery
  • Capsulectomy

However, most cases resolve on their own or after conservative treatment.

Is Surgery an Option?

Surgery is not often considered until after repeated failures of conservative therapy or refractory pain and stiffness. Surgery is usually not performed except for severe cases that involve hip capsule contracture.1

Medication

Over-the-counter (OTC) anti-inflammatories like ibuprofen (Motrin and Advil), Naproxen (Aleve), or high-dose aspirin are commonly used to treat pain and inflammation. In some cases, your healthcare provider may prescribe stronger pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory drugs.

Physical Therapy

A physical therapist may start an exercise program focused on increasing your range of motion to preserve as much mobility of the hip as possible. Common exercises include stretching and core strengthening.

Massage is also used as a pain-relieving technique during the acute stages of frozen hip and throughout your time in physical therapy.

If your condition progresses to the chronic stages, your intervention will focus on decreasing the progression of fibrotic changes in the hip and regaining range of motion through more aggressive physical therapy tactics like pressure dilation and gentle stretching.

If exercises or stretches during physical therapy are too painful to complete, tell your physical therapist so they can modify or create a plan that works best for you.

Prevention and Coping

There aren’t any hard and fast rules you can follow to prevent frozen hips, but healthy eating, exercise, and stretching may help. Frozen hip is more common in people with diabetes and hypothyroidism, possibly because those conditions involve abnormalities of the endocrine system, which work to regulate inflammation in the body.

Frozen hip can be an extremely painful and debilitating condition. To help alleviate pain:

• Use OTC anti-inflammatory medication.
  • Eat an anti-inflammatory diet.
  • Attend physical therapy.

Some people even say a warm shower and gentle stretching in the morning has helped them to cope physically and mentally. No matter what stage of the disease you are in, know that most cases resolve within 18 months.

Copyright © 2022 Cindy Georgakas

A Word From VeryWell

If you are diagnosed with frozen hip, know that resolution of your symptoms is possible. If you are experiencing additional symptoms, such as fever or joint pain, your diagnosis is unlikely to be frozen hip, and you should seek immediate medical attention.

As For Me:

As for me I am starting back on Anti-Inflammatory foods and vitamins such as turmeric, MSM, Glucosamine Sulfite with Chondroitin, topicals and using my hand held LED light that penetrates 4-6 inches deep reducing inflammation. I use it in my practice as well.

Have a wonderful week ahead!

❤️

Copyright © 2022 Cindy Georgakas

Sheila “Spiral Sister” Murrey

I love red light therapy as well, Cindy! I love that you use it, as well as other non-invasive methods. I just watched a gal on a zoom last night talking about somatic stretch and the 6 main points we can hold on the body to release seemingly unrelated pain. Do you do that? Meredith Sands Keator is her name.

ACH is no fun. Hopefully you can work through it with PT. Otherwise, you might become a bionic woman. One of our staff who is my age just had a knee replaced.

She getting along well. She has to go out to California next week because her daughter messed up her knee playing football, is having surgery and needs her mother.

kenhume31

Good advice Cindy with your Monday acrostic! 👍👌 Movement; exercise in whatever form they come are crucial to keeping the body in good working order and feeling better about yourself. 👍😁

Thank you Cindy for sharing your personal journey. Very encouraging. I appreciate your wise advice…to keep moving to help with joint problems. I believe in that as well. Glad to hear that you are feeling better through your wise regimen. And a wonderful week to you.

Thank you for Cindy. Namaste 🙏

paeansunplugged

Your Monday acrostic is just the right motivation at the start of the week.
Cindy, thanks for sharing your journey through pain to healing. Good advice, take care, my friend and let’s get moving! ❤️❤️

paeansunplugged

You are welcome, Cindy. Your energy is very infectious and I have a feeling you will be doing all those flips and twists some time soon in future. Stay motivated. 💖

*hug*

no, no… I was just quoting your blog post – I was expressing concern for you, Cindy <3 ~ I'm totally fine!

Sorry to hear about the hip. Take good care of yourself My Friend. Stay Active. Stay Positive.

That’s great. Happy Tuesday.

Cheers.

