Happy New Year to all of you!
I just want to tell you how much I appreciate you and your constant support, comments and engagement of my posts. I love our interactions and reading you!
We have such an amazing community of gifted writers, photographers, poets, comics etc. that I learn and grow from daily. Not to mention the chuckles I get and “Aha Moments” when reading your work. It is truly one of the highlights of my day and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for being part of my blogosphere family. As the saying goes “I am nothing without you”❣️
It was a great year with so much to be grateful for and so much to learn.
I’m going to warn you, this post is going to be long so feel free to skip through as I share some of my reflections, highlights and goals for the new year with you.
There’s no better time to begin again and set objectives and goals than the beginning of the year, so you can chart a path to where you want to go with clear vision and direction.
Take the necessary time to reflect on this past year and its global effects on our world and individually. Did you live congruently with your inner callings or were you stuck in a rut or on overload with little introspection?
Life can catch us by the surprise and we grab tight to the tail of the dragon, our mind and body gushing through the wind, living the dream and reaching goals. However, if we’re not careful, we can lose ourselves in the process and it becomes a pretty picture for everyone to admire, but ourselves.
What is this world worth, if we can’t find joy in the everyday moments that we are blessed with daily?-Cindy-
Move it Monday and Maybe Move it Tuesday now.
HIGH And LOWS
Reflections of the Year:
As a family, we always share our high/low of the year, what we learned and what we want moving into the New Year. This year was no exception and we started early, the first night we were all together.
My high, without a doubt, was my construction project, my daughter’s wedding, my poetry work recognized and being published, my beloved animals and incredible family and friends, including all of you, my blogosphere family.
Doing collaborations with some of you and sharing some of your work is always joyful for me. Without a doubt, I spend more time with you all, then I do with anyone else and you each enrich my life in a way that touches my heart in a way that only you understand as a fellow blogger.
The rest of my world thinks I’m a little touched and must have no life so it’s always nice to know I’m not alone. I learn from each of you, I talk about you by name and what your latest projects are, buy your books and gift them to others (I read snippets with the hopes of making it all the way through and write reviews, this year maybe) and feel like I know each of you intimately. I know this isn’t exactly right but I do feel closer to you than I do a lot of people in my sphere, so thanks for that.
My low this year was the exact same as my high! While each experience has been enriching and fulfilling, I found myself like a kid in a candy shop on a sugar high and crashing with each goal accomplished. The truth is, managing all of this was a lot of time; mentally, physically, financially and emotionally, not to mention the many hours of planning, delegating, managing etc., all while working full-time.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining, I’m blessed beyond measure and I’m ecstatic with the result of each thing I’ve done. Even the painstaking moments when I was lost or at an impasse were worth it in the end. I look back and see where each choice I made, although not perfect, taught me immeasurably and was worth the aggravation of seeing things through and not throwing in the towel.
And this is life! Coming up to our learning edges, researching and seeing something through, creates inner strength and resilience through the tension. Fanning our creativity and inner resources creates a synergetic vortex of movement and growth. We learn we are stronger and more capable than we ever imagined.
Life is not an easy cross to the finish line but takes our whole heart to brave the storms that come our way and come out smelling like a rose.
Nonetheless, we must ask ourselves at what cost? We have got to put ourselves in the driver’s seat in our lives or we will crash and burn. Even the Tesla’s of the world blow up in garages or drive themselves into a concrete block.
Take some time to know what you can actually do before your gas gauge runs on empty. This year has been critical to forge forward and although I wouldn’t change a thing with the outcome, I missed moments of lingering in the void and respite of the waterfalls dripping in the background but loved those moments where I experienced them.
I’ve learned that I have the capability to forge ahead and delay gratification which is essential at times, but I want more respite moving into 2023.
I’m perplexed though as I move into the end of phase 2 construction (we’re almost there but the bedrooms have now been disassembled again to finish 🤣, but hey everyone had a bed for the holidays so mission accomplished), phase 3 of construction, my book launch, scheduled in March by “EIF” with Ingrid Wilson which scares the bejesus out of me, and no doubt some surprises that will show up as they most often do.
Do check out Archery in the UK, Ingrid and Nick’s new poetry book coming soon, February 1, that is sure to open your heart chakra with lots of insight and lyrical beauty.
You see, I’m sandwiched between 4 kids that are expanding and growing, and 3 parents that are in the midst of living life from the back 9. If I’m not careful, I could get swallowed up. Gulp… none of us want that to happen.
