GETTY IMAGES

Happy Weekending Everyone!

By now, it’s Friday night for some of you and Saturday for others, but when I get 2 phone calls from my kids out of the blue, I stop everything and catch up since it might be another month until I hear from them. It truly is one of my highlights to chat with them. My son in particular was so sweet and said “mom, I have no idea how you take care of so much and told me how much he loves me. Tears stream my cheeks as I share this with you. The love of a child is one of the gifts that touches my heart deeper than anything I’ve ever known.

So on to the weather:

The storms of today
are bridges of tomorrows
nature’s gifts surprise!

Thanks for all of your comments and reaching out the last few days.The power outage in our surrounding areas seem to be being restored slowly.The damage goes with the territory sadly, but we need the rain.

Weather patterns are changing and we weren’t prepared because when you’ve been living in the “desert”, you aren’t prepared with so many years of drought. The rain won’t absorb what’s dry as a bone. Never would you expect it in our area. Earthquake’s, now that a different story, and we are long overdue; But spare us please, at least for now. It seems we should be turning a corner soon and there is calm due at the end of the storm, after next week. I’ve stopped turning on the news, so you probably have a better update than I do.

Yesterday, we had a clear day for the most part and I woke up to this gorgeous sky and a chance to get some errands done:

Sunday night I hobbled (see below) up the hill and “rescued” my 88 year old dad from the power outage and after 20 minutes of banging on the door at 5:30 p.m. “broke into his house” and figured out how to open this funky lock box, after another 20 minutes. I near gave him a heart attack when I found him sleeping in bed with a beanie cap and a coat.

He and his 92 year old girlfriend refuse to get off the hill, which makes my blood boil, since trees and power outages are most likely to happen and of course have been happening a lot right now. Plus, he’s near blind with macular degeneration, glaucoma, a bad heart, hips and back, which breaks my heart.

I made him eat some soup and tucked him back into bed with my walking stick… ha..🤣 and yelled at him “YOU HAVE GOT TO MOVE DOWN THE HILL” to which he replied “Yes, I have to get down the hill”. Elder abuse or loving kindness behind the words of a frustrated daughter, trying to beat the rain before the floods hit again and wash me over the hill? This is a subject for another time. Of course the next day, he wouldn’t dream of leaving. 🧐

We ordered a sump pump, to mitigate more water damage to the tiki bar which is small potatoes, compared to what so many are experiencing and it’s working at the moment. The great news is the new construction is without leaks and our drainage seems to be working well, with no leaks inside the house. A big YAY to that.

I’ve had a little set-back taking sweet Hunter for a walk who ended up in a fight with a lab down the street. One or both of them rammed into my knee on the same side of my healing hip. Ugh! Add insult to injury!

I was on the way to bring dinner for my mom and I texted her and said “mom I can’t come in, so come out and get it”. She wouldn’t hear of it and argued with me, until I finally succumbed with the promise of an ice bag, a glass of water, and a bit of soup so I could take my 3 Advil. I don’t take Advil normally, but when I have an injury this bad, I stay on it every 6 hours until the inflammation goes down.

I put my leg up and started icing (ALWAYS REMEMBER RICE after an injury; Rest, Ice, Compress and Elevate), and she brings me the biggest glass of wine and soup. I just looked at her and said “Mom, Advil is hard on the liver, I need water. I can’t tell you how happy she was to visit and chat (it’s not like I don’t talk to her almost everyday with weekly visits). Again, like me, she loves her kids. We had a lovely visit.

Finally, I drank the water and said to myself “what the hey”, and drank the wine too. 🤪 I hobbled home and iced 20 on and 20 off all through the night and next day. I managed to see clients all week and iced, used a hand held LED light for healing, took Advil, used topicals, started some rehab exercises and don’t need the walking stick anymore.. a double YAY!

NEW YEAR:

Anticipation
Goals and aspirations ripe
Don’t give up, begin again

So how is your year starting out? Did you set intentions or set any goals? Have you been derailed in any way? Life continues to give us opportunities to begin again and regroup and reassess. Look at what you have done to align yourself to your purpose this year, not at what you haven’t done.