🕺

Happy Monday, Cindy. Thank you so much for the motivating video, featuring Ollie. Love the acrostic poem. 💕🙏💕

Truly my pleasure, dear Cindy. Ollie is adorable.💕

💕🙏💕

💕🙏💕

Good day my Energizer Bunny. 🐇 You know, I am embarrassed to say that I never heard of Adhesive capsulitis of the hip (ACH). Girlfriend, our bodies remind us of how “young” we really are don’t they? 😝

But watching your video, (while I was sitting down I was using my stationary bike and cycling and stretching), reminded me of all of that extreme exercising I used to do, that I no longer can do. I have to commend you on your amazing balance! Girlfriend I would never think you had any type of ailment from the way you move. 🏋🏼‍♀️🤸🏼‍♀️🚴🏼‍♀️ You inspire me Mommy Nature. I see that Ollie couldn’t let you get all of the attention! 😹🙀😻

Take care of yourself and thank you for the reminder to avoid resorting to a sedentary way of life. Nope, not for me!!! Hugs and smooches dawwwlinkkkk!!!

Oh girl, I know you’ll take care of yourself. You just simply amaze me with the burst of energy you exude as you continue to move onward. Can’t keep my FUNyah Cindaaayyy down!

I love your encouragement you spill on us, and I am right there with you (even if I walk like the old-man character Tim Conway played on the Carol Burnett Show). 👨🏼‍🦳😲👴🏼

But girlfriend, you got that swanky spatub, that’s ready for you to “spa it away!” So enjoy the rest of your evening Mommy Nature. Be safe. Hugs, love and smooches! 🥰💋😘💖😊

Oh no, not the contractors again. Let them know that you will send them the bill for your therapy after they finish! LOL 😂😝🤣 Stay well my sweet friend. Ciao baby!!! 😍💐🤗💖🥰

So what you’re saying Cindaaaayyyyy is…no pole dancing for you??? 😲🤣😝😂😁

Oh girl, are you getting your “freak” on with your hubbie as Ollie sits and watches??? 😲 LOL My, my, my!!! 🥰😘😍

WOW girlfriend, thank you for letting me know about the alerts on your post. You certainly have quite an engaging audience girlfriend. I love it! 😍💖🥰 No wonder you don’t have time to check all of your comments. You are such a rock star!!! Glad to be in your orbit!!! 😊🙏🏼🤗💖😍

Thank you Cindy for everything you’ve done and for all that you do. 🙏🏼 I am truly humbled by those you have introduced me to and those new connections I dearly appreciate meeting through you. See why I love you so much, not for what you do, but for who you are! My FUNyay Cindaaaaayyyyy!!! 😘💖😍

😭😭😭 Cindy my girl, I can’t follow that message. Once again I am verklempt, but I am truly grateful for your love and friendship. AMEN!!! 😘💖🤗✨🤩

🤣😝😂

S Greene

Thank you so much for sharing this! Though I don’t have Frozen hip, my horse, Lukka, had something similar to it due to arthritis. She’s currently on MSM, Glucosamine, and Cosequin ASU supplements, and she is acting like a child again! What a wonderful thing joint supplements do for both us and our furry friends ❤️

S Greene

It is so so important! My dad always told me that you have nothing if you don’t have your health, so I try to stay as healthy as I can! 😊

S Greene

You’re very welcome! Thank you for the informative post! It really does help to keep us in top shape and health!

S Greene

Thank you so much for the kind words ❤️ it was so hard to lose my dad. We were so very close to the point where people would call me his junior.

Lukka is doing so much better than she was, and the fly mask isn’t as terrorized haha 😂

All the best for your speeding recovery! Joint diseases can be lifelong but with right measure, quality of life improves

valenciartist

I have had several injuries to my joints and back over the years and the results are arthritis, so I try to walk every day and exercise regularly to maintain strength and mobility. It’s better than painkillers. Best of luck Cindy, I understand.

valenciartist

A pleasure Cindy. 😊🙏😊

This is a really helpful article, Cindy. I was shocked to find that I couldn’t even stretch like you have shown in the picture when I first started exercising my bad leg. Then I found out I couldn’t do it with the other leg either. I had to use a chair to force it up so I could grab my shin with my short arms (blame them). Then I could slide my hand slowly down to my ankle. But it was a very awkward stance. So much so that I quit doing it right away. So you have reminded me. I need to get back to it.