If I cognitively think about it, I’m not sure how I will manage it once again without a new pair of running shoes to accompany me to the race to the finish line again this year.
Knowing this is the case, it’s essential I stop myself in my tracks and commit to HOW I will manage this daunting schedule and find respite in the moments which are essential to my well being.
I must change my lens, make some tough choices and take time to prioritize, like we all must or create a double, to clone me. Speaking of which Pooja from Lifesfinewhine has been incredible support and is worth her weight in gold, so do check her services out. Thanks Pooja!!!!
I get pleasure in each new exciting endeavor that comes my way, saying YES, because of my many interests but there is only one of me so like all of us, I need to stop and take inventory of what’s important and say maybe more often first.
Does anyone else feel this way?
I started shifting things early this year when I realized that something had to give and I didn’t want it to be my peace of mind, so I changed things up a bit which was small, but BIG for me.
I took the needed blogging break so I could hang with my family this year which took some of the pressure off. It was hard because as much as numbers don’t mean a thing about progress, I set goals. One of mine was to meet 4,500 followers by January 1 with 9 followers behind. It seems so silly but when I set a goal I’ll do whatever it takes to get there.
I’ll never forget when I was nearing 1,000 followers and Gottfried said “just steal some of mine”. It was John from Salsaworldtraveler’sblog that pushed me to 1,000 followers and I was over the moon and so grateful for that. You never forget those people in life that supported you to move forward and grow and they sit in your heart like cherubs and you are forever grateful.
In this case, closing shop early was not going to let me reach my goal, but I chose my sanity over a number, that truly doesn’t mean a thing in the big picture of life. As it turns out by letting go I reached 4,521 followers which does count email followers which I don’t generally count. But what the hey…. a follow is a follow. My husband is up to 140 followers and he doesn’t blog, just follows me. 🤣 It’s the running joke.
Things I learned in the Blogosphere this year:
- What you reap you sow. It’s a two way street, creating and maintaining relationships.
- Meeting new friends has been incredible and of course my old tried and true from day one on the blog is such a gift.
- Sharing and caring, commenting, reaching out with a helping hand is what really matters in times of joy and difficulty.
- There is only a finite amount of time and listening to how much time you can spend is critical.
- Karen, one of my followers sent me a text saying “how do you find the time to keep blogging?” My answer: “Good Question, I have no idea”. We find time for what we love, but something has to give. It best not be our sanity. We have to weigh out whether it’s worth it or not.
- Sharing your heart from your gut is really important no matter what you are writing about whether it is poetry, a post, information, photos etc.
- Your intention and heart show up on the screen and make it to other’s hearts.
- What you put out in the world manifests itself. It’s important to spend some time thinking about what you really want to share and want your message to be.
- I’ve learned that sometimes you get hurt when you make deep connections in the blogosphere when you take blogging friendships further through texting, calls and emails. Some things change over night and you can feel ghosted, hurt, rejected and perplexed. It’s as painful as any “real” relationship in your life. But as in life, our heart opens, breaks, opens, breaks and one day it heals and the gifts of self and lessons learned outweigh any heartache you went through.
- On the other hand, I’ve seen other times, where there is such an incredible relationship that are built through this blog and lifetime friendships evolve and develop into lifetime friends. Some even get married. It’s pretty wild and very cool. Take Marsha for instance, from Always Write. She organized a great in person reunion which was so moving. They are on my visit list at some point in time since I’m having FOMA now 🤣. Do be mindful and covet your giving and loving heart in time and attention, always.
- I’ve learned that blogging is a microcosm of life and this petri bowl we’re in here reflects exactly where we are at the time in our lives. We create, synthesize, grow and change and some people only show their persona, leaving rough and tough parts out. We are all doing our best so cut each other slack.
- I’ve learned the support is incredible through others promoting each other, buying their books, products etc.
- I’ve learned that life is meant to be shared and it’s a wonderful way to get your message to the world out in a bigger way with supportive and loving people.
- I’ve learned how much I love writing and reading and the joy that comes with it.
- I’ve learned a lot of things, I would never have learned because of your amazing posts. I love the rich history that is shared that stretches my mind and grows me.
- I’ve learned that no matter how hard I have tried to befriend someone on the blog, some will never want to be friends (just like life), so to stop liking their work and move on. I never quite understand this but se la vi.
- I’ve learned that I miss people sometimes because they don’t show up, WP scrambles things, and they miss me but it’s not intentional for the most part, so never take things personal.