My word of the year is Balance and I might be teetering on a thin rope but I don’t give up easily and I do heed the messages. We teach what we need to learn most. And wouldn’t you know that my book coming out is all about Living the Life You Envisioned.

I’ve decided to start the New Year on Chinese New Year starting January 24th-February 9th. I’ll start Feb 1rst since I like round numbers and besides I never believe in setting yourself up for failure when the holiday bleeds into January 1st.

CHOOSE 1 OR 2 THINGS YOU WANT

When we choose too many things, we might start strong for a week and flounder terribly after that which sets up failure right away. I’ve found with myself and clients, by focusing on one thing at a time, lasting results are attainable.

With that said, I have made some strides. I usually don’t drink any alcohol in January … OOPS so much for that. So, you know the drill, begin again.

I have however taken my vitamins everyday, eaten 3 times a day to maintain my blood sugar levels, am sleeping more, eating more fiber and veggies, drinking more water and my workouts were awesome until this but hey. my arms still work. (See our friend Devang from Fat Guy Workout who is doing an awesome series that’s very basic and understandable on the importance of fiber and carbohydrates and more).

So, when your legs don’t work, focus on a different body part that does. I’m doing tricep dips at my computer and started on the stationary bike. Triple YAY. I’ve been meditating more and doing my Qui Gong ( I’m excited to lead a segment coming soon at our Spiritual Rap Star Retreat at the end of January).

And a big one for me is I got a mani pedi after my toe-nails were digging through my shoes and my nails were snagging things. Luckily none of my clients felt it! Why is it so hard to take care of ourselves on those fundamental levels? Do you find this as well?

Raindrops are falling on my toes.. Ignore the bunions and crazy twisted toes and focus on the red hot polish! ❤️

For me, I think it’s because as a mother / caregiver we get so used to taking care of everyone else’s needs, we drop ourselves out, which is the last thing we should be doing. It becomes ingrained but it’s essential to eradicate this as soon as you notice it. We know this cognitively but we have to make a point to check in with ourselves often and give ourselves what we need on a deep level to fill our own reservoir, so we can in fact be there for others. That should be parenting 101 but we are told it’s selfish to care for our souls when in fact, people get the very best of us, when we do.

So be the storm, stand in your power and remember you need to open your wells of acceptance to yourself and take care of you on the deepest level first.

So, on a fun note, we’re 10 days out from truly finishing phase 2 of the 3 part remodel and I’ll send you a video after it’s all done. In the meantime here is a recent video of the Jack and Jill bathroom. Just add shower glass, coming next week and we’re actually done.

I need your help. The question is what do you think I should do above the door, tile or put a sign?

See your choices below

I asked our brilliant artist, photographer friend Phil Perkins from Phil Perkins Photography if he could format some images for me of some words I might like to use.

Now, it’s your turn to vote:

Here’s the first one:

And the second:

So, what do you think?

I’m always up for a good laugh as you know. My family quickly vetoed the first one and after all it is community bathing for the “kids” and with grandkids no doubt in the future, NOT a good idea.

I loved Dream Believe Achieve but I don’t know about you, but I just want to chill when I’m bathing.

Another would be, wash your worries away but I think Phil’s 2nd image and these words are exactly what I would want affirm when I’m bathing or showering. Unless you have any better ideas?

Thanks so much Phil for putting the Yay in my Day and getting this image set up for me to buy.

Have a great weekend and remember to take time to dream, be kind to yourself and have some laughs along the way. Thanks to all of you for always putting the Yay in my day and being here.

💗

The photo on the featured image is An atmospheric storm, known as a Pineapple Express, is 500 miles off the coast of California. It is expected to hit the Pacific Northwest on Wednesday

Copyright © 2022 Cindy Georgakas

Sheila “Spiral Sister” Murrey

I’m voting for the relax unwind sign. You can read it better and it’s more general in case others use your bathroom or you ever sell! Love the subway tile!
Enjoyed the rest of your post too, including the ripples in the water near your toes!