The chair worked fine. I don’t think I have enough upper arm strength to pull my leg up high enough to grab it with my other hand using a towel. My arms are not very limber either – never have been. I can come within about 18-20 inches of my fingers touching behind my back. When I was 10 I remember trying to learn to do the splits. I had to put my leg on my desk, and stretch down to touch my head to my knee. I bounced around like that for hours then I could do the splits front to back. I never could do them sideways. 🙂 It never bothered me until I thought I wanted to be one of those dancing grandmas at 80. I’ve got a few years to work into it, though.

I tried it using the chair to get me started again this afternoon. It worked. I had to grab my pant leg on my bad leg and man handle my leg into submission, but it worked. I’m back in business!

Loved the video. Xoxoxoxo ox and the Monday poem XoXo

DEVANG UPADHYAYA

Thanks for sharing this!
I’ve learnt something new.
Also, love the video. I would love to embed the video with a blog based on such topic, if you allow. 😃
Overall this blog is well written, and I love the information shared by you.

DEVANG UPADHYAYA

I love it. Really enjoyed reading it 😁
This blog is useful and teaching a new thing to me. I would love to learn about it further.

DEVANG UPADHYAYA

And you please take care 🙂
Wishing the best for you
Shine 🌟

Sorry to read you are dealing with hip issues, Cindy. Healing wishes for you. Great post! Thank you for the information. A few months ago, I switched out my desk for a standing desk. I revolted at first, but I have adapted and benefitted from it. 👍🏻

You are welcome, Cindy. It is from Cosco. I will message you photo as soon as I can.

I was trying to find the one I bought online but wasn’t able to locate the exact one. There are several options; I am sure you will find one to your liking. Assembly required. 🤪 The desk has been a helpful change. Now I need an absorbent mat under my feet. 😁

No trouble at all. Isn’t that the truth. Never ending projects and tasks! 😆

Thattamma C.G Menon

Today’s so fascinating post and very inspiring video 🌷🙏👍🏻very nice to see dear your exercise and
the explanations very interesting 👍🏻😊 will try sure !! Your cat is so cute and lovely ☺️ Thank you for
sharing this lovely video and grace wishes dear friend 🌷🙏♥️🌷

Thattamma C.G Menon

Yes, I love your Ollie 🐈 and your perfect exercise performance 🎭
Really I enjoyed so much and sending love you and your cute Ollie 🙏♥️

Thattamma C.G Menon

🌹🙏💓🥰:)

Thattamma C.G Menon

🙂 🥰

💜 Three Things Struck Me about this post EveryOne; please Be Offended if Desired EveryBody:

💎 – Diamond Hard – 💎

💎 1. I Can’t Figure Out if it’s Black Knickers or Pubic Hair with the Lady on The Bike
💎 2. A smile goes a long way to Supporting the AutoImmune System and Health as Opposed to a Focus on Stress and Pressure
💎 3. A happy person in a wheelchair, on crutches et al, is worth engaging with; much better than Engaging with a Sad Person experiencing Munchausen Syndrome when They ARE Perfectly Healthy

…have a Good Day; or a Bad Day…

💎 – Diamond Hard – 💎

…💎💎💎…

💜 “3 “means a disabled person is happier than any able-bodied or abled-minded person; because ???…

…💛💚💙…

💜 YOU!!! ARE Most Welcome 🙏🏿 🤗 ☺️ 😊 🙌 😀 🙏🏿 SupaSoulSis; it’s tough “Getting” a Persons Thought Processes, Very Well Done

…💛💚💙…

Vidah

Happy monday, Cindy.
Wish you speedy recovery!

aparna12
aparna12

Excellent, very useful and highly informative post, dear Cindy. Thank you for sharing. 😊😊😊♥️♥️♥️

Lamittan Minsah

Thanks for the enlightment. And really my prayers are with you, dear C. Glad you identified the situation early and you’re trying all you can to nip it in the bud. It’s always a pleasure coming by your informative posts. Many thanks for this great show of kindness, for always taking your time to write. ❤❤

Lamittan Minsah

Indeed. You, my friend, are most welcome. Always. 💕💖💕

Ranjana

Mobility is so important at any age. For my generation and for the coming generation that spends so much time sitting in front of the laptop or bending forward scrolling through mobile, the losing mobility is easy. Though I don’t know much about ACH but I often help my mom, who is 75 year old, practice some of these stretches while she is sitting on the couch. You have got nice flat back and balance is good. I am inspired by how positive all your posts are. Keep moving and inspiring us. 😘