- I’ve learned I have to follow, refollow, follow and follow.. 🤣🙇♀️
- I’ve learned that people come and go here. Some are seasonal, some are intermittent, some leave for good, some pop up out of the blue again (which is awesome) and all remain in my heart and I am changed and better in some way because our lives merged for period of time.
MY TOP FOLLOWERS WERE:
Thanks so much to all of you and a special thank you to those of you below for being here whenever I post. I’m so grateful!
Ignite Our Light For The New Year: Spoken Poetry
Thoughts Have NO Power unless…
THIS YEARS GOALS:
- Getting my book out this year is a major goal!
- I’m terrified to tell the truth. It seems so daunting to me. While I love writing which comes easy for me, the formatting, structure, chapters etc Is so challenging and I’m all over the roadmap.
- Balance is my intention this year.
- Time management is essential.
- Meditate daily.
- Workout daily.
- Eat healthier and drink more water.
- Finish Construction
- I will just say “surprises are imminent” and tell me when that isn’t the case?!!
To be honest, I don’t start the New Year until about February since my kids are still here on the actual holiday, January 2nd, and my house is turned upside down.
SUCCESSES IN MY WRITING:
- Publication of the Month October 2022: Spillwords Press, New York
- Contributing Author at MasticadoresUsa Editor Barbara Leonhard for the year of 2022 with 24 posts published
- Co-Author of Wounds I Healed:: Poetry of Strong Woman by Gabriela Maria Milton from Short Prose
- Interview on Spillwords Press SPOTLIGHT on Writers
- Interview MMS: Fitness Coach to Poet
- Publications on David Alexander’s blog at Skeptic’s Kaddish
- Blog posts: Posting 3 times a week for the most part: Move it or Move It Monday, Whatever Wednesdays whether in poetry, writing, published poems, quotes, etc.
- One or more of my poems accepted in Gabriela Maria Milton’s New book Hidden In Childhood Anthology coming soon!
- WordPress: 44,586
- Twitter: 805
- Instagram: 70
- Facebook: 201
- Search Engines: 803
- Comments: 21,468
- Likes: 32,880
- Comments: 20,357
- Likes: 31,227
- Followers: 4,522
Top 5 Countries For Views:
- United States
- United Kingdom
I’m looking forward to the journey with you this year in 2023.
My sense is, I will be posting in a more random pattern to accommodate everything that’s on my plate but always from my heart, always in support and always with honesty and love.
Blessings and magic as you manifest your hearts deepest longings this New Year while I find respite and more time for waterfalls dripping in the background.
Copyright © 2022 Cindy Georgakas
All Rights Reserved
First of all, Cindy, thank you for the wonderful words regarding the community here on WP – of it is a unique, enirching and supportive blogsphere family. Congratulations on reaching your new followers count but you were wise to let the blogging go for a while when overwhelmed by so much else in life – I’ve had to do the same now and again over the years but always enjoyed coming back. Wishing you a terrific and exciting New Year and may the lows become less as the highs dominate! xx
Thank you so much Annika. I’m glad you enjoyed it. We are blessed for sure and it is a unique community we have. Thank you.. at the beginning of the year, I though 5,000 was the number but it’s been slower but we take what we get.. a number is a number. Thanks for the agreement of taking a mini break… it did feel right and glad to hear you do the same at times. We need that for sure. You’re so right, it is wise to do.
Thanks so much for the wishes and I wish you all of that as well and hope to see you more this year. xo
Thank you, Cindy, for sharing your insights. So many learnings about love and care and blogging. You’re great. It’s always a pleasure to read your posts that contain realistic reflections. May all your dreams and wishes come true this year. All the best, Cindy 👍🎉💐💖
You’re most welcome KK and thank you for taking the time to read me! We do learn daily as you reflect in your writing as well. I’m delighted you enjoyed my tellings and reflections, thanks you so much. I appreciate the wishes and will tuck them into my heart. Thank you so much and all of the best wishes to you as well! ❤️💗💗
You’re most welcome, Cindy! It’s always a pleasure to read you, being so rich in knowledge and experience 😊💐💖🌷🙏
You are most kind and caring and I feel blessed to know you! xo (my emoji’s send love.. lol
Wish you the same
you’re welcome… thanks Yam!❣️
Happiest blessed new year Cindy. You are a beautiful soul. And thank you for words of wisdom. Cheers to you
I love how you recapped the year. I’ve never done that like you did here and it’ll be fun for you to look back years from now and see how you’ve progressed. Hope the new year is starting off well for you. 💫
Thanks so much Michele. It was long and yet I was on a role so I just went with it. it always starts slow as I regroup and these winds and storms have been something. I have started on a good foot with upping my water intake, etc. How about you? How are you doing? 💞
I just always love how you include something for everyone. I’m working on my diet, and exercising more will come next week when I start back to school. I’m doing great and just enjoying my last few days of freedom. Lol…
oh thanks Michelle! It’s good to listen and follow what we need. Oh that is when the challenge sets in. Enjoy and savor those last little bits of time!!! XO
Thank you… ❤️
[…] the voice memo I mentioned in my last post Goodbye 2022 Hello 2023. I thought it best to send it separately since I had so much going on in my last post Feel free to […]
Happy New Year dear Cindy. Loved reading your fantastic and profound post. It was awesome. Nice to hear you and I am so happy to have you as my blogging friend. Cindy I would love to work with you let me know we can work in collaboration on any subject. You name it and we can work together. Lots of love and hugs 💖🤗💖🤗💖🤗
Thank you so much dear Kamal! Happy to hear that my friend. I’m delighted as well.