Thanks for the shoutout, dear Cindy! 🤗 I’m glad that you like my image, and, reviewing your creative phrases, I think “Relax Unwind Rejuvenate” is the ticket! That’s quite a weather system you’ve been coping with and I hope it relents, soon. So glad to hear that your parents are managing through this period. 🙏 Take care and stay safe, my friend! 💞

Suma Reddy

Hahaha Dad n his GF calm 🤣 😂 you my Queen to weave the situation into Drama which reader can visualize it to real. Smiles from miles it brought many smiles to my face to imagine. And she is the storm an arm to lift people up when tgey fall n needed that’s you dearest Queen. Glad I didn’t miss this one. Happy Weekend 😊 loves n respect always ❤ 🥰🙏

Suma Reddy

Yes Queen, I work in night shift so. You will have to do nothing ❤😇 I keep visiting but couldn’t share my comments most of the times. I am trying now.

My choice, Cindy, would be Relax Unwind Rejuvenate. Take good care of yourself. Keep a sense of balance at all times. Trust you get over your injury quickly. Have a great day My Friend.

That some craziness with your dad. Cute red toe nails on your toes doing the twist like they did last summer. We are still dry in the high desert.

Old people can be so stubborn sometimes. It drives me mad but I mean they are who they are so you just have to let some stuff go. I really hope you heal soon!

Lol not at all 😂

Happy Friyayy, Cindy. I really like “wash your worries away “. Sounds perfect. You have been BUSY huh. Hope you get a chance to relax and unwind this weekend. BTW- Loving the red polish.💕

You are so welcome.💕🙏💕

Frank @ Beach Walk Reflections

Cheers to your son for bringing tears to your eyes. On the other side of the coin, reading about your dad reminds me of listening to my wife talk about her 93-year-old dad. At least he’s in assisted living. The amount of rain your state is experiencing is crazy. Good luck out there!

In terms of the door, love both of the signs. The first one cracks me up – definitely one that grabs attention and delivers a chuckle. The only downside is dealing with those that don’t have a sense of humor. Oh well … #1 it is!

Mark S

The photo of the sunrise is stunning! And its very cool that you were able to connect with Phil for a sign above the door. Have a great weekend!

My Cindy, you uber busy and still healing from injury bless you!
I loved the full circle of love in your catching up with your children and your parents wirh you. You are blessed!!

I vote for Dream Believe Achieve. Rejuvenate is beautiful, too!
I hope the storm clears and repairs are not too disconcerting.
Happy weekend, Cindy.

Happy weekend, Cindy. Peace, love and rejuvenation!

Thank you!!

OK girlfriend, I am laughing my ass off here! I feel like I just watched a soap opera between the power outage, the soup, and the fight between the two dogs! 😅 😂 🤣 And oh no, not the hip injury? What the what??? 🤔

Phil did an awesome job with the graphics. I love the second one, although the first one is a hoot and one I can truly relate and connect to! OMG! I think “Unwind, relax and rejuvenate” go with the sophisticated flow of your bathroom though. 🌟🛀✨

And Dawwwlinkkkkk, lastly I loved your haiku’s, loved your fierce Rockin’ RED nail polish, but I especially loved this “I drank the water and said to myself “what the hey”, and drank the wine too. 🍷💖🍾💞🍷 Girl Cindaaayyyyy, this is a FUNyay way to end my day!!! 🌞 Love you my Poetic Energizer Bunny!!! 🐇 Think I will go in here and make me a bowl of soup!!! 🤣

Oh Cindy, you certainly know how to tug at my heartstrings don’t you Mama Nature? 💗💗💗 Sometimes ya just gotta sit down and let the “do-do” float on by and let it go. Too stinky anyway! 😵💩👻 Soooooo…..

