This was a poem shared by our Spiritual Rap leader, the last time we gathered together and I thought it appropriate to share it with you as we move into Giving Thanks during the Thanksgiving holiday. While I know winter is fast approaching, let us savor the final moments where the colors show their beauty and crunch under our feet, while our blessings are magnified by the richness of sharing and caring.

I am particularly grateful to each of you who take your precious time to show up and support me in my journey and it is my honor to visit you and support you in yours. Most of us have never met in person but our connection is always rich with caring hearts and love. It truly has been a gift to me and I feel blessed beyond measure by the gift of your visits and comments, rich writing and care which is stitched into the inner fiber of my being. I learn from each and everyone of you daily and to me learning is part of growing, expanding and living life to its fullest, until we take our last breath, so I thank you from the deepest part of my heart.

We are reading Braiding Sweetgrass in our S.R. group which is so rich in beautiful poetic dialogue, that I feel like I am almost sitting with her having tea. The rich collection of stories and indigenous wisdom written and curated by Dr. Robin Wall Kimmerer is a gift to the senses. What I particularly love about it is that I can flip to any page and find insight and wisdom without having to follow an order. Many of our friends have posted incredible reviews on their blogs.

My kids are flying in starting tomorrow night and with the contractors in full action, finishing electrical and insulation, it’s questionable I will be here much. We have 20 coming here for dinner so I will be fully immersed in cooking, moving furniture, work, etc to accommodate our ever expanding group. If I miss you, have a wonderful week giving thanks for your many blessings with those you love. I am grateful for you.

I know that holidays can bring out the best and worst in people. Do yourself a favor and don’t take anything personal. Not everyone has the ability to communicate from their higher selves which can sting at times, I know. Keep a grateful heart, knowing we can always turn to each other for solace and care. As we know, gratitude begets gratitude.

Remember to choose foods that you love, that nurture your body and soul, instead of stuffing yourself if feelings get hurt and ruffled. Get out and move, it does wonders in clearing your head and burning those calories. I wish you love and happiness as you celebrate your many gifts of the season. I particularly love this day because the only gifts are the gifts of presence.

Have a wonderful week ahead if I miss you. I’ll be back with a published post from MastecadoresUsa, The Gift of Loving Perfectly Imperfect on Monday November 28th.

Kris, our fearless leader at the head and just a few of us to share in the joy of the day. Note my friend at the other end with her beautiful butterfly shirt to match her table cloth. She actually didn’t realize it until I pointed it out.

Blessings of Love Always, All Days!

πŸ’—

Copyright Β© 2022 Cindy Georgakas

eunice

“I am seldom truly at peace with what l have now” Faithful AutumnπŸ™. Everything together with the pictures make this post a great one. Thanks for sharing, Cindy.

eunice

My pleasure πŸ™.

Tangie

Great read. Concur β€œMost of us have never met in person but our connection is always rich with caring hearts and love.”

wow, Cindy ~ that’s a HUGE dinner! have fun!

πŸ§žβ€β™€οΈ Cindy πŸ§žβ€β™€οΈ

What a beautiful post, Cindy. Gorgeous pictures. I am grateful for you and all of your support, my friend. Hope you have an amazing holiday with your loved ones. Much love to you.πŸ’•

πŸ’•πŸ™πŸ’•

Cindy the way you so effortlessly connect over the blogosphere sharing your heart and your life is a healing blessing. Thank you for your shares and support. You are blessed and you share those blessings in every post. Happy Thanksgiving week and celebrations. Peace to you and your loved ones during this glorious season.

Thank you Cindy. Love and LightπŸ’•πŸ’—πŸŒΉ

A splendid homage to autumn ~ wishing for you a blessed Thanksgiving holiday with family and friends, dear Cindy πŸ’—πŸ’ž

Have a joyful and blessed Thanksgiving!