Such A Well Presented Play Dear

Oh to Move
Oh to Breathe
Oh to Live in
Balance Dance Song Free

Without “Dead Butt Syndrome” Indeed
And Yes It’s Really An Identified Disorder
From Sitting Still in Front of A Screen WAY too Much too..:)

Hehe Thanks Dear Cindy

As “They” Say Hehe
🕺✍️ ❤️ ☺️🙏 i Sing

Do
Dance
More Free🌊

Isamapeace

This post bid goodbye to monday blues

Yes yes, just a lot going on in school
Thanks for asking auntie ❤

💎 – Diamond Hard – 💎

💎 It’s funny really EveryOne; how we have NO IDEA!!! who We Really ARE EveryBody

💎 – Diamond Hard – 💎

nisi mortuus nec neque nolite vicit 🤭🤫🤐

… 💎💎💎…

The Sicilian Storyteller

I need this! Perfect timing, Cindy G!! 🌟

Very informative post, Cindy! I had heard about RICE therapy. Mostly people use painkillers and physiotherapy, but your wise tips are quite motivating. Have a beautiful week ahead 😊💖💐

Always a pleasure 😊💖

Jacqui Murray

This is perfect for me, Cindy. My hips have gotten worse over the last few months! Following..

Jacqui Murray

🙂 forgot to tick ‘subscribe’!

HI Cindy,
There is so much great information here. I am going to save to read it again later. I struggle with hip pain. Without my morning stretches I am nobody. I will add some of your to my routine now.
Thank you and blessings to you!

Everybody I’ve known who had arthritis has told me – “Keep moving!” I have arthritis in my left knee, and it really aches sometimes. But I keep walking, no matter what.

robbiesinspiration

Hi Cindy, I am sorry to read about this condition. I do believe you have mentioned it before on your blog. Why does surgery not help if it is aging and wear and tear related. My mom has had both her hips replaced and it helped her a lot.

Baydreamer - Lauren Scott

Perfect words of encouragement, Cindy, and I hope you continue to get relief. As we get older, our bodies sure do yell at us sometimes, don’t they? And ironically, my husband and I love our relaxing motorcycle rides, which we’ll continue along with backpacking for as long as our bodies give us a gentle nod of approval. One year at a time. 🙂
Take good care and thanks for the motivation. 💞

Baydreamer - Lauren Scott

💞

I’m thrilled to read there is some relief for you in the hip area. Lovely post, my dear. 💞

You’re welcome, Cindy! Indeed, and agreed. 😁 Always. ❤️

Literary Revelations Publishing House

Wonderful and inspiring hon. Please take care of yourself.

Literary Revelations Publishing House

My pleasure hon. I hope I will always be your friend. That will make me happy. Love you.

Literary Revelations Publishing House

My pleasure hon.

Stuart Danker

What a timely post since I’m dealing with either hip bursitis or IT band syndrome, since I have this pain that starts at my hip joint and radiates down my knee. I usually suffer from one ache or another, thanks to martial arts, but this one’s been chronic. I’ve been stretching my hip flexors too, like in your vid, along with other butt stretches like pigeon. Here’s to getting better!

Thank you for your motivational poem Cindy. I hope you get over your hip pain my dear friend. Take lots of care

🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

My mum has osteoporosis so forwarding her this post. Take good care of yourself!

I’ll tell her and thanks!

Sorry to hear your having hip trouble, Cindy – hope you are managing to work through it. I need to take care as I’ve noticed all my joints are a bit creaky since entering me-no-pause…😅 💖 💕

Exercise is very good for the body and to keep us active. Thanks for sharing your personal journey 💓

Always welcome dear Cindy. Your posts are so uplifting. Thanks a lot 😊😊😊😊

calmkate

ouch sounds painful, glad you are taking steps to increase your mobility!

calmkate

I am most grateful for my good health!

An interesting post! Sorry to hear you are having hip issues. No fun at all!

Conny

I’m sorry to hear about your painful condition. I hope that the inflammatory diet and supplements do their job. Light therapy is an interesting option! I’ve heard good things about it.

Sewa

I love this ❤️💯

Qonyike

Motivational Monday 🙏🏾❤️, Best wishes on your healing journey ✨

Kanchan Balodi

I absolutely loved how you talked about moving our body and talking of arthritis. The new definition of Monday surely going to be in my head . Very informative post!

Oluwatobi