My Poetic Energizer Bunny you keep on writin’, recitin’ and fightin’. ✍️😍💪 Grab your glass of wine 🍷 and water if you want…drink the water and then chase it with the wine, 😝 grab your walking stick 👩🏼‍🦯 and get to steppin’. 🚶🏼‍♀️🚶🏼‍♀️🚶🏼‍♀️ Slow but sure! You will get there dawwwwlinkkkk. I am here with you. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, kick back and relax! Namaste! 🛀🏼🙆🛌🏼

Sounds good to me. Enjoy ladybug!!! ❣️🛀🏻💖

Tricia Sankey

The Relax, Unwind, Rejuvenate sign is beautiful and would look great in there! It’s all looking soo good! Sounds like you do need a lot of relaxation after all that’s transpired, I do feel for everyone struggling over there, and then today, just saw all the tornadoes in Alabama! No bueno! You sound like me with the advil, I try to limit the meds as much as possible, and always researching natural remedies for inflammation. Love the message at the end, great empowering post!! 👏👏🥰

So sorry my friend that you have injured your leg/ hip. Sending you healing thoughts and prayers. Stay safe and warm. Let the new year begin in February! Why not?

Feel better soon my friend

I hope you are 100% soon. Hugs

💕💕💕

Jacqui Murray

I can’t believe how much energy you have, despite the setbacks. #2 sign above the door–suits me better!

💜 Awesome Stream of Consciousness SupaSoulSis; in Summary Some of My family have become RESENTFUL!!! 😀 because I Don’t NEED!!! Them; these days, I Let Nature Take Its Course; which (WITCH!!! 🧙 🪄🧹) is what I THINK!!! YOUR!!! Parents and Kids ARE Trying to Get Across To YOU!!! suggesting Get On With YOUR!!! Own 3DLife and Leave Us to Getting On With OURS!!! Just an Opinion, ergo, Live Life as YOU!!! Will

nisi mortuus nec neque nolite vicit 🤭🤫🤐

…💛💚💙…

💜 YOU!!! ARE Most Welcome 🙏🏿

…💛💚💙…

indianeskitchen

You’ve had enough of the rain already, however, finally a gorgeous sunrise. You’re nail polish looks bright and shiny for sure Cindy! I love you’re new bathroom, especially the size! I like the Relax, Unwind and Rejuvenate sign.

iNDeeD The Seasons And Weathers

iT All iS What It Is
i Am Every Season
And Weather

Within i

Create For Free

No Matter Season
Or Weather Outside of me With SMiLes..:)

Hehe Dear

Real With SMiles ☺️❤️🎼

Done
With
SMiles☺️❤️🏝

☺️❤️🏝💐

Doug

I like your idea of a movable New Year’s Day and resolutions. Last year I fell asleep at the Rip Van Winkle Inn and didn’t wake up until March with a long beard and finger and toe claws. But the march resolutions weren’t much better. I still haven’t gotten very far with my constructed language project (conlang) — I want each word to be a concept equivalent to a page or two of writing, but I want it to stay dense in meaning like a dream and not translated to a simplified version; that is, see word, think a complete dream… The key would be standardization and memorization.
    For your sign, maybe: “Bathe the Soul, Shower with Glory, but ‘Don’t Throw the Baby Out With the Bath Water’ ”
    I hope everything heals — person, brick, and flower.

My preference is second one, RUR. Your posts are always interesting, as you add some funny elements despite being on Advil. This is your positivity and sense of humour that I like. But the touching conversation with your son stood out for me. Hope the weather will come back to normal soon. But take care, Cindy, and have a great weekend 🎉🎉❤️💐🙏

You’re more than welcome, Cindy! It’s always a pleasure to read you 😊💖

Eugenia

Good grief, you poor thing! What a plethora of “stuff” you are going through! I like “Relax Unwind Rejuvenate” for the sign. Nice color polish on your toesies. Take care, stay safe and healthy!😱💞🍷

Eugenia

Most welcome, Cindy!💖

Baydreamer - Lauren Scott

I love this post, Cindy, and definitely “Relax, Rewind, Rejuvenate.” 🙂 The raindrops on your toes made me smile. And reading about your dad made me think of my father-in-law who will turn 100 in May! Happy Saturday now and stay safe and dry! More rain this weekend, and then it looks like we get a break. Yay! All the reservoirs are full, so I think a break is deserved. 🙂 💗🤗

DEVANG UPADHYAYA

So much has happened with you wow
Please take care
and Please take care of your dad as well.
Sending some positive vibes

DEVANG UPADHYAYA

I did see it
I didn’t believe it 😅
I thought it’s someone else with similar name maybe, or maybe I thought I read something else.
Thanks

DEVANG UPADHYAYA

You are too kind.
People don’t trust me as they trust you. 😁
I’m interacting less as well.
Just selected few.