Clive

Provide
Sharing
Caring
Healing
Along the
FoRest Paths of
Loving Life Peacefully With SMILES..:)

SMiles You Too
Dear FRiEnD Cindy
Wonderful
Holidays
To You Allβ˜ΊοΈπŸ™β€οΈ

Twenty dinner guest sounds like wonderful chaos, Cindy. Enjoy every moment. And thanks for sharing the beautiful poem and your heartfelt gratefulness. You reflected exactly how I feel. Hugs. And Happy Thanksgiving.

Kirsten

Beautiful photos, and uplifting words, Cindy. Thank you for sharing! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving. πŸ’•

Gorgeous photos, Cindy. πŸ‚ Wishing you and yours a relaxing and joyful week of delicious food and connection. πŸ’ž

Thank you, Cindy. πŸ˜ŠπŸ’—

ivor20

Thank you Cindy for all of your fascinating posts and your lovely comments on my poetry site … have a wonderful week … πŸ˜πŸ€—πŸ‘πŸŒπŸΆ

K.L. Hale

Cindy,…I’m thankful for you. This poem, wisdom, warmth, and well wishes sums up my thoughts and feelings about life and friendships. You’re giving a LOT of yourself to others and what a beautiful and exhausting time you’ll undoubtedly β€œstuff” for great memories! Much love and hugs! Happy Thanksgiving! πŸ¦ƒπŸ’›

Such a beautiful post Cindy. I am grateful for you too. I am sure lots of people are. Wishing you the best holiday ever. Lots of love ❀️ ❀️❀️

A beautiful post Cindy. Love your words of wisdom my friend. I hope your family get together goes smoothly and everything is tip top and ready when your family arrives. Love and hugs

Dear Cindy,
Have a wonderfully blessed Thanksgiving with your loved ones!
Great pictures!

Vidah

Great post, Cindy.
Beautiful pictures!!
Enjoy yourself.

Ritish Sharma

While I enjoy winter more than any other season, no doubt autumn captures scenery beyond beauty. Look at those photos πŸ’—
What a beautiful message you’ve shared, Cindy. I love your perspective on life and how to live each & every moment of it.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

aparna12
aparna12

Wow, Dear Cindy, the poem is fabulous and so happy to know that your kids will be joining you and it will be family time on Thanksgiving. Your poems and posts are always delightful to read. Happy Thanksgiving in advance to you and your family. β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️😊😊😊. ‘I am thankful to God for giving me wonderful, sweet, very talented friends like you. β™₯️β™₯️β™₯οΈβ˜•πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°

Rivers Renewed

This is so beautiful! And I love Braiding Sweetgrass! I just started it. Drink a cup of tea for me at the study table. Blessings.

Doug

For Thanksgiving, so many points-of-view. There are many exiles roaming about with their stories. Eve is an exile with her knowledge. Prodigy of Eve and Turkey are in the laboratory with a beaver. The turkey is too fat to fly and the baby beaver has been observed in the lab. Skywoman is with the wild turkeys and beavers, her sweetgrass waving in the wind. Eve is a scientist.
    In the lab, Eve plays the sounds of running water for beavers who have never been outside. The beavers take the sticks they have been given and built a dam in front of the loud speakers where the sounds are coming from. They haven’t forgotten everything.
    At the Thanksgiving day table before the meal is brought out, everyone looks up at the shaft of light coming through an open skylight window above the table. Skywoman drops with a bang onto the center of the table with beavers, wild turkeys, and muskrats. She invites everyone to come outside by the river to hear a bluegrass concert.
    The table has been disrupted so Eve’s daughter calls the police and an exterminator. Adam announces, “Quick, everyone to McD for hamburgers and fries.”
    The D place is closed for repairs. But everyone is grateful for the laughs, and Skywoman offers to pardon them all with the forgiveness of the sweetgrass.