Oh wouldn’t that be fun. Let’s think on that my dearest. my emoji’s aren’t working so xo’s will have to do! xoxooxox
It’s completely okay dear Cindy. You are always welcome. Do let me know we can work together ❤️😊❤️😊❤️
You are so awesome and thanks for always being here. You were in my top 5 faithful followers which I so much appreciate. I will look forward to it! 💞Cheers to that! ❣️
Yes I saw and am feeling so happy and grateful to being your friend Cindy. You too are such a warm hearted person. Keep up the way you are. Thanks a trillion. Cheers to both of us💖💖💖❤️❤️❤️
Oh good! I’m most grateful we’re friends as well. Thank you truly for all you do. I so much appreciate that. Cheers to us. I love it! 💞
Oh I’m delighted and soooo appreciative. The feeling is mutual and that’s why we connect on this lever so deeply. I will and you too. It’s a blessing,. ❤️💞💗
Yes Cindy I completely agree with you. The feeling is mutual. Blessings to you 💕💕💕💕
Hi Cindy, a lovely chatty post that I enjoyed. It is funny how our goals and dreams are intermingled with fears and anxieties. I am excited to read your book in due course and if you would like to participate as a guest for my Treasuring Poetry series, let me know. I love to promote poets and poetry.
Oh thanks Robbie.. Chatty it was! Thanks so much and you are so right. It is really true how they all merge and we have to continue to separate them out so we can forge ahead.
OMG I’m soooo honored for the invitation Robbie. A million Yes’s !!! I’m most grateful!
Happy New Year Cindy, what an inspirational post!
Thanks you so much Diana! You as well!
I appreciate the wishes! ❣️
Happy New Year, Cindy! I feel like a kid in a candy shop here. You have so much to offer! I’ve read your lovely poetry, which is like breathing in fresh air, and now I’ve discovered this! I can take real deep cleansing breaths as I follow along with you. (As a former dancer who lost her flexibility through a rare auto immune thing, I like to ignore it butthis is non-threatening, so safe and simply enjoyable.) The movement is lovely, like your words. I’ll be back! My balance needs some work!
Happy New Year to you as well! Oh, what a sweet comment! (I do love my chocolate)❣️
Oh how wonderful to hear your words breathing life into my heart for the evening…. thank you. I’m delighted you found it joyful to follow. Oh boy, I’m truly sorry to hear this which has to be soooo hard and challenging. I too danced professionally in my early 20’s and loved it and miss it but the body has made other choices, so I get it. It is still the most liberating thing I do when I get the opportunity but not the way I used to. I’m so happy to hear you feel this is a safe space for you to be and I’ll look forward to sharing our journeys together this year.
I will as well (and I do love my chocolate too!)
Happy New Year Cindy. I enjoyed reading your wonderful message. Also, thank you for the exercises tips. We have a great community of awesome bloggers. Enjoy your day/night.
Thank you so much Tangie and to you my friend. I’m delighted you enjoyed my message and exercise tips my friend. We sure do! How lucky are we~!!!
I will and you enjoy your Sunday too!
Pretty sure we connected on this but if not … thanks Tangie!
Wow, Cindy. You’ve had a busy and beautiful year. I loved reading all your successes and struggles—some of it mirrored mine as well. It’s a hard balance, creating things for our blogs, engaging with our readers, building our readership, and…you know…living our life offline. I’ve really appreciated every single comment you’ve left me over the year. You are always so kind and thoughtful. I’m grateful our paths have crossed and look forward to another year of growth 🙂