DEVANG UPADHYAYA

I’m interacting less.
People don’t give similar energy like you.
I read new people’s blog, but they don’t respond.
Need more genuine followers.
Thanks again for your kindness.
Have a peaceful time ahead
And thank you for the shoutout

DEVANG UPADHYAYA

🙇🏻‍♂️

Dawn

Hope you are continuing to take care of yourself and healing well..and that the weather gives you a break soon!
SO many nuggets of wisdom wrapped in your post, and thanks for the link to Devang’s blog as well…just what I need right now!
I love the 2nd sign, and would be a perfect reminder to start and end every day 💞💞💞

Monkey's Tale

I love that your 88 year old dad has a 92 year old girlfriend! I would actually put the picture without words because I’d want to change the words after a while and wouldn’t be able to. But that’s just me. Maggie

100 Country Trek

We have so much rain here today in Nova Scotia..but it is great that you got into your Dad’s . Have a wonderful Weekend. Anita

Train Today to Reap Tomorrow

Cindy I have to ask the same question that your son asked, “ How do you take care of so many things and so well?”

I had no idea about RICE till I read your story. Hope things are getting better.

Taking care of aging parents is so incredible.

California had been hit by cyclone this winter. Take care of your self and people around you. Mother Nature is very powerful but she listen to our prayers.

Regards, Sunil.

The Sicilian Storyteller

Oh, my dear friend! You have been through the mill, haven’t you, along with countless others! It’s truly unbelievable for us back here to read about what’s going on out there but you described it so well – the desert being unable to soak up a deluge! You know, I had to lol a bit when you were talking about your mom and dad. We start out saying “KIDS!!” and as time goes by we end up saying “PARENTS!!” Amazing, that circle of life! Of course, I had to shed a few tears along with you when you were relaying that conversation with your son. That really puts things in perspective, doesn’t it? Oh, dear Cindy, I know you can truck with the best of them so keep on trucking and never forget we’re thinking about you and praying for a better tomorrow. That photo was hopeful and lovely; it might be one of those pix you need to look at every day to remind you that better times are on the way. God bless, Cindy G! Luv ya!! ❣️ 🙏🏼 🕊️ 🌞 🌈

The Sicilian Storyteller

I love that line about asking your mom if she was ready to have another grandchild! You’ve really been through it out there. I hope things start to settle down to some semblance of normalcy … whatever that is! Bless you, hon! Big love back at ya! ❤️

Layla Todd

What a great end-of-week update, Cindy! Love knowing that the weather has moderated a little bit, but it is crazy how many people have been negatively affected.

I vote for the relax unwind sign, although I do like the boldness of the first one too. 😂

A wonderful post, Cindy. Inspirational as always. Happy weekend!! ❤️

You’re most welcome, Cindy! Always. ❤️

Colleen M. Chesebro

Relax and unwind, Cindy! It’s a true winner. 💜

Laleh Chini

Happy weekend to you too Cindy.🌺even though its almost done😂❤️❤️❤️

Laleh Chini

Nice, I’m happy for you 😘😘😘

Laleh Chini

💕

You have been busy! I’m always amazed at how much you have going on – injuries, kids, rescues, renovations, floods, drought! And you still have time to do your nails! That’s a modern woman, I guess. The photo of that storm over the Pacific is a monster. Yikes.

Reply to  D. Wallace Peach

That’s how I feel every time I read one of Cindy’s posts, Diana – how does she deal with all of this? I can barely keep up with work and parenthood!

Cindy, I’m glad you’re taking care of your injury and improving <3

And it's super cute how you take care of your parents!

~David

Reply to  ben Alexander

I’d need a nap after half of her day’s activities. 😀

Reply to  D. Wallace Peach

😆

You’re a sweet daughter, Cindy, taking care of your father. 💞 Your project is coming along beautifully! Lovely word art will be a nice finishing touch. Enjoy!

Starting backwards: My first reaction was sign… then with both sides of the door tile…carry the tile through.
Wow! I can’t believe you are still standing!! The first sign logo will be the death of you! LOL
I believe you need some R&R! I can’t imagine how you are handling two aging parents and still doing all the other things on you plate. My theory is slow down or your body will do it for you!!
Wishing you the best! Love that your kids called and checked in on you.
Your dad has nothing more to lose… let him stay up on the hill!
Breathe in …………. Breathe out!

You will be ok…, Take a day to rest!

Priscilla Bettis

Your area has been put through the wringer. I hope you get better weather soon! Love the toes.:-)

Robbie Cheadle
Robbie Cheadle

Hi Cindy, this is a comprehensive post so I will comment on the things that stood out for me. I am glad the rain is abating and your house stood firm. Great news. Sorry about your injury, I’m glad it is improving. I have decided that aging parents revert to toddler status and don’t want to do anything sensible or take advice. Within reason, they have to live with their choices and so must we.

Hey Cindy – just getting caught up 😅 it’s all go where you are, and I hope you’re ok. I love your pedicure 😍 I always take time out for my nails – it’s kind of enforced self-care, but I feel a million dollars afterwards 🤩

‘by focusing on one thing at a time, lasting results are attainable.’ I’m with you on this (she says, catching up on WP while editing manuscripts 🤪)

I sort of have to laugh at most people’s resolutions. I resolve to do my best every day, and that’s good enough for me 💖

Mary K. Doyle

What a fun post, Cindy. So much in here! My vote is for the second illustration and inspiration.

Hi Cindy G!
Thanks for the RICE reminder and glad you are on the mend!
Whew – and sorry about all the storms in California and many prayers going up!

I also enjoyed the video of the bathroom but I don’t have any ideas for the sign? I think if it our bathroom – I would want tile there – I like plain –
But the sign or a type of bathroom art could be beautiful and best wishes deciding
Xx
Yvette

Smitha V

Enjoyed reading your post, Cindy. Like your son, I have to say, ‘How do you manage to do it all?” Your description of the dogs hitting your knew got me saying, ‘Ugh’ even before I read it on your post. I saw the news- it looked like a massive flood. It’s good to know that you and your family weren’t badly affected by it. Have an amazing week ahead!

d.a.simpsonwriter

Wonderfully inspiring 💖💫

My brother-in-law lives in San Jose and told us how so many trees are falling over from the rain. I remember when it used to rain in CA on a regular basis, but the drought has made rain a major catastrophe. Glad you’re safe! It’s raining here, too.

Bridgette

Oh, boy! You’ve had quite a January so far. My word of the year is also balance. I decided in order to not get too discouraged, I’d baby-step into my goals.
During the first week of January, I focused on moving my body more, drinking water, meditating, and journaling. For the second week, I added in a bit more movement and a day without social media/my phone (balance!) It’s week three now and I’m going to add in more mindful eating and finally start working on my manuscript.
Hope you and your beautiful family continue to be safe during these crazy storms. They will pass. They always do. 🙂

Weather has become quite unpredictable these days🥲

Cindy such a beautiful fun loving post. Happy Fun Friday. Take utmost care and stay safe. Hope you get well soon. Have a great day 😊😊😊

Great to hear that Cindy. God bless. Always welcome dear 💖

Lebogang Shazzygal Malatji

Beautiful piece

M Jay Dixit

Finding the balance is life. I love the importance of self-care and balancing taking care of others with taking care of oneself.. that you stress upon. Love of the children and joy of catching up with them is really unmatched! Even though I don’t have any children but whenever my little bro calls me up from his college in the other city, I too leave everything I’m doing and talk to him.. we almost always talk for an hour straight😂

Resa

Always positive. 🤩

When I see all that water, it makes me think of some words from an old song.
“I’m goin’ where the water tastes like wine,
Gonna jump in the water
Stay drunk all the time.”

Resa
Resa

xo 👏💗

Stuart Danker

Lol I’m with the Relax Unwind Rejuvenate gang too.

My word for the year is Inspire. And by aiming to inspire others, I hope to act in a way that inspires myself too. So close now. Am really looking forward to the end of your renovation works!