What a heart touching post, Cindy! In fact, we all feel the same way. Loved the tribute to autumn, and your wonderful statement that “the only gifts are the gifts of presence”. Have a lovely holiday with your loved ones! Happy Thanksgiving πŸ˜ŠπŸ’πŸ’–πŸ™

Cindy, well done my friend. Thanks for sharing this ode to Autumn. Keith

What a perfect poem, Cindy. I live, not necessarily love the lines, “A a child of my culture, I am seldom truly at peace with what I have.” It takes these gentle reminders from blogging friends like you that I have so much in your friendship and in the harvest of my life. Well done, Cindy. Have a wonderful holiday with family and friends. See you next week. πŸ™‚

The Sicilian Storyteller

Wonderful poem, Cindy. Sorry I can’t be more enthusiastic than that. We’ve been really sick here with some kind of awful cough/cold/virus that’s going around (not COVID). Over the last 22 days I think I’ve been sick for at least 15 of them. I’m so very tired of it. Today I’m going to bundle up and venture outside for some sun and fresh air. Been down for so long I can’t remember the last time I was outside. Haven’t even seen my Sunshine Colette πŸ˜”

Happy Thanksgiving my Friend. Have a great time and enjoy. Best wishes from myself and iku.
Rose spider
A silk web spun
Necklace of dew

Eugenia

I love autumn and hate to see it succumb to winter but it is what it is. Beautiful post, Cindy, and have a lovely Thanksgiving!πŸ’–

Eugenia

My pleasure, Cindy! πŸ’–

Jacqui Murray

What a lovely post, from the pictures to the poetry to the memories. Happy Thanksgiving, Cindy!

kenhume31

Lots of words of wisdom in that poem and gratitude in your post Cindy. πŸ™πŸ˜πŸ˜Š We appreciate you very much also for all the genuine support and encouragement you provide us on all our posts. You’re warmth and positivity is infectious and uplifting.πŸ˜πŸ€— Hope you’ve a lovely time with your family and that the renovations go well. 🀞🀞😁😁

robbiesinspiration

HI Cindy, this is a beautiful poem to share. Wishing you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving. PS I enlarged the picture and saw your friend’s pretty butterfly top.

A huuuge dinner! We are all connected here though we’ve never met. Happy week a head

Have a lovely holiday, Cindy! <3

DEVANG UPADHYAYA

I always feel satisfied after reading your blog. Because you give so much.
I am ecstatic.
Thank you so much.
Best wishes to you. Keep smiling

Baydreamer - Lauren Scott

What a beautiful post, Cindy! I am grateful we have connected even if just recently. Wishing you and your family a wonderful celebration! πŸ§‘πŸπŸ‚

Resa

Happy Thanksgiving , Cindy!
Thank you for the poem! Have a wonderful time!

I love the colours fall brings with it. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! πŸ‚

Happy Thanksgiving, Cindy! The poem is great for autumn and a great metaphor for the autumn of our lives!

:>)

Thanks for sharing the beautiful poem/prayer. Your spiritual rap group sounds really interesting. I didn’t know about such things as that. You flatter me with your kind thoughts. It is a pleasure to read your posts and poetry. I am so grateful for your support even though I’m not such a good follower. Please have a safe and happy Thanksgiving! Cheers!πŸ₯‚πŸ’—

Great poem. Love the photos. Happy Thanksgiving Day My Friend.

Patricia Furstenberg

Happy Thanksgiving, sweet Cindy!

cheriewhite

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Cindy! Beautiful post with beautiful fall pictures. And I wish your children a safe flight to mama’s and back home! We’ve been enjoying these last vestiges of Fall sitting in the backyard swing in front of the fire pit and warm fire.

And you’re right that many families can have a difficult and stressful time during the holidays. Here’s hoping and praying they can relax, enjoy each other more, and live in the moment.

Have a lovely weekend! πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

Wonderful. Happy Thanksgiving, Cindy! 🧑

You’re welcome, Cindy. Always. Thank you; it’s been wonderful! πŸŒŠπŸŒ€πŸ’–

Jaya Avendel
18 hours ago

What a perfect poem for this time of year! I appreciated the chance to read the work of a poet unfamiliar to me, and so enjoyed catching up through your life update